[Q] L90 (D405-TR) FM Radio Problem

Search This thread

CaPaCuL

Jul 22, 2014
Kocaeli
Hi guys,

I’m from Turkey, I'm new user on this forum and I'm so sorry for quite poor English. I bought a L90 (D405-TR). But there isn’t FM Radio app in applications menu.

I read some Turkish forums (for LG G2) installing the ROM of different countries or by rooting to activate FM Radio.

1) I rooted the device. My /cust/OPEN_AME/TR/config/custom_apk_list.cfg contents as follows:

-/system/app/LGFmRadio.apk

I've made this change in content is as follows, and I restart the phone:

+/system/app/LGFmRadio.apk

Then I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio :(

2) I flashed England and Italy's ROMs, I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. Again I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio :(

3) Both the phone is rooted, and while both been installed in a different country (which again was the root case)… I was installed Spirit FM Radio, Connected Music Player, etc. I did not listen to the radio.

Q1: Is there Fm radio receiver / hardware on my device? How can I check/detect whether there is?
Q2: Let's assume that there is an FM radio receiver. Both of these methods are not listened to the radio?
Q3: Fm Radio hardware which prevents other transactions have to do?

Last edited:

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Hi guys,

I’m from Turkey, I'm new user on this forum and I'm so sorry for quite poor English. I bought a L90 (D405-TR). But there isn’t FM Radio app in applications menu.

I read some Turkish forums (for LG G2) installing the ROM of different countries or by rooting to activate FM Radio.

1) I rooted the device. My /cust/OPEN_AME/TR/config/custom_apk_list.cfg contents as follows:

Then I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio :(

2) I flashed England and Italy's ROMs, I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. Again I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio :(

3) Both the phone is rooted, and while both been installed in a different country (which again was the root case)… I was installed Spirit FM Radio, Connected Music Player, etc. I did not listen to the radio.

Q1: Is there Fm radio receiver / hardware on my device? How can I check/detect whether there is?
Q2: Let's assume that there is an FM radio receiver. Both of these methods are not listened to the radio?

According to the research I've done, this morning in fact, there is a builtin FM radio receiver in some D405 and D410 models. However I cannot be more specific than that. I do know that the D415 does NOT have a builtin FM receiver.

PBakker

May 5, 2014
Enschede
Hi guys,

i have the LG D405n and this one has radio and it is working...

Greetz

Peter

CaPaCuL

Jul 22, 2014
Kocaeli
i have the LG D405n and this one has radio and it is working...

Greetz

Peter

Thanks @PBakker for reply. I've already flashed a ROM belonging to the Italian model (d405n). But still, I could not listen to the radio. When I flashed any ROM, Does changing the kernel? (I think the problem is caused by radio to the kernel prevent, If there is fm radio hardware on my phone. However, my device, I don't know whether it is fm radio hw.).

Peter Bakker

Jan 3, 2013
Enschede
As far as i know by most rom packages you need to update or change the kernel seperately. So kernel not affected by installing rom

Shrieker1

Dec 15, 2013
I have the same problem. I just bought the phone yesterday, (L90 D405-TR) and this evening i realized there's no radio app in the app drawer.

Is it possible to use it's radio receiver using an app from google play ? Or do those require mobile data ?

I guess we need to find out first and foremost whether our model (L90 D405-TR) has a radio receiver after all...

Last edited:
Reactions: CaPaCuL

CaPaCuL

Jul 22, 2014
Kocaeli
I have the same problem. I just bought the phone yesterday, (L90 D405-TR) and this evening i realized there's no radio app in the app drawer.

Is it possible to use it's radio receiver using an app from google play ? Or do those require mobile data ?

I guess we need to find out first and foremost whether our model (L90 D405-TR) has a radio receiver after all...
Are you from Turkey?

Last edited:

PuroKaibil

Sep 17, 2010
For what is worth if you still need to find the answer.
Open the Google music play app and if your phone has an FM radio tuner you will see the following options:

Listen Now
My Library
Playlists
Radio
Explore

If radio is not listed as one of the options then your phone lacks that capability.
Hope this helps.
Cheers......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.