[MOD] BlurHome Launcher - ICS Style

Search This thread

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres

BlurHome ICS Style

1iir8i.jpg

I was currently using GO EX Launcher with ICS theme but I did not like the Push Notification ADS i was receiving plus i don't like the "cheapy" feel to Market Launchers so i went ahead and found ICS Icons from an ICS system dump and replaced the launcher,Browser,Phone,and MMS Icons for the Atrix 2 rom.

COMPATIBLE WITH:
  • SuperCharged v5 2.3.6
  • SuperCharged v4 2.3.5
  • Stock 2.3.5
  • Stock 2.3.6

HOW TO INSTALL

Step 1: Download all 3 Files from here and place them on your sdcard(not in a folder,just straight on sdcard)

Step 2: Using ADB push files 1 at a time

Step 3: Enjoy!

FILES:

BlurHome2.apk

blur-res.apk

Browser.apk *Re-Uploaded 3/7/12*

Here are the Codes,you need to use adb while in windows.Open CMD to push 3 files.(if you dont have ADB you download it from the "Root your Atrix 2" post in the Development Section, its the file named "exploit.zip")

With Each code u type each line one by one just incase your confused and trying to copy and paste the whole code into CMD lol ; )

Code 1:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    cat /sdcard/BlurHome2.apk > /system/app/BlurHome2.apk
    chmod 755 /system/app/BlurHome2.apk
    reboot

Code 2:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    cat /sdcard/Browser.apk > /system/app/Browser.apk
    chmod 755 /system/app/Browser.apk
    reboot

Code 3:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    cat /sdcard/blur-res.apk > /system/framework/blur-res.apk
    chmod 755 /system/framework/BlurHome2.apk
    reboot

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE,YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE THATS ON YOU. IF YOUR FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS YOU WILL BE FINE : )

P.S I also provided some High Res ICS Wallpapers for download they were pulled directly from ICS 4.0 ROM

ICS Wallpapers

IF YOU LIKE,FEEL FREE TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON! :D

Last edited:

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008
Your 3 codes state to reboot at the end of each one. If i recall, you don't need to reboot after pushing each file right? I thought you could push all 3, then reboot at the end. Digging the mod, about to give it a shot after my CWM backup.

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
Your 3 codes state to reboot at the end of each one. If i recall, you don't need to reboot after pushing each file right? I thought you could push all 3, then reboot at the end. Digging the mod, about to give it a shot after my CWM backup.

Thanks.as for not rebooting after each file push, i am not sure.i like to play it safe so i do one at a time. I would imagine you would be fine.

I am working on a lockscreen next .i want to give it a more ics appearence so that's probably my next little mod project .there is not many roms or mods for atrix 2 due to it being newish and support could be bigger so i figured i would try n whip some up and contribute .we need some more options in my opinion because this phone is great.has potential.i am not a dev but love messing around in Photoshop and changing appearences.i get bored quick with the same looks :)

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
This is really great! It's awesome to see more people working on themes and mods for our phone!

Great work, and good luck with the lockscreen.

essa3eg

Feb 28, 2012
I tried it but lost my browser

Hello,
I followed the instructions but lost my browser. I hope you can help

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

sorry, I found the problem. the browser file is corrupt. please upload it again

essa3eg

Feb 28, 2012
sorry, I tried it after you upload it but still zero bytes. can you upload it on another server

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
sorry, I tried it after you upload it but still zero bytes. can you upload it on another server

I just checked the download,it says "595.87 KB" thats the file size i am getting,must be something going on on your side. i just downloaded it. perhaps try a different browser,or if your using your phone to download use a different app like opera mini or boat browser,hope it works out.

essa3eg

Feb 28, 2012
I just checked the download,it says "595.87 KB" thats the file size i am getting,must be something going on on your side. i just downloaded it. perhaps try a different browser,or if your using your phone to download use a different app like opera mini or boat browser,hope it works out.

I tried the download on 2 different PCs and used IE, firefox and chrome. It appears on site to be 595kb but once downloaded it's 0 bytes. can you send it as e-mail attachment?

rachitpant

Oct 9, 2011
One simple doubt.

this just replaces the icons and the notification bar .. right
i won't loose the facebook widget and the social features in library provided int he original rom.. ?
also can you please tell what is the weather widget you are using?

jstrayy

Mar 5, 2011
Can I just push via rootexplorer? Everyone always gives step by step via ADB but Idk how to use ADB! Lol

Sent from my Supercharged A2

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
Can I just push via rootexplorer? Everyone always gives step by step via ADB but Idk how to use ADB! Lol

personally I used root browser and pushed the apk to system/app, then downloaded moto home fixer off the market and set home as default. No issues yet

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Reactions: jstrayy

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
I get a message saying this is not a MOTOBLUR device when using home fix and what rom r u using?

1: use root browser to push blurhome2apk to system/app
2: Download MOTO HOME FIXER
3: Set HOMR as default

Must use ROOT BROWSER off the market....those are the steps I use, on every ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

BlurHome ICS Style

1iir8i.jpg

I was currently using GO EX Launcher with ICS theme but I did not like the Push Notification ADS i was receiving plus i don't like the "cheapy" feel to Market Launchers so i went ahead and found ICS Icons from an ICS system dump and replaced the launcher,Browser,Phone,and MMS Icons for the Atrix 2 rom.

COMPATIBLE WITH:
    • SuperCharged v5 2.3.6
    • SuperCharged v4 2.3.5
    • Stock 2.3.5
    • Stock 2.3.6

HOW TO INSTALL

Step 1: Download all 3 Files from here and place them on your sdcard(not in a folder,just straight on sdcard)

Step 2: Using ADB push files 1 at a time

Step 3: Enjoy!

FILES:

BlurHome2.apk

blur-res.apk

Browser.apk *Re-Uploaded 3/7/12*

Here are the Codes,you need to use adb while in windows.Open CMD to push 3 files.(if you dont have ADB you download it from the "Root your Atrix 2" post in the Development Section, its the file named "exploit.zip")

With Each code u type each line one by one just incase your confused and trying to copy and paste the whole code into CMD lol ; )

Code 1:
      Code:
      adb shell
      su
      cat /sdcard/BlurHome2.apk > /system/app/BlurHome2.apk
      chmod 755 /system/app/BlurHome2.apk
      reboot

Code 2:
      Code:
      adb shell
      su
      cat /sdcard/Browser.apk > /system/app/Browser.apk
      chmod 755 /system/app/Browser.apk
      reboot

Code 3:
      Code:
      adb shell
      su
      cat /sdcard/blur-res.apk > /system/framework/blur-res.apk
      chmod 755 /system/framework/BlurHome2.apk
      reboot

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE,YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE THATS ON YOU. IF YOUR FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS YOU WILL BE FINE : )

P.S I also provided some High Res ICS Wallpapers for download they were pulled directly from ICS 4.0 ROM

ICS Wallpapers

IF YOU LIKE,FEEL FREE TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON! :D

Hello,
    I followed the instructions but lost my browser. I hope you can help

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

sorry, I found the problem. the browser file is corrupt. please upload it again

Thanks for letting me know, Re-Uploaded the file :)

personally I used root browser and pushed the apk to system/app, then downloaded moto home fixer off the market and set home as default. No issues yet

Dude, The browser.apk is shown as 500+ kb in the website. but once I download, the downloaded file is only 0 bytes and it does not work on the phone. Pls mail the browser icon alone. Thanks ,One Love

I use the browser app from rebel ROM....its the same one

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA Premium App. :D. Hit thanks if I surprisingly help you.
    I might have a mirror...possibly a different launcher but identical that I think work for me when I was back on GB and this ROM. Gimme a minute n I'll share a link.
    Heres an .apk: http://db.tt/moiUwA7d
    And/or (recommended) flashable zip: http://db.tt/aQJ2HiFm