Search This thread

Twiisted

Aug 3, 2012
Melbourne, Fl

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Just because a secure boot-compatible segnature is present doesn't mean it will work; there's no way to add your own signing keys to the Surface RT's SB certificate store, so unless your Linux installer is either signed by MS or by another authority that is trusted out of the box, it still won't work.

Also, there's a big difference between recompiling a user-mode application for ARM and recompiling an entire OS. You need a compatible board support package for your processor and hardware. It's possible (and there are already Linux images that run on the Tegra3) but it's not trivial.

Twiisted

Aug 3, 2012
Melbourne, Fl
Just because a secure boot-compatible segnature is present doesn't mean it will work; there's no way to add your own signing keys to the Surface RT's SB certificate store, so unless your Linux installer is either signed by MS or by another authority that is trusted out of the box, it still won't work.

Also, there's a big difference between recompiling a user-mode application for ARM and recompiling an entire OS. You need a compatible board support package for your processor and hardware. It's possible (and there are already Linux images that run on the Tegra3) but it's not trivial.

Way to ruin my dream :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Talderon

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
Ubuntu on Surface :confused: :crying:

Buy a TF300 :D:D:D ;)

I dont see the problem with it tbh. The surface is a genuinely nice piece of hardware, its just some people dont like windows 8.
Now a hackintosh on the surface would be very interesting albeit incredibly unlikely.

I wonder if one of the various android x86 projects would consider a surface pro version.

bountygiver

Dec 9, 2007
Google Pixel 4a
I dont see the problem with it tbh. The surface is a genuinely nice piece of hardware, its just some people dont like windows 8.
Now a hackintosh on the surface would be very interesting albeit incredibly unlikely.

I wonder if one of the various android x86 projects would consider a surface pro version.

I rather wait for windows android to release stable versions. I don't want to reboot and lost true multitasking just to play a mobile game.

Sent from my U9200

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
looks like a fair bit of input latency there, very similar to what I see with remote desktop as opposed to running on the machine. Either that or poor drivers. Either one is possible

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
or the fact ml isn't supposed to run touchscreen so its not optimised....?

kiddomarc

Aug 13, 2005
my surface pro cannot boot from Windows 7 and Linux USBs, it still proceeds to windows 8. (im trying to put windows 7 on it or Linux)

but I can on my Recovery USB. i'm using the down volume method, and tried the advance boot thingy and chose USB method.

So i doubted if my win7 and linux usbs are not bootable, but they both boot well on my other pc.

I also have that EFI boot disabled. im not exactly a noob with tweaks and software installation, i just dont know why my surface pro wont accept those bootable usbs so i can start installing them.

please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Way to ruin my dream :/