[Q] Should I use Greenify?

Search This thread

Gersdf

Apr 13, 2014
I am on stock 4.4.2, rooted. Just want to know should I use Greenify to extend my battery life?

Is KitKat 4.4.2 app-cached mechanism not better than that?:confused:

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
I don't and never have and never had any need to

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Depends on your usage.

Might work for some, not for others.

Install and try for yourself, do some objective testing before and after to see if it makes any difference for you

larscn

Aug 3, 2011
Handy to control apps you don't use regularly from running on the background. Actual effect on battery life. Well don't expect miracles.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
Greenify is the only one from that endless battery safer tools This really has a positive effect. Clear recommendation, even if I do not understand why you needed for a new thread. Such things do you test yourself

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms

firegate22

Apr 11, 2014
Well, don't discuss the battery ;) It's good enough for many but not for everyone. I'll plan to use a recharge pack if I need more battery power. Most of the times I have a bag or something else with me so that I can put a recharger pack into it for the case I run out of battery.

Sure, a better internal battery is better, but I can live with that.

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
Greenify is a great tool to have so that you can have a broad selection of apps on your device without worrying about it weighing down the OS in bloat. Lots of apps unnecessarily start in the background or ask to be notified on state changes or when the device is unlocked, which can lead to sluggishness and/or battery life degradation. For example my banking app does this, and I never need my banking app to run unless I explicitly press on that damn icon. But I don't want to get rid of my banking app due to it's bad behavior, because it's truly a useful app. That is where greenify shines.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

D

Darth

I have a few apps that definitely will hurt the battery if left running...so greenify let's me still have those apps and not worry about them impacting my battery. To me greenify is on my must have list. ?

And to backup another's post, yes...the N5 CAN have battery life that rivals other great battery life phones. I get over 24 hours with 6 plus hours screen time easily. But...its all about how you set up your phone...and how you use it. "Average" battery times are hard to compare, since we all are setup different and do different things with our phones.

But yes, battery life CAN be brilliant.... Or it can be average.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

TheCybertronian

Oct 17, 2013
Haven't had a need for battery savers ever. I just monitor what my system is doing and figure out how to mitigate it without another app to run.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts