[Q] i9300 faulty wifi?

Search This thread

El_Froz

Mar 28, 2013
Hi everybody!

My brother has a problem with wifi signal on his s3. He only gets good signal standing at less than a meter from his home router (the same happens with his work router). If he goes away, say, 5 meters, he totally loses the signal. We compared his phone with my s3 and his wife's s3, and we both get full signal where he gets none at all :(

His phone had samsung stock 4.3 unrooted rom. We tried, without improvements:

1 - Factory reset
2 - Root and changed kernel (yank555)
3 - Full wipe (with TWRP) and installed 4.3 samsung stock rom again through odin (and then root)

Don't know if I'm missing something, or if it might really be a hardware problem. What do you think guys?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

eskorpiao112

Jan 31, 2012
Coimbra
Hi everybody!

My brother has a problem with wifi signal on his s3. He only gets good signal standing at less than a meter from his home router (the same happens with his work router). If he goes away, say, 5 meters, he totally loses the signal. We compared his phone with my s3 and his wife's s3, and we both get full signal where he gets none at all :(

1 - Factory reset
3 - Full wipe (with TWRP) and installed 4.3 samsung stock rom again through odin (and then root)

Don't know if I'm missing something, or if it might really be a hardware problem. What do you think guys?

Thanks in advance!

You should restore the flash count, put it stock again and send to the warranty. Maybe he needs a new wifi module

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: El_Froz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like hardware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Hi everybody!

1 - Factory reset

Thanks in advance!

You should restore the flash count, put it stock again and send to the warranty. Maybe he needs a new wifi module

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk