[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [l900]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Blankrubber

Nov 15, 2010
TN
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.1 JB 4.2.2 [l900] » Feb 15

Just used ES File Explorer to select all my old sdcard data, cut it, and paste it in the new sdcard data location. Worked perfectly, and t'was easy!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

simple man

Dec 25, 2010
Missouri

Can't wait till this rom is more stable. I'm missing the s note feature so as of now I will go back to whompa....

I had Zero stability issues, the only issue I noticed was the in call bluetooth audio quality, and some speaker/sound hiccups, but that's a known issue on all AOSP roms for our device at the moment. This is a very stable, fast, and customizable rom.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro

This is after about 24 hours of uptime with memory cleared for me. Time to restart again. If I leave it I will get down under 100

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361226419083.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361226419083.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 451

VeNuMuS

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles

Something is definitely up mine isn't even close to running out like that and I've used it for about a day and a half. Did you maybe flash a different kernel?

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Also check your cached processes those take up ram also

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Something is definitely up mine isn't even close to running out like that and I've used it for about a day and a half. Did you maybe flash a different kernel?

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Also check your cached processes those take up ram also

No, this happens with every custom kernel on my phone. It's something in the kernel that affects some phones. It's explained in the original post in the Basic Kernel thread. I just don't understand enough about programming to understand. I would still like to find the stock kernel to flash of someone can point me in the right direction

Here is what it says in the Basic Kernel thread

" This kernel include's codeworkx's downgrade to mali r2p4 commit from CM's gerrit.. In this commit codeworkx specifically states that there is a memory leak. Now I will also say this.. This downgrade greatly improves the graphical glitches found in the android 4.2 ROMS, IE no more keyboard funkyness etc... I have yet to see this leak myself and think the trade-off is worth it. If this causes serious issues for people let me know."

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: Blankrubber

spycom773469

Apr 7, 2009

Hey all,
First off, great ROM, smooth and stable
Second, I noticed on the CM 10.1 thread that there was some kind of issue with GPS not tracking. Is this the case here or perhaps all the AOSP ROMs?
I commute by bike and use Endomondo to track my rides. This morning was the first time using my Note to track. It turned my 4 mile ride into a 72 mile rocket ride (20 minutes) :eek:
The same thing happened on the way home, this time tracking 52 miles. The funny thing is that the path on the map is correct.
I've used the Note for navigation while on PA and had no issues, but didn't use Endomondo while on it.
Long story, short. Is this a ROM or app issue? (if anyone knows for sure)

Thanks

Sent from my Note 2

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007

Sweet :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

qngds

Mar 19, 2008
Tampa
I think this is AOSP related. I have same problem on Galaxy S3 with AOSP Roms, I end up having to go back to Touchwiz Roms. I've had same problem with Cardio Trainer, so I know it's not specific to Endomondo.

Hey all,
First off, great ROM, smooth and stable
Second, I noticed on the CM 10.1 thread that there was some kind of issue with GPS not tracking. Is this the case here or perhaps all the AOSP ROMs?
I commute by bike and use Endomondo to track my rides. This morning was the first time using my Note to track. It turned my 4 mile ride into a 72 mile rocket ride (20 minutes) :eek:
The same thing happened on the way home, this time tracking 52 miles. The funny thing is that the path on the map is correct.
I've used the Note for navigation while on PA and had no issues, but didn't use Endomondo while on it.
Long story, short. Is this a ROM or app issue? (if anyone knows for sure)

Thanks

Sent from my Note 2

Reactions: spycom773469

JeremySS

Dec 14, 2010
Indianapolis
ROM is beautiful, quick, and smooth. My only issues this far are:

-BT audio being poor is an understatement
-Pics in email attachments are causing FC but it seems random

That's about it. Otherwise runs wonderfully. Can't wait for a BT fix. I'm willing to put a bounty out for it so I can use my hands free in my car again.

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL

ROM is beautiful, quick, and smooth. My only issues this far are:

-BT audio being poor is an understatement
-Pics in email attachments are causing FC but it seems random

That's about it. Otherwise runs wonderfully. Can't wait for a BT fix. I'm willing to put a bounty out for it so I can use my hands free in my car again.
BT fix will be in next build :)

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007

When I flashed 1.3 it hangs on bootanimation and doesnt go into phone I did a clean install wipe cache dalvic systen and wiped data

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007

Did you download thru gomanager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

There is a reason why GPS and MMS work for some and not others. There has to be a concrete reason. I personally wish that instead of churning out nightly after nightly the devs investigate why so many people are having these two issues.

Oh wait, I forgot, the majority of users don't have these issues.

Anyway, Rooster I'm curious as to how your MMS started working out of the blue. Try to figure out what it is you did that triggered MMS to work. There has to be an actual reason... it wasn't magic.
    Honestly, I'm kinda get tired of you complaining in every single AOSP ROM thread about GPS/MMS not working when it does work fine for the vast majority of users. Yes I understand why you're upset/frustrated but remember XDA is a site for developers first. They are not here to cater everyone and every single user complaint. It also does not help your cause that I have not seen a single logcat from you. Either help solve the issue or stop complaining. Sorry, not sorry. Just my 2 cents.

Adding l900 to jb3 manifest tonight. You guys should have a 4.3 build tomorrow.

Updated 4.2.2 builds posted just now. We had some linaro build issues yesterday and some stuff got built with the google compiler. Today's build is full linaro and contains the new Carbon kernel by morfic and kejar.
    4.4 test build http://d-h.st/pOK Use your 4.4 gapps of choice. Same device specific bugs in sbrissens CM11 or my own PA 4.4 builds are present here also. On initial flash, setup wizard will try and activate your mobile data. Ignore and skip through, your data is actually fine. Enjoy! A new thread will come soon enough :)