***Xperia Miro (Mesona) - ST23i/a Official Firmware Files***

Search This thread

xperia_pro

Dec 2, 2011
cozumel
Great! Have you got any bloatware?

EDIT: Ohh, when I opened ftf 11.0.A.5.8 for ST23i I saw (amss_fsg_VODAFONE.sin.sin) file. Seems this is branded.
Now does anyone have this clean in the PC Companion? Without installing this firmware from my post.

Maybe If I delete that file hmmm....

EDIT1: Guys, take a look at these links:

Vodafone site in spanish - Try to use page translator in Google Chrome.

Latest firmware in Sony's site

So this is surely branded. Maybe vodafone did improve the firmware. But it is branded. I will notice it on my post now.

For st23a isnt branded :)

Sent from my ST23a using xda premium

Buzzbox88

Jun 16, 2013
HELP Update.zip or files to make zip needed for Miro

Hi guys,.

I bricked my phone the same way as Zeehan and have no update.zip to fix it using fasboot and my recovery file doesn't seem to work. i have a rubbish net connection so i cant just download flashtool and the ftf etc. I'm pulling my hair out as the phone is only a few weeks old and i cant find the files anywhere online.. basically i need (as far as i know):

boot.img
recovery.img
sytem.img
userdata.img
splash.img
cache.img

thanks in advance. i cant be using my old xperia x8 anymore XD

Miro st23i - rooted, unlocked bootloader

2010matej

Account currently disabled
Sep 27, 2011
Maribor
www.youtube.com
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi guys,.

I bricked my phone the same way as Zeehan and have no update.zip to fix it using fasboot and my recovery file doesn't seem to work. i have a rubbish net connection so i cant just download flashtool and the ftf etc. I'm pulling my hair out as the phone is only a few weeks old and i cant find the files anywhere online.. basically i need (as far as i know):

boot.img
recovery.img
sytem.img
userdata.img
splash.img
cache.img

You have poor internet... but you still must to download files, u know? !!!

Look what files include stock ftf file:
rqd-2.png
:laugh:

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Hi guys,.

boot.img
recovery.img
sytem.img
userdata.img
splash.img
cache.img

Find some friend to download ftf for ya. :)

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
For st23a isnt branded :)

Oh gosh...:\
It's all messy :\
So you are saying that 5.8 for st23a isn't branded. Have you got any official 5.8 updates via PC Companion when you are on 2.10? - Non branded.

And one more thing - I can't download 5.8 for st23i on yandex. Download doesn't start. Can someone?

xperia_pro

Dec 2, 2011
cozumel
Oh gosh...:\
It's all messy :\
So you are saying that 5.8 for st23a isn't branded. Have you got any official 5.8 updates via PC Companion when you are on 2.10? - Non branded.

And one more thing - I can't download 5.8 for st23i on yandex. Download doesn't start. Can someone?

Ok lets be clear

For ST23A here in Mexico I got the OFFICIAL UPDATE 5.8 via PC companion WITHOUT any brand when I was in 2.10 version WITHOUT any brand too before.
I never got the 5.5 official update, I flashed the O2 version of st23I
a friend said me that the 5.8 version was released via PC companion
so I flashed the 2.10 version without brand of st23a and PC companion showed an update
And now I have the 5.8 version.

And I can download from yandex without problems

Last edited:

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Ok lets be clear

For ST23A here in Mexico I got the OFFICIAL UPDATE 5.8 via PC companion WITHOUT any brand when I was in 2.10 version WITHOUT any brand too before.
I never got the 5.5 official update, I flashed the O2 version of st23I
a friend said me that the 5.8 version was released via PC companion
so I flashed the 2.10 version without brand of st23a and PC companion showed an update
And now I have the 5.8 version.

And I can download from yandex without problems

Great dude!
1. So can somebody confirm we have here non-branded st23a 5.8??? Or can you upload yours?
2. I know we surely have here branded 5.8 st23i. There is vodafone name in ftf files. Can somebody upload non branded 5.8. for st23i? Nothing here yet (See my nick).

Buzzbox88

Jun 16, 2013
Sorry for the late reply. Ran out of net.

So here's the deal. I managed to get hold of the ftf. One from this thread. And one generic. I have flashed, first the one from here and then the generic one.. they both hang on the Sony logo and do not much more. I tried flashing FXP boot.img and I can get it into cwm recovery and flash cm10 onto it (no errors) but it still hangs on the free xperia logo after wiping. So I'm not sure where to go from here.

If it helps. It says something like E: can't retrieve / open recovery log when start up cwm. And in fastboot I can't wipe or flash to recovery. (Possibly a prob with my .img.

I did the defeated thing and took it to the shop and they want to send it away but I will have to pay once they work out ts my error, so I still have it dead battery and all. If someone can help I will be forever In debt. :(

Sent from my E15i using xda premium

Last edited:

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
@preseaos I don't know, try to google. Is there Sony PC Companion on Mac? And flashtool on Mac? If there is install both and flash, that's it.
We don't have 5.8 unbranded as for now.

preseaos

Dec 20, 2012
tijuana
www.facebook.com
thanks

@preseaos I don't know, try to google. Is there Sony PC Companion on Mac? And flashtool on Mac? If there is install both and flash, that's it.
We don't have 5.8 unbranded as for now.

insted of sony pc companion theres sony bridge for mac. theres also a flash tool for mac in the official page, but in the folder of drivers of flash tools theres nothing, neither on the sony bridge folders. i will search at google for them. thanks!!

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
insted of sony pc companion theres sony bridge for mac. theres also a flash tool for mac in the official page, but in the folder of drivers of flash tools theres nothing, neither on the sony bridge folders. i will search at google for them. thanks!!

You don't need those specific drivers if you have Sony PC Companion (ok bridge) installed. Just flash!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***Xperia Miro (Mesona) - ST23i/a Official Firmware Files***

So, these are official Sony's firmware files for Xperia Miro. This is Sony's factory rom. These can be useful to unbrick your phone, return to stock, cook roms, update firmware, debrand your phone...and so on :D
    These firmwares are generic. That means they are global - international - anyone from any country could flash them :D

Please remember that there is small chance of bricking your device - Flashing your mobile phone is fully on your own risk and I do not take responsibility for anything happened!

FAQ​
    - Are these rooted? - No and these are not modded at all I haven't touched a thing (Sony original).
    - Can I flash this on another phone that is similar to Miro? - No!
    - Can I flash this on SIM-Locked phone. - Yes.
    - Can I flash this on both Locked/Unlocked bootloaders. - Yes.
    - Will this change bootloader or SIM Lock status. - No.

How to install firmware​
    - Do not plug your phone to computer and charge it to 100%!
    - Go to settings and enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources.

1. Download ftf from post above depending on model.
    2. Install latest Sony PC Companion (needed for drivers).
    3. Install latest Flashtool.
    4. Go to (C://flashtool/drivers) and install driver file.
    5. Copy ftf to (C://flashtool/firmwares).
    6. Open Flashtool.
    7. Click on big lightning button.
    8. Choose flashmode.
    9. Choose correct ftf (left side), do not touch anything else and click ok.
    10. Wait.
    11. Image will show up on your computer - Turn off your phone.
    12. Plug it in USB while holding vol- button (hold vol- until blue LED light blinks).
    13. Wait.
    14. When flashing finished text appears unplug your phone and turn it on.
    - It may take a while to turn on (Don't panic).

Android 4.0.4 - Ice Cream Sandwich

Differences between ST23a and ST23i are different 3G frequencies. ST23a are phones usually bought in American Continent (I think north of America).
    And ST23i is usually bought in Europe and other parts of the world. It is reported that if you flash one version on another everything will work.

EDIT: I stopped supporting this thread and deleted all Xperia Miro files from my HDD. I uploaded all files here one last time if they are useful to someone.

ST23i

Firmware files

ROOT and Clockworkmod

Extras:

How gain superuser access (How to root your phone)​
    - Works for both bootloaders.
    - Enable USB Debugging and Unknown sources.
    - Must have PC Companion installed for drivers (if does not work try with C://flashtool/drivers).

1. You must be on 11.0.A.2.10 firmware.
    2. Download ROOT for 11.0.A.2.10
    - 1 Plug your phone
    - 2 Open it
    - 3 Choose Option 1
    3. Download ROOT 2.10 to 5.5. (If you did not unlock your bootloader then simply accept OTA update).
    4. Install Clockworkmod for 5.5.

FW (LINKS UPDATED)

ST23i - 11.0.A.5.5 - CLICK HERE (putlocker) / HOTFILE / BAYFILE / TURBOBIT.NET / DIRECT DOWNLOAD

ST23a - 11.0.A.2.10 - PUTLOCKER / BAYFILE / TURBOBIT / DIRECT DOWNLOAD
    any mirrors or compressed files?

No, I have very very slow net :(
    But I will change hoster for sure. And I can not compress this important files.

And please do not mirror my links...

Can sme1 re-upload both firmware on mediafire please...

Thanks in advance.;)

Yes, I will. But I am very busy right now...

Can anyone please write steps i need to do in order to get from CM FXP211 to the stock ...5.5 version?

1. Flash this using flashtool.
    2. Done :)

can I just restore stock ROM with PC Companion? Without Flashtool? Because I never successfully did that with Flashtool... It said you don't have the driver installed bla bla bla... Please help me, thanks...

1. If you have installed MIUI, CM10, or other ROM that include flashing boot.img using flashtool and unlocking the bootloader. No.
    2. If you have installed some variant of Stock rom (that works for both locked/unlocked bootloaders) - Example: Gimlo Yes :D

But to fix your drivers problem do this:
    1. Install PC Companion
    2. Go to C://flashtool/drivers and install that.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Now it is ok.

Now you have that 3 files? :( i have st23a but i dont want to repair with pc companion :/ i have a lot of apps and settings i dont want to loose all :/

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium

I don't have them. Nobody sent me and it would be very helpful for developers on this forum.

Are you rooted? If you are you can use backup program from Google Play to back up your files, contacts, settings and so...But you must be rooted before and after...
    Re: Xperia Miro (Mesona) - ST23i Official Firmware List

No, I have very very slow net :(
    But I will change hoster for sure. And I can not compress this important files.

And please do not mirror my links...

Yes, I will. But I am very busy right now...

1. Flash this using flashtool.
    2. Done :)

1. If you have installed MIUI, CM10, or other ROM that include flashing boot.img using flashtool and unlocking the bootloader. No.
    2. If you have installed some variant of Stock rom (that works for both locked/unlocked bootloaders) - Example: Gimlo Yes :D

But to fix your drivers problem do this:
    1. Install PC Companion
    2. Go to C://flashtool/drivers and install that.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Now it is ok.

I don't have them. Nobody sent me and it would be very helpful for developers on this forum.

Are you rooted? If you are you can use backup program from Google Play to back up your files, contacts, settings and so...But you must be rooted before and after...

I know! i will use cwm and titanium backup! yes thanks!, and yes i have root :)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium