[Q] PhilZ recovery wont factory reset

Search This thread

Chiups

Dec 5, 2008
Miami
Hello everyone.

Im trying to factory reset my MDK Verizon S4 coming from Hyperdrive 16. Every time i try to factory reset my phone reboots back into the rom. I'm able to wipe cache from the recovery. But it just reboots every time i try to wipe data and factory reset. Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Hello everyone.

Im trying to factory reset my MDK Verizon S4 coming from Hyperdrive 16. Every time i try to factory reset my phone reboots back into the rom. I'm able to wipe cache from the recovery. But it just reboots every time i try to wipe data and factory reset. Anyone have experience with this?

Have you tried updating to Philz latest? I have no problems at all with that one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Thats the first thing I tried. Unfortunately yielded the same results. Thank you for the suggestion. I hope that I don't ahve to ODIN back to stock.

You're saying your phone reboots even when you're trying this from within Phil right? Not just the option from within the ROM....

If it doesn't get any better you may just want to use the No Wipe Odin file. Something could have gotten corrupt or something along the way.

Another thing to try maybe is flash the latest TWRP using Flashify and see if that let's you do it..

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
ok just hitting factory reset inside of Philz will of course just reset your operating system that is on there, which will be Hyper 16. If doing a factory reset to install a new ROM within Philz it will wipe everything out of there including the backup TW (HD16) makes of itself. my understanding is TW makes a copy of itself on install so when it does factory reset it reverts back to that.

Chiups

Dec 5, 2008
Miami
You're saying your phone reboots even when you're trying this from within Phil right? Not just the option from within the ROM....

If it doesn't get any better you may just want to use the No Wipe Odin file. Something could have gotten corrupt or something along the way.

Another thing to try maybe is flash the latest TWRP using Flashify and see if that let's you do it..

Exactly that, I hit Wipe/Factory Reset. It starts attempts to start the process, freezes then reboots back into the ROM. Ill probably just do the no wipe Odin file. Thanks

ebsk8er06

Sep 26, 2013
Exactly that, I hit Wipe/Factory Reset. It starts attempts to start the process, freezes then reboots back into the ROM. Ill probably just do the no wipe Odin file. Thanks
Hit wipe to install new rom in Philz

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Hit wipe to install new rom in Philz
If that don't work click mount and storage in Philz, wipe system , data, then go back to main screen wipe catche go to advanced wipe dalvik abs your good to go

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Just don't forget to install a new rom