[ROM] CyanogenMod-5: Kang Central Station (STABLE) [06/19/2010 / 5.0.8]

Search This thread

cadavg

Feb 5, 2010
Very grateful for your post complaining about because I would not have known about it otherwise. Awesome wallpaper!

distortedloop

Feb 14, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I totally agree... its just there, no need to use it.

Maybe he doesn't want his wife finding it by mistake? LOL

I agree though, just don't use it...half those wallpapers, actually make it all but two don't interest me.

I happen to be using the #BOOBS one, btw. :D

On the other hand, if he really can't stand having it there, he ought to be able to just delete with Astro or adb, right? I poked around in the file system a bit, but couldn't find the actual location of the files, but I didn't look very hard.

Fot those using it, did you happen to notice that they're all the same girl, just with different hair and poses? I was too busy drooling to myself, a female friend had to point it out. I guess I never actually got above the neckline. LOL.

rjhay22

Dec 16, 2009
Torrance. California
LOL I feel you, I did notice the laides had identical size and symetry, just didn't think they were the same girl. Perv! Jk.

I agree though, just don't use it...half those wallpapers, actually make it all but two don't interest me.

I happen to be using the #BOOBS one, btw. :D

On the other hand, if he really can't stand having it there, he ought to be able to just delete with Astro or adb, right? I poked around in the file system a bit, but couldn't find the actual location of the files, but I didn't look very hard.

Fot those using it, did you happen to notice that they're all the same girl, just with different hair and poses? I was too busy drooling to myself, a female friend had to point it out. I guess I never actually got above the neckline. LOL.

Prime61071

Feb 25, 2010
That's kinda good news that it's not just me (I say kinda 'cause it means that it's actually a bug...) if the notifications behave in test 2, do report back! ;)

Having exactly the same problem on my handset running 5.0.4.1. In fact, putting the phone onto the dock and then trying to set a ringtone on Gmail while still docked will cause the lockup and force close issue. I've tried unchecking the setting to use the dock for audio and it's made no difference.

distortedloop

Feb 14, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
i can confirm reproducing this with using the taskiller app. my question is this... is it possible that this isnt a bug at all but a problem with the app? maybe how the app actually kills the process? i tried to get the music to start playing with the same method above only instead of using taskiller, i used the phones own task manager(found in settings, applications, running services). the music would not start playing back by itself after 15 tries in a row. BUT, i did notice something each and every time. after each time i killed the process, i yanked my headphones out of the jack. as soon as i pulled them out, the music process music(media playback services) would start up again. no music would play, but it would start back up. if i didnt pull out the headphones, the music services wouldnt start. and if i killed it after it restarted it wouldnt reappear. cm 5.0.4

It's not just killing it with a task killer. i was just using task killer as a quick way to get Music to load up in a "virgin state" so to speak, since the issue also happens if you reboot the phone and the Music app hasn't been opened to actually play something. Verified that this morning getting into the car...Music started playing after disconnecting from Bluetooth playing of BeyondPod, even though I'd never opened Music since a fresh boot this morning.

I suppose Music is just auto-loaded by the system so it's ready and waiting to go should you happen to want it? I have a lot of apps that show as running in task managers that I've never opened since a fresh boot.

P.S. - part of the problem with this one is everyone's having a slightly different method to reproduce it. I couldn't reproduce it with the method the original guy said to try, but found my own 100% reproducible method. I also never had the startup music playing on bluetooth disconnect, and couldn't reproduce it at all, but now two days in a row, disconnect from the car in the morning when I got to the office, and music starts playing. Odd.

Last edited:

zidane

Oct 18, 2007
at CYAN:
next ROM build feature requests:
1. would it be possible to have the notification setting with the LED(trackball) in emails, gtalk just as there is with the SMS now?
2. would it be possible to modify stock keyboard so that there would be a way to go to next line (i.e. enter) in the messaging app? for example currently, double space would put a full stop, can it be tweaked so say triple tap would go to next line?
3. trackball colors would show in succession if there are multiple notifications

Thanks in advance

alishankiti

May 3, 2007
Disable HIMEM

Is there a way to disable himem in this ROM in order to save battery? My battery life is short and I am a heavy user. Stock ROM used to last me till 9pm, but since I moved from it, I can't last till 3pm.
I don't need himem as I don't have many apps running.
Thanks

j2eubank

Jan 4, 2010
Houston
at CYAN:
next ROM build feature requests:
1. would it be possible to have the notification setting with the LED(trackball) in emails, gtalk just as there is with the SMS now?
2. would it be possible to modify stock keyboard so that there would be a way to go to next line (i.e. enter) in the messaging app? for example currently, double space would put a full stop, can it be tweaked so say triple tap would go to next line?
3. trackball colors would show in succession if there are multiple notifications

Thanks in advance

4. MAWR #BOOBS

kthxbai

markimar

Apr 18, 2009
Why is the desire rom so much faster than standard cm builds?
The browser is wickedly fast! And the overall rom just feels so much faster, I don't understand why there is such a speed difference.

rheza02

May 20, 2006
The browser is wickedly fast! And the overall rom just feels so much faster, I don't understand why there is such a speed difference.

+1
this is true, i already asking cyanogen about it in twitter, he didn't reply.
the desire rom with sense UI more faster than stock 2.1 with default UI.
how can that be ?, sense ui take more resources but more faster.

tonyx3

Jan 27, 2010

I think the system wallpapers are actually stored inside Launcher2.apk.

timal

Dec 24, 2008
+1

That is a Great question. I am a Cyanogen only rom user. I haven't tried the desire rom yet. I would like to know this also. Just makes you go :confused:.

rjhay22

Dec 16, 2009
Torrance. California
Ok I am curious what Desire ROM you guys are using? King or Modaco? and in what aspects is it faster than the N1? I dont see a difference on browser speed.

+1

Kermee

Sep 1, 2009
Does anyone know where the "default" OpenVPN configuration lives?

I need to change the 'cipher' type from BF-CBC to AES-128-CBC.

Cheers,
Kermee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.1 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Now available from CM Updater!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a pure, working AOSP build which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

* Can be used with or without Google applications
    * Kernel 2.6.34 with Pershoot's tweaks
    * ADWLauncher is the default launcher!
    * Complete music app overhaul by Eliot Stocker
    * Clean shutdown/startup system
    * New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)
    * Built in USB & Bluetooth tethering
    * Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
    * ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
    * Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
    * FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
    * Phone enhancements from Cytown
    * Contacts enhancements from Wysie
    * MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
    * Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
    * DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option :)
    * Massive APN list
    * Huge collection of ringtones and audio
    * Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and me
    * All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
    * 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
    * Full color trackball notifications (from Google)
    * OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
    * Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
    * Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
    * See the full CHANGELOG for all credits and details

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM to your Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery or Amon_RA's recovery image
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

CyanogenMod Nexus One FAQ: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Nexus_One_FAQ

Latest version: 5.0.8-N1 - 06/19/2010
    Download: http://cyanogen-updater.googlecode.com/files/update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed.zip
    Download: http://android.chemlab.org/android/nexus/update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 70aa95ee1b22101901cd75e9bc6e92ba

Google Addon: EPF30
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mjzwozjojkh

Radio Firmware: FRF50 (FROYO RADIO, REQUIRED!)
    Download: http://android.chemlab.org/android/nexus/radio-4.06.00.12_7.img
    MD5Sum: 3321c196d8ec1cf748fd20c3c4068520

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    Handcent force closes too -.-
    Edit // I also cant call someone. Force close
    Edit // Pocket Empires doesnt get internet connection anymore

Make sure you don't have the Froyo radio
    Wipe data, cache, dalvik-cache
    Reinstall 5.0.7 with the shipping kernel
    Try calling someone
    Download Handcent from market (don't restore)

I think you'll be okay.
    Anyone having problem with titanium backup using cm 5.0.8? It just hang at "searching application data "
    Anyone having problem with titanium backup using cm 5.0.8? It just hang at "searching application data "

Seems to be a problem with Titanium, not CM. Uninstall it, reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reinstall. Fixed it for me.