Need Mac Beta Testers: Interface for Pushing Files

Search This thread

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
Hello,

I need beta testers running Mac OS X to test a new application.

This application is for people who are either uncomfortable or unwilling to use Terminal and ./adb for pushing files to their device.

This first beta version is just to test how it works on different computers. It pushes the file to the sdcard of the phone using ./adb. The only input needed from the user is to select the file.
Later releases will let the user choose which folder on the device to copy to, but the next release will probably just involve pushing .apk to the /system/app folder.

Please let me know the results.

http://derekcwilkinson.com/PushFile.zip

Beta 2:
http://derekcwilkinson.com/Push_File_Beta_2.zip

Change Log:
Added option to choose the location that the file is to be pushed to.
Added Recovery application
Added Reboot application.

Planned Updates:
Pull File - Ready
Device Backup - PM me if you know a good way to backup with ./adb (mine is taking too long)
Device Backup w/SD - PM me if you know a good way to backup with ./adb (mine is taking too long)
Install .apk - testing
Uninstall .apk - testing
Restore Backup - going to take awhile (need to get device backup working first)
Restore Backup w/SD - going to take awhile (need to get device backup working first)
Flash ROM - testing

Last edited:

rainbow2112

Feb 20, 2010
Rome
www.smartphone-magazine.com
Ah, you're using a different language. That could be the problem. Is the folder path still /Documents/Android/SDK/tools on your computer?
Also, when you run it in Automator, where does the error occur?

The folder path in my iMac is /Users/Rainbow/Documents/Android/SDK/tools

the error occur after a few seconds after click OK after choosing the file to be sent to MemoryCard

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
Okay, if it doesn't occur until then, that means it sees the device and android SDK. Is the SD card mounted on the computer? are you copying to /sdcard/ as the file path?

gehlersjr

Jul 4, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Sick of windows..

I am so sick of using a windows computer to do anything on my Hero so as soon as I get home tomorrow I will be trying this out on my system. SL 10.6.4 and I will be so happy to do it..

cloudstrife7

Apr 15, 2009
404 File not found. I'd love to help test this - can someone please re-upload the zip?

Edited 1/16/11
I'm using root explorer so this isn't really necessary for me anymore.

Last edited:

usn.mustanger

Jul 22, 2010
404 File not found. I'd love to help test this - can someone please re-upload the zip?

Edited 1/16/11
I'm using root explorer so this isn't really necessary for me anymore.
I'm a bit confused--PushFile is for pushing files from your Mac to phone (in other words, a computer-side application), while Root Explorer is a file manager for the phone (a phone side app), that, unless I've missed something, does not replicate the functionality that PushFile attempted to provide. Am I missing some cool new feature of Root Explorer that lets you easily transfer files from your Mac to your phone?