I'm using HTC HERO, Orange based rom 2.73.61.5
I tried to install custom rom via sd card update.zip way
but after verifying update package it showing
NO SIGNATURE (785 files)
VERIFICATION FAILED
INSTALLATION ABORTED

Can anybody help me please...

That rom isn't signed.

You need to testsign this first. Or... Did you not install patched recovery?

mercuryblue

Apr 17, 2010
hello

what i have done is ...
1) installed INSTAROOT
2) Installed ASTRO File manager
3) Copied FLASHREC.apk and recovery-RA-herov1.5.2.img to SD card from PC
4) Installed FLASAHREC via ASTRO File manager
5) Backup and Restore it with recovery-RA-herov1.5.2.img
6) Copied Villian12 to SD Card
7) Went to Root Boot by holding HOME and POWER button
8) WIPE the DATA, DIVCACHE, BATTERY and all things except SD CARD coz couldnt able to do it..it was showing to wipe via adb..ya i have done partition too
9) FLASH UP WITH ZIP UPDATE
10) it started but end up with No Signature (785 files)
INSTALLATION ABORTED

:( :( :(

erasmux

Retired Recognized Developer
May 22, 2010
Custom ROMs (such as VR12 for example) should not fail verification. If they do the file is corrupt. You need to redownload it and then retry (just the part of putting it on the SD card and flashing it from the recovery).

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Ok. Sounds like recovery is not patched maybe?

Install amonra 1.6.2 and be sure recovery says its version at bottom of screen in recovery

mercuryblue

Apr 17, 2010
Hi friend

Hello

New way---what i have done is...
1) downgrade it to RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver via GOLDCARD method

Now can you tell me what to do to install the custom rom. Do I need to root it first? If yes then please suggest me the way. I'm sorry for disturbing you now n then but bro i'm completely new to this...kindly help me out.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Hello

New way---what i have done is...
1) downgrade it to RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver via GOLDCARD method

Now can you tell me what to do to install the custom rom. Do I need to root it first? If yes then please suggest me the way. I'm sorry for disturbing you now n then but bro i'm completely new to this...kindly help me out.

Follow steps 1 to 10 of this guide, and then 11: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=4956#p4956

Then follow section 2 to install your custom rom. Be aware that the link in the guide points to an old version of villainrom, but you can just use a newer rom exactly the same like vr12 or something :)

mercuryblue

Apr 17, 2010
Thanks a ton friends

Yuppiieeee..I'm on Villain 12 now...thank you all...CHEERS...
now i've downloaded latest Radio (update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14-signed.zip)
moved it to SD root
have done flash zip from sdcard
it started nicely but after auto restart now the screen is stucked up with "FORMATTING CACHE..."
what should i do now?

Gill

Oct 31, 2004
3 UK & androd 2.1 update - Help please

Please can someone please help.
I have an unlocked Orange HTC Hero, and someone loaded a 3 UK Rom Android 1.5, from the web forums, which is supposed to be the same as an Offical one from 3. I'm

not sure if they used "update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-signed.zip" or update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-rooted-signed.zip. Does it matter?

I now get the 3 UK OTA update to android 2.1, I want to use this and keep all the 3 stuff, but when I try to install, I get the following;

Build : RA-hero-v1.5.2
Finding update package …
Opening update package …
Verifying update package …
E:No signature (660 files)
E:Verification failed
Installation aborted.

What am I doing wrong? I'm really very new to all this.

Thank you.

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
I am confused myself, why on earth would you want to use a 3 UK ROM on an Orange network? If anything you wanna be using a WWE ROM...

Gill

Oct 31, 2004
I'm on the 3 Network (not Orange). Only the handset is an unlocked Orange handset. Any ideas please?

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
I'm on the 3 Network (not Orange). Only the handset is an unlocked Orange handset. Any ideas please?

oh right, sorry. Your using a generic ROM there for the one you want to update but on the phone is a 3 ROM. If you wipe it you will loose everything on the phone.

Your gettin verification failed because they are different. 3 ROM on the phone and generic WWE rom what your trying to put on it. You will need to use a 3 UK 2.xx.xx.xx rom first.

Gill

Oct 31, 2004
The Original Rom was of course Orange.
Now I'm not sure if I have "update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-signed.zip" or update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-rooted-signed.zip on the phone right now, from the forums. It's one of them.

The OTA update for 2.1 fails to install - I get the following;

Build : RA-hero-v1.5.2
Finding update package …
Opening update package …
Verifying update package …
E:No signature (660 files)
E:Verification failed
Installation aborted.

Thanks,

Gill

Oct 31, 2004
I want the OTA 2.1 upgrade from 3 Network UK to install, But I get the error already mentioned.

I have an unlocked Orange HTC Hero, and a 3 UK Rom Android 1.5, from the web forums, which is supposed to be the same as an Offical one from 3 Network. I'm not sure if they used "update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-signed.zip" or update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-rooted-signed.zip.

Gill

Oct 31, 2004
Thanks for trying to help me andrewb84uk. Any ideas please or do you need some more info first.
Thanks,

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
Thanks for trying to help me andrewb84uk. Any ideas please or do you need some more info first.
Thanks,

ah, then in that case you will need to try a restore on your rom you have loaded, I get what you mean now. Try a restore/erase phone from the settings menu first, then try the OTA again. You will loose any content on the phone.

Gill

Oct 31, 2004
If I restore/erase, what Rom will then be on the phone. Wouldn't it then be blank, or would the old Orange come back. How would I get the 3 Rom back on the phone. I'm really confused.

Gill

Oct 31, 2004
If I restore/erase, what Rom will then be on the phone. Wouldn't it then be blank, or would the old Orange come back. How would I get the 3 Rom back on the phone. I'm really confused.

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK

It will restore the ROM loaded but back to default as in what ROM is loaded now but with default settings. It has the 3 ROM on the phone now doesn't it?... Or does it have the Orange ROM on it?

Yes, you are confused. I can tell because you are confusing me too. :D