[DISCUSSION] CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Builds

Search This thread

Dec 6, 2011
Though there is the option of themes in settings it displays only one theme( default )
How can I get more themes?

Galaid

Sep 1, 2010
Why was LMK (Low Memory Killer) settings disabled in CM9 nightlies after it was initially available in alpha's?

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
CM9

it started two days ago...after i started getting a PHONE STORAGE GETTING LOW message...then the phone started freezing and i havent been able to use it at all since then because it hardly works for 5 minutes :(

I've never used CM9, but if you have these settings, Rom Control>Performance>Free memory, set it to 75 or 100mg. Then in Developer Options>Backgound Processes limit>set it to two or three processes. This is a good work around for having a lot of apps in ICS on a Galaxy S. If CM9 doesn't have those exact settings, there is probably something similar in there somewhere.

Reactions: NOFATCHX

sgabytzu

Oct 3, 2011
I have problems with the gps. It never lock. I've used Gps Aids Donate but no luck. Any suggestions? i`m on 0529 nightly, stock.

Last edited:

jakeinator21

Dec 14, 2011
I just loaded the nightly from 5/27. For the most part everything seems to be great except for the already known issues. The other issue I am having is with vibration mode. I read on this thread for a bit and didn't find anyone else having the same problem. When my phone is in vibrate mode it doesn't vibrate for text messages. However it DOES vibrate for calls, Facebook notifications, gmail and other such notifications. When sound is on I have no problems. I previously had my phone running ics passion, and I thought flashing cm9 would solve the problem, but it is persisting. Is anyone else having this issue and are there any known fixes?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

NOFATCHX

May 29, 2012
do one thing.. take back of SD card Format and do factory reset and Flash any GB ROM thru ODIN after wiping any thing...
Once you found every thing normal you can jump back to CM9 any time....
again Wipe every thing/ format SD after taking backup and remove battery.. put back again ..
goto download mode and flash GB ROM ..
i prefer go here download Darky's Resurrection GB ROM...
lemme knw if u have any issues..

I flashed darkys rom and its working fine..but when i flash cm9 nightly...it again starts freezing! why is it freezing with cm9 nightly when it doesnt do that with darkys rom :S

Bork84

Mar 1, 2011
Hey all... I have a weird problem and i cant figure it out...

I want to make the notification light work just for specific application (whatsup, SMS and missed calls), I want only those appsto be linked to the notification lights.

so.. I went to the notification lights settings and set it to use custom values and added the apps I wanted , but when ever I get an email the notification lights light up, Im using the Gmail app for email, so I told myself maybe there is something in the settings of the Gmail app, but I didnt found anything.

And the strangest thing happened when I decided to disable the notification lights at all, when ever I got an email they light up again.
its been like that for a couple of nightlys and i cant figure it out.

Is it just me? help anyone... :)

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
CM9

I want to make the notification light work just for specific application (whatsup, SMS and missed calls), I want only those appsto be linked to the notification lights.

so.. I went to the notification lights settings and set it to use custom values and added the apps I wanted , but when ever I get an email the notification lights light up, Im using the Gmail app for email, so I told myself maybe there is something in the settings of the Gmail app, but I didnt found anything.

And the strangest thing happened when I decided to disable the notification lights at all, when ever I got an email they light up again.

If no one can figure this out for you, consider a switch to NoLed in the Market. It has a lot of options for notifications using the screen instead of the hard key buttons.

elettronik

Jan 30, 2012
Oderzo
For some day until now, I got reboot trying to use random app, the after reboot the phone stay like 30-40 on galaxy-s cyanogen logo, then start boot animation for 1-2 min until fully boot. The only mod I made is to set Max CPU frequency to 800 MHz with Nstools. Some hint to resolve this?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2

sk4c

Sep 14, 2011
paris
hi,

no upload for the update-cm-9-20120530-NIGHTLY-galaxys2-signed.zip this day ? :)

(sorry for my bad english)

oliva94

Nov 29, 2011

It is because you have BLN and the settings only work for cmled.
Have you even noticed the color setting?
How could this device do that?
Try the BLN control app: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=neldar.bln.control.free

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

hi,

no upload for the update-cm-9-20120530-NIGHTLY-galaxys2-signed.zip this day ? :)

(sorry for my bad english)

see for yourself:
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2

But did you not mean to post this in the Galaxy S II forums?

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I just loaded the nightly from 5/27. For the most part everything seems to be great except for the already known issues. The other issue I am having is with vibration mode. I read on this thread for a bit and didn't find anyone else having the same problem. When my phone is in vibrate mode it doesn't vibrate for text messages. However it DOES vibrate for calls, Facebook notifications, gmail and other such notifications. When sound is on I have no problems. I previously had my phone running ics passion, and I thought flashing cm9 would solve the problem, but it is persisting. Is anyone else having this issue and are there any known fixes?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Have you tried tweaking the vibration settings in the messaging app (under menu button > Settings > Notifications)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Hey guys, this is a Discussion Thread for CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Builds​

Only Discuss what is necessary. If there is bugs, post it here. http://goo.gl/R8pWN

Nightlys - http://get.cm/?device=galaxysmtd

Google Apps - http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

So noobs, start your questions here...

Have a good day posting!

Frequently Asked Question for Builds

For more FAQs, please go to THS's wiki for more info, http://goo.gl/xnJlR

Q. Where can i get modded Battery Mods and such?
    A. Here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1107201.

Q. How can i get voodoo color working?
    A. CM9 uses CM Color or so sort called "Nexus S Colors".

Q. Can i install Thunderbolt or SuperCharger or any init.d scripts?
    A. Official CM Kernel doesnt supports for init.d.

Q. What is the best freq for performance and battery?
    A. There is no overclocking or frequency in stock kernel, so please head over to below to see what custom kernels are available.

Q. Im having Google Apps fc (Force Close), what is wrong here?
    A. I recommend to a wipe factory reset, it happens to me once... Do this,

1. Make a NAND Backup
    2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3. Flash Build XX and Gapps vX.X
    3b. Flash Face Unlock if necessary
    4. Restore Data

Why my external sd is not reading?

Is not a bug nor a hardware error, your external sd card is now called "emmc"

Why my Music/Photos are not synced?

Try clearing those apks data by doing this:

-Settings > Manage Apps > Gallery > Clear Data

-Settings > Manage Apps > Music > Clear Data

-Dev Tools > Media Scanner > Scan

If Gallery is still not synced, i recommend you using QuickPic.

I cant flash this rom?!?!? Its keep showing (status0)

Have you tried wiping data/factory reset? It's a must when you from other rom...

Still error? Flash other kernels with recovery and boot into recovery (power + vol up) and flash cm9 right away...

Can i flash other modems?

Yes.

Where can i find themes?

Is there any custom kernels can i use?

Yes.
    Chrome running on CM9 build 16

Hi!

As I said on the development thread, I managed to get Chrome running on THS's CM9 build 16. The issue is that on the build.prop (located in /system), the device is declared as running under Gingerbread:

Code:
    ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD

That needs to be changed into:

Code:
    ro.build.id=IML74K

Also, you may notice that the description+fingerprint say:

Code:
    ro.build.description=GT-I9000-user 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD XXJVT release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I9000/GT-I9000:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/XXJVT:user/release-keys

So just to be sure, we're gonna change that to:

(EDIT: This step is NOT mandatory, you can stop at the first step if you want to, it works fine, as I said, this one is "just to be sure".)

Code:
    ro.build.description=soju-user 4.0.3 IML74K 239410 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:4.0.3/IML74K/239410:user/release-keys

Now your CM9'ed Galaxy S will be recognized by the Market/apps as a Nexus S running Android 4.0.3.

That should fix the issue.

ChromeUpdate.png

If you don't want to go and edit your build.prop, I've attached a zip file containing the right build.prop.

Please note that it is NOT a flashable zip, just open it and EXTRACT the build.prop file.

All you will need is to copy the build.prop file using a root-enabled file explorer to /system and replace your old build.prop (you can do a backup of that file if you want).
    Reboot, and install/launch Google Chrome Beta.

This shouldn't break you device or anything, as you can see on the screenshot, it works just fine, but you should always do backups, always, it costs nothing but SDcard space and time.

That's all, enjoy!
    I got to say (and ask for) one thing.

Despite its good as hell, I have very annoying situation:
    I've compared android to ios and found one thing that I think android is less good then ios;
    while comparing battery drain I saw the follow:
    On idle in most cases, android takes the ios without looking back. (due to all the implementation I guess).
    BUT while screen is on, the ios its way more battery.
    My friend can surf the browserk mostly eBay) for more then 15 -20 min, And stay on the same percentage. While in my case (both on stock Sammy, or cm based) I get 3-5min/% top.

E.g. Right now, while writing those lines I lost 5%....

important to say that I've compared between my phone with new battery (less then a month) and iphone 4 with hacked ios5 .
    Both on the same carrier, same usage, same place. Same apps.

Now I don't know what is the reason for this, but its damn frustrating...

I know people can get 2 days or more with sgs...
    but I don't have 2g, and I use lots apps like whatsapp, fb messenger, Skype, and so...
    All I can get is 12-16 hours.
    Damn on idle with no 3g I got 19 hours with no usage at all...

Am I doing something wrong?
    Can someone give me the explanation for this "thing", or a way to fix it?

Right guys, sorry for the long post. It was Australia Day here yesterday and I'm into my fourth beer trying to get to the elusive "hair of the dog"

If you lost 5% in the time it took you to write half a post, then you either have your screen brightness up too high or some app/apps are nailing your battery.

PRT I know you've been around the traps so a little research on this site should see you in good stead to increase that life.

I know the shame around using Juice Defender (if you keep turning the screen on, it wastes battery reconnecting all the time) but I swear it's allowed my phone to go up to 1.5 days usage with "normal" use. I don't need to know RIGHT THAT MINUTE that someone responded to my Tweet...but after 15 minutes or half an hour that's fine. Also, if you go pro you can use "quiet hours" (although that's not what it's called) so you don't need to get the email at 4am. I know I'm not going to read it so why bother sending it to me until later?

I also know that there is a debunking of the "battery calibration myth" going around but I have to say: Placebo or not, if you flash a new ROM on 50% battery it takes a few cycles to stretch it's arms and yawn....the battery life in this period blows and I don't mean like the wind. After a few charge/discharge cycles the battery life improves so...bring me my placebo pills and let me sit on that rocker over there....sorry rschenck was that yours? I'll just borrow it for a while old timer.

What I meant to say there is - it's your phone, if you wanna mess about with the batterstats.bin file with some app that hopefully isn't market malware then go ahead.

Now to the topic at hand:

Firstly, you are comparing our still developing and much loved Android to IOS. For a start, I'd call you a traitor...except I know you're an Android lover from way back. But secondly I ask why not to a WP7 phone as well?

But to your point about IOS and battery life:

IOS is optimised PROPERLY for the small number of unique devices that Apple has on the market. Think about it - they only need to upgrade and tweak their code for the following: Iphone (3 generations), ipad (2 generations), Ipod Touch (3 generations I think), other ipod classed devices that use IOS (2 generations of the new-ish Nano from memory).

That means their software engineers/coders only need to muck around with optimising code for roughly 10 devices. And the hardware components (for Kernel purposes) for a lot of those devices are pretty much the same - for example the A5 processor that's in the 4s and the Ipad2, the wifi module for most devices is the same....I can go on and with this much beer usually do.

When they worked on IOS5, it was no small undertaking but they were able to port that to their 10 devices and still have time for a beer after work. Cold cold beer.

And on top of that: Their coders are PAID to do that as their job. Can you imagine if the entire Cyanogenmod team were actually paid (and paid like the Apple guys in California) to do what they are doing and nothing else? We'd be looking at our 1ghz processor and 512 meg ram and wondering WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE EXCESS POWER.

OK Maybe over the top, but I'm saying that what we've gotten thus far is pretty freakin close to perfection and it's done by THS in their "spare" time around work and school. If that's actually all they did for a living (and were able to post it here and not have to sign nondisclosure agreements or live in windowless basements) then we'd have beyond perfection.

And lastly - the hardware itself is vetted by Apple to the point of stupidity. According to the different rumourmill websites, the newest 8mp camera in the 4s replaced another (10MP) camera that they had already decided on because the 10mp actually had longer lag time in taking the pic and drew "too much" power.

No I am not an Apple lover - far from it - but compare the GPS from any recent Apple device to the SGS which was Sammy's flagship phone for a time. Or the SGS2, which was a lot more ship and less flaggy. I'll wait. No comparison, is there? I hate Apple's policies and OS and their freakin entire hermetically sealed architecture, but I am impressed with the damned hardware.

It's like appreciating the top of the line spotscar that's driven by the complete and utter [deleted] idiot from your work. Sure, it was made by slave labour, and the guy uses too much aftershave and looks like he spends his free time defiling small animals in the basement of his house....but the car has SEAT WARMERS and can go from 0 - 100 in about 3 seconds.

Sammy, who drives a bit like my 20 year old Honda with the exhaust leak...Well, their decision process went "yup, let's go with THAT processor and THAT camera and THAT GPS chip". According to rumour, the components that are used in the SGS use "closed source/proprietary drivers". That is to say, Pawitp et al are having to do dodgy workarounds to make the damned camera work properly (and we got HD recording! The guys are freaking legends!)

I'm fairly certain that the Sammy ROM/kernel devs a) don't love problem solve coding like our beloved THS dev's and b) are nowhere near as smart as the THS guys.

So in summary: iPhawn devices have well tested and lower-power using hardware, have decently paid dev teams who have the comfort of being able to only work around a few iterations of that hardware, and they have the muppet market eating out of their hands (Jobs was a genius. Evil genius? Sure. Still a freakin genius) which means that even if they stuff up they still get impressed reviews.

Sammy gave us a cheap(ish) phone with crappy components with non-optimised drivers that have to be used due to closed-source drivers, and an OS that's designed to work on about a thousand different devices (give or take) which means needs to have some basic optimisations for everyone. Eeew.

I hope that, somehow, this doesn't raise the ire of the mods or of the flaming crew, and I don't end up having my account hacked with the words "APPLE LOVER" scrawled over my signature.

But I also hope that this helps you feel better about the fact that your friends iPhone uses less battery than yours does - just remember that no matter what HE'S HOLDING IT WRONG....VERY WRONG

Thanks

/end drunken rant.

No wait - here's the last point about the H/W - the Amoled screen sucks juice quicker than...I can drink beer. THAT'S A LOT DAMMIT!

In fact, you can almost ignore the rest of the post. It's your screen!
    I'm very angry. Could someone explain me this situation?
    The nightly builds of CM9 for the SGS2 are already started: the rom is very unstable and so many features are missing.
    The build 16 for GalaxyS is a very good build: only few minor things are missing and everything is smooth.
    Why there are no nighties?
    The CM9 porting work is 1000 times better on the i9000!!!
    Go away!
    This has been asked so many times recently. CM9 is free, if you think it's taking too long then help develop it. Otherwise keep quiet about ETAs and development on other devices, it doesn't help anyone and it comes across as very ungrateful.
    Just saw the main thread being closed because some idiots stated some hate against Ratborg. A blody shame if someone asks me, don't do such a thing against such a helpfull member of the community, especcialy not when one is is a relatively new, selfprocaimed, expert around here.

Sorry, way offtopic, but this needs to be said somewhere.

Taptalked u see