Lower cellular signal on n5 than on my g2

Search This thread

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
I found this very interesting i usually get one bar at my house with nexus 5 and i consistently get 3 with the g2 still love my nexus 5 but just kind of strange
4eqa9avu.jpg

sent from my lg g2

vimesUK

Aug 18, 2007
Nr Manchester
Always been the same for me, worse signal reception on the N5 compared to my Motorola Razr i or Moto G....

N5 on the left and Moto Razr i on the right.

Both phones have new O2 sim cards inserted.

2uppxu1.jpg

sxgp61.jpg

11rxab5.jpg

11tvpg8.jpg

The N5 has been tested by the engineers at LG (nearly four weeks away for this testing / repairs). Nothing really to note on the engineers report.

I sent lots of photos with the phone and talked in detail with the people at LG over the relatively poor signal with the phone when using O2, 3 or Vodafone on the N5 compared to other phones that I have and what I would expect.

As good as the phone is it has been a let down for me with the strength of its signal capability. I have tried the different radio versions with no real difference.

There are times when it is really good but I just know there are plenty of other times when it is very poor compared to the other phones noted.

D

Darth

Always been the same for me, worse signal reception on the N5 compared to my Motorola Razr i or Moto G....

N5 on the left and Moto Razr i on the right.

Both phones have new O2 sim cards inserted.

2uppxu1.jpg

sxgp61.jpg

11rxab5.jpg

11tvpg8.jpg

The N5 has been tested by the engineers at LG (nearly four weeks away for this testing / repairs). Nothing really to note on the engineers report.

I sent lots of photos with the phone and talked in detail with the people at LG over the relatively poor signal with the phone when using O2, 3 or Vodafone on the N5 compared to other phones that I have and what I would expect.

As good as the phone is it has been a let down for me with the strength of its signal capability. I have tried the different radio versions with no real difference.

There are times when it is really good but I just know there are plenty of other times when it is very poor compared to the other phones noted.

Motorola has been making cell phones longer than anyone....and radios.

Don't compare any phones radio to most Motorola's anyway. :)

dmillerzx

Feb 4, 2010
Baltimore
It's safe to say the radios, or something in 4.4 have issues on the Nexus 5 regarding radio performance and reception. I can't say my signal is ever superb (t-mo MD); however I have often notice data stalls. Perhaps these are related issues?

I've started using Connection Stabilizer to resolve the data stall issues, if you check the logs you will likely see it working. I highly recommend.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.connectionstabilizerbooster

vimesUK

Aug 18, 2007
Nr Manchester
Motorola has been making cell phones longer than anyone....and radios.

Don't compare any phones radio to most Motorola's anyway. :)

You might have a point. It is just frustrating coming from a phone(s) which has virtually zero signal issues to one which is relatively bugged by them. Sometimes if I see no signal, when it has been in my pocket for a while, toggling it into airplane mode and then off again will restore it.

I am, overall, most impressed with the N5, it is just its ability to maintain a good and strong signal over that of what I have been used to which is most frustrating. I did not realise how bad it was until I went back to the Razr when the N5 was with LG for inspection / repairs for nearly a month.

vimesUK

Aug 18, 2007
Nr Manchester
Just to add that when I was using the Moto G it had an issue too with low or no signal after it had been in standby. Thankfully they fixed that one with the update...

The update is version number 174.44.1 and it has been reported to be pushing out to US and UK models of the Moto G, but should be rolling out to the rest of the globe soon enough. On the change log is a fix for a bug that had been causing cell signal loss for users, a fix for low call volume, a wallpaper cropping issue, and a trouble with USB on the Go.

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I been complaining here for this on a very long long time
I even got banned 2 Times for complaining too much.