[Q] at&t I337UCUFNC1 Root?

Search This thread

5erv0

Apr 24, 2014
I've been asking the same question every since the update as well. I was hoping to install a Custom ROM on my phone, but I am playing it safe until it's been confirmed workable with the latest update. As a back up, I've seen people mention it's possible to rollback this update to NB1. I've had no luck so far pulling up a thread about rolling back updates, though...:mad:

Jbjamin

Aug 29, 2013
I337UCUFNC1 System Status

I was rooted yet my ATT phone still forced 2 ATT push updates. I lost root yet my phone is still showing as custom system status and unlocked custom icon on reboot.

TangledHeart

Jul 15, 2012
Glendora
Ditto

I was rooted yet my ATT phone still forced 2 ATT push updates. I lost root yet my phone is still showing as custom system status and unlocked custom icon on reboot.
Are you able to access your external SD? I too have the same Build and have lost access to my SD, can't root, or unlock, even using the Network Unlock code from AT&T. I've lost apps, it has slowed waaaaaaaaaaaay down, and the battery is not lasting, even with Powersave. I just got this phone and the guy I bought it from factory reset it. There was an update that accepted, but it stopped and said I had to restart the update for some reason. I did, but it is still 4.4.2, but now has a different Security Software Version, MDF v1.0 Release 2. It won't accept USSD codes and gives me a 'connection error invalid mmi code' message.
Are you having the same issues? I sure wish I could find something on this. Every time I try to search, it changes the I337UCUFBNCI to "Did you mean: i337ucufnb1?" I can't find anything totally, just bits and pieces. UGHHHHHH

Jbjamin

Aug 29, 2013
Success, I couldn't find a step by step tutorial to fix my issue but thanks to a full nb1 .tar and a couple other files all given by contributors I was able to odin download to reset the custom icon to official then I had to odin download the full nb1 .tar. after doing this I did the ota att nc1 update and my phone is good as factory. Until I decide to root again that is.

If you would like some help let me know;)

Last edited:

ajrestifo

May 10, 2013
i337ucufnc1 root

Success, I couldn't find a step by step tutorial to fix my issue but thanks to a full nb1 .tar and a couple other files all given by contributors I was able to odin download to reset the custom icon to official then I had to odin download the full nb1 .tar. after doing this I did the ota att nc1 update and my phone is good as factory. Until I decide to root again that is.

If you would like some help let me know;)

I would like some help! How were you able to root fnc1? ! And is safe strap the only custom recovery that will work I'm guessing?
thanks in advance.

adam

Jbjamin

Aug 29, 2013
I did not root nc1, but it is possible thanks to some very smart contributors. I was previously rooted and wanted to unroot to factory. I became unrooted but my system was still unofficial and custom which I was having a problem getting rid of so I can trade in my phone in the future for credit. Just search nc1 root on xda and you should find the info. Its a bit of a process but you should be able to figure it out. You need to odin download back to nb1 first and go from there. If you would like some additional help I can try to give some advise but I'm no expert or developer just an enthusiast:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

DornoDiosMio

Nov 28, 2012
Houston
Reboot your phone into download mode and use the NB1 full odin tar. http://xdaforums.com/show...66&postcount=2

Use the MK2 downgrade method to obtain root. http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2663545

Then use the NC1 keep root http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2730144

This should help.

Can you repost those links please because none of them are valid...

Somehow when the post was made the links were messed up so the middle part is missing and just has ... instead. Thanks!

Trying to fix my mothers phone which she accidentally updated!

TaylorV

Jun 27, 2010
Reactions: Jbjamin

K5LK

Oct 27, 2012
Moto G Power (2021)
Rooting I337UCUFNC1

Hi. I have followed the threads for a while on rooting my I337. I purchased it used a month ago and really want to root it and install a custom rom. But by reading all the threads I am confused and somewhat worried I will brick it!

Can someone explain to me real clearly what software and files I should use to obtain root on AT&T I337UCUFNC1 and install a custom rom? I am ok with downgrading.

Thanks much.

fhuddles

Jul 6, 2014
Rooting the ATT SGH-I337 build I337UCUFNC1

I have this phone: build I337UCUFNC1, and was finally able to root it via the Towelroot method: Towelroot dot com.

Top Liked Posts