[TUTORIAL] How to easily THEMES .apk (for DEODEXED ROM only)

Search This thread

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Uot kitchen is the easier way to make a theme as long as we know how to use it..there are a lot of option there..n we juz need to upload the systemui.apk n framework-res.apk..but for contact,phone etc will remain stock..that one we can use ur tutor to modify..:D

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
Oh, you mean this one? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=990829 If this one, already got tutorial at that site. :)

Need query one... .. later free slot just try.

Edit: Just tryout the UOT kitchen, quite cool, that one so GUI, I don't think need any guide. ;)

Last edited:

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi
Oh, you mean this one? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=990829 If this one, already got tutorial at that site. :)

Need query one... .. later free slot just try.

Edit: Just tryout the UOT kitchen, quite cool, that one so GUI, I don't think need any guide. ;)

Yup,that one is easy to set up..even newbie like me also can handle it..hihi..jz want to inform to other people that they have uot kitchen outside there for those who dont want to mess with files compile decompile apk bla bla bla..hahaa..:p now u can help nithin port some themes from I9100 to our phone..:D

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Update add-in framework for apktool to use for de-compile .apk working correctly.

Code:
apktool if [location of .apk]

Kindly check 1st page De-compile & Compile of .apk section for more details.

Also, add-in Zipalign in batch tutorial at Zip-Align .apk section.

Last edited:

hermanchb

Nov 19, 2011
Seremban
Which is compatible with Windows Vista & XP ?

Windows x86 Online 0.85 MB jre-7u2-windows-i586-iftw.exe
Windows x86 Offline 19.35 MB jre-7u2-windows-i586.exe
Windows x64 20.46 MB jre-7u2-windows-x64.exe

hermanchb

Nov 19, 2011
Seremban
What is the difference between these two ?

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
What is the difference between these two ?

No different, Offline is you can direct install. Online one it just download a non-complete version, then it will connect to internet to check what necessary files is required for your system.

Reactions: hermanchb

spyder_pirate

Oct 5, 2010
found it, it was inside the "dist" folder but its smaller than the original even though i have not touch it.

i have these messages when i try to compile
W: Could not find sources
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building apk file...

am i doing something wrong?

momosa

Mar 13, 2012
Setia Alam
Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi Andrew, im new to S3, i saw ur theme and i really like it...
i saw your forum post but i dono which one to start first, i here to ask for your help to give me the step which one to do first.. thankss :D:fingers-crossed:

chinmay_7d

Oct 20, 2011
DC
hey what will be the necessary steps if i want to port a ready theme from one rom to another??
(Both roms are GB roms for Galaxy SL i9003.)

pokexpert

Aug 16, 2012
Caen
Hello, i got an error when i try to recompile :
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------- 
|  Log - 20/02/2013 -- 18:56:08,20  | 
THE LOG BELOW IS FOR YOUR MOST RECENT PROCESS ONLY. 

java version "1.7.0_09"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.5-b02, mixed mode)
I: Building resources...
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/animator
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-sw340dp-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-sw600dp-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-xlarge-nodpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/interpolator
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/layout-sw600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/layout-w600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/layout-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/mipmap-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/mipmap-ldpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/mipmap-mdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/mipmap-xhdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ar-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-bg-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ca-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-cs-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-da-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-de-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-el-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-en-rGB-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-es-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-fa-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-fi-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-fr-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-hi-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-hr-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-hu-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-it-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-iw-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ko-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-lt-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-lv-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-nb-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-nl-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-pl-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-pt-rPT-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-pt-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ro-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ru-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-sk-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-sl-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-sr-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-sv-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-th-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-tr-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-uk-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-vi-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-zh-rCN-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-zh-rTW-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-h720dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp-land
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp-w1024dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp-w1024dp-land
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp-w1280dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w360dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w480dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w500dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w720dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-xlarge-land
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/xml-xlarge
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\UTILIS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL106497905593195467.tmp, -x, -S, C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
	at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
	at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\UTILIS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL106497905593195467.tmp, -x, -S, C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
	... 6 more

.... what? I only changed the deault wallpaper...!

iXanza

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello, i got an error when i try to recompile :
Code:
|  Log - 20/02/2013 -- 18:56:08,20  | 
THE LOG BELOW IS FOR YOUR MOST RECENT PROCESS ONLY. 

java version "1.7.0_09"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.5-b02, mixed mode)
I: Building resources...
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/animator
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-sw340dp-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-sw600dp-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-xlarge-nodpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/interpolator
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/layout-sw600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/layout-w600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/layout-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/mipmap-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/mipmap-ldpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/mipmap-mdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/mipmap-xhdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ar-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-bg-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ca-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-cs-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-da-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-de-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-el-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-en-rGB-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-es-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-fa-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-fi-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-fr-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-hi-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-hr-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-hu-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-it-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-iw-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ko-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-lt-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-lv-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-nb-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-nl-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-pl-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-pt-rPT-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-pt-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ro-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-ru-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-sk-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-sl-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-sr-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-sv-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-th-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-tr-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-uk-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-vi-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-zh-rCN-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/raw-zh-rTW-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-h720dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp-land
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp-w1024dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp-w1024dp-land
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-sw600dp-w1280dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w360dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w480dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w500dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-w720dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-xlarge
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/values-xlarge-land
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res/xml-xlarge
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\UTILIS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL106497905593195467.tmp, -x, -S, C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
	at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
	at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\UTILIS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL106497905593195467.tmp, -x, -S, C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\utilisateur\Desktop\ROM\res\files-to-edit\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
	... 6 more

.... what? I only changed the deault wallpaper...!
What ROM are you on?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After few days surfing, asking & testing. I decide to make a easily tutorial for theming in Windows, I think as long you know to use computer, they is nothing much difficult to theming/modifying the .apk yourself.

My guide only cover:
    • De-compile & compile of .apk
    • changing the .png file inside .apk
    • Modifying tricky .9.png file.
    • Modifying .xml file.
    • Zip Align the .apk

What you need:
    • Your phone must be ROOT and DEODEXED.
    • CWM pre-install recommended, you can simply get this function by installing superatmos / Lucifr kernel.
    • 7-zip - for replacing file inside .apk
    • JRE (Java Runtime Environment) - required to run the APKtool
    • Android-SDK - must install before APKtool & Zipalign work.
    • APKTool Download the apktool & also apktool-install-windows.

Before Start:
    • Always remember make a backup for any .apk file you plan to change or amend.
    • Recommended make a flash-able version of origin not amend .apk in-case something went wrong, you can always flash back the original file via CWM. Example if you did something wrong in your systemUI.apk (for statusbar) it will probably make your phone nearly impossible access any part due to unstop FC.
    I also like to take this opportunity to THANKS the following user help, without them, all this is not possible. :)
    • ronhoover88
    • superatmos
    • tarunagg
    • Vertumus
    My Achievement ;)

Below is what you can get after themes. Enjoy!

6927206160_8a121cd12c_z_d.jpg
    6928674204_ab34f945bb_z_d.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FROM BELOW, NOT RELATED TO S II - i9100G

CENTER CLOCK for SONY XPERIA Z phone.
    De-compile the SystemUI.apk, then change some code at status_bar.xml in /res/layout

Step 1 - Find
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" 

android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" 

android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

Step 2 - Replace Step 1 code with
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="fill_parent" 

android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:gravity="center_horizontal|center" 

android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:singleLine="true" />

Step 3 - Then search for
    Code:
    xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">

and now cut Step 2 code and paste in bottom Step 3 code.

Step 4 - Lastly find
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker"
    and past following code beside it.
    Code:
    android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background"

Save the edited status_bar.xml

Sony Xperia Z Center Clock Screenshot.
    8662266974_c4f4ac9ed2_z_d.jpg
    Modifying .xml file

• After you have de-compile the .apk, now all inside .xml is readable where you can make some changes on the color selection, clock position and etc. by just simply open with notepad and modified.
    • Before de-compile, the .xml look like below which is not readable and understand by human.
      7075904187_a480aae051_b_d.jpg
    • After de-compile, now the .xml is readable and understand by human.
      7077344611_d127492c2d_b_d.jpg
    • Now you can amend what ever you like, Google/Search XDA forum for which .XML to amend.
    • Use this color code checker site for getting your desire color code.
    • After done, don't forget, you must compile back the .xml before it is understandable by Android OS.
    • Screenshot below showing modifying the sub text .xml to ICS blue color.
      6928674204_ab34f945bb_z_d.jpg

Change all
      Code:
      from android:color="#ffffffff to [B]android:color="#ff3f9bbf[/B]
      at zzz_tw_secondary_text_sub.xml
    De-compile & Compile of .apk

Why this step is required:
    • You need to de-compile the .apk before you can correctly modified the tricky .9.png and also to see a readable .xml for amending.
    Step:
    • Install JRE (Java Runtime Environment) & Android-SDK.
    • Download the apktool & also apktool-install-windows, extract the file and put inside your Windows Folder.
      6929778618_c891306489_b_d.jpg
    • Open command prompt (Start - Run - CMD)
    • Before de-compile the .apk, make sure you copy out your current phone framework-res.apk & twframework-res.apk, lidroid-res.apk only required if you using lidroid-res.apk in your framework.
      Code:
      [B]apktool if [location of .apk][/B]

Example:
      apktool if D:\APK\framework-res.apk
      apktool if D:\APK\twframework-res.apk
      apktool if D:\APK\lidroid-res.apk
    • Now, De-compile the .apk
      Code:
      [B]apktool d [filename.apk] [directory][/B]

Example: apktool d D:\framework-res.apk D:\De-compile
    • If sucess, you will seen the following line in your CMD.
      6929730534_bd3fb5c176_b_d.jpg
    • The De-compile folder will be generate as seen below.
      7075808517_f9c2e74faa_d.jpg
    • Now you can amend whatever you like to amend, after done, proceed to following step.
    • Compile back:
      Code:
      [B]apktool b [directory][/B]

Example: apktool b D:\De-compile
    • Extra build folder will appear inside your De-compile folder, all file inside here already compile and can use later in your Android phone.
      7075821831_59c9950dc4_b_d.jpg
    Modifying tricky .9.png file.

• The .9.png cannot just simply amend using any photoshop and put back, because by doing so, either the amend .9.png won't appear or just simply give you FC in your phone when running it.

What to do:
    • De-compile the .apk.
    • Below showing the different between before and after de-compile of .9.png, as you can seen on right image,they is extra 4 black dot + 1 black bar and surrouding with transparent bar, all this area must be keep and not amend during photoshop. The de-compile image will auto increase 1 x pixel + 1 y Pixel.
      6929932892_b26cba2dc3_d.jpg
      6929932912_fd3e348153_d.jpg
    • Just amend without touching those area, save it and then put back to correct folder and compile back.