Phone slowing down

Search This thread

slvrhwk

Aug 15, 2011
I tried searching before posting this. I didn't see any post which matches my problem, so I'm creating this new thread. I have an HTC Sensation 4G. I am using the Anrdroid Revolution Sensation XE (ICS + Sense 3.6) ROM by Mike. My phone has really slowed down. If I reboot, it works fine for some time (a few hours), but after that, it really takes ages to respond. Sometimes it just goes into a loop (of getting stuck). Like, I get the screen which says loading, then it shows the home screen after about half a minute or so, and immediately shows the white HTC screen and then the cycle repeats. I think it's running out of RAM. Is there an app which shows the RAM usage so that I can take a screenshot and post it here, so that you guys can see and advice me what can be done? Also, the battery life has really gone down in the last 2 days. Previously, I used to get at least 20-22 hours (at least) on a full charge. But for the past couple of days, I've been getting only 8-10 hours. It may be because of some app/widget that I installed that is running in the background and taking up a lot of the CPU. I really need to sort out these issues. Kindly help. Thanks.

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
I tried searching before posting this. I didn't see any post which matches my problem, so I'm creating this new thread. I have an HTC Sensation 4G. I am using the Anrdroid Revolution Sensation XE (ICS + Sense 3.6) ROM by Mike. My phone has really slowed down. If I reboot, it works fine for some time (a few hours), but after that, it really takes ages to respond. Sometimes it just goes into a loop (of getting stuck). Like, I get the screen which says loading, then it shows the home screen after about half a minute or so, and immediately shows the white HTC screen and then the cycle repeats. I think it's running out of RAM. Is there an app which shows the RAM usage so that I can take a screenshot and post it here, so that you guys can see and advice me what can be done? Also, the battery life has really gone down in the last 2 days. Previously, I used to get at least 20-22 hours (at least) on a full charge. But for the past couple of days, I've been getting only 8-10 hours. It may be because of some app/widget that I installed that is running in the background and taking up a lot of the CPU. I really need to sort out these issues. Kindly help. Thanks.

you don't require an app to see the ram usage :)
just go to settings->apps->running
that will show you all the apps that are running also...how much ram is used and how much ram is free (at the bottom of the screen once you open all the running apps)...this will even show you which app is using how much ram :D

slvrhwk

Aug 15, 2011
Okay, I can check my RAM usage from there. But I still need a solution. And something's seriously wrong with my battery. A full charge and 2 hours 45 mins later, it's down to 60%. How do I figure out the problem?

gustav30

Jul 20, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ
Try the better battery stats app on xda and look at partial wake locks. Give it a few hours to collect data. That will tell you what keeps waking your phone. I had a battery that was only lasting a few hours. Better Battery stats told me the media process was running constant. I formatted my SD card and now back to 17-18 hours. I had a bad media file on the card.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

GROGG88

Feb 15, 2011
Lone Star State
joshuaglenlee.com
You may want to provide more information on what options you chose when installing ARHD...

Also, it sounds as though you may have an app forcing a wakelock. Run a search for how to investigate that...

Prabash

Jan 29, 2012
Colombo
I guess you're right and it can cause because an app taking a lot of RAM..
I had a similar problem but a factory reset fixed it :D..maybe it's worth a try? ;)

slvrhwk

Aug 15, 2011
I think I may have just figured it out. I uninstalled Perfect App Protector - FREE (had installed it 3-4 days ago). 3 hours and the battery's still 95% (that's because I hardly used my phone since the last full charge). For now, I'm guessing that the problem's solved.

But I really need an app lock software. Any recommendations?

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
I think I may have just figured it out. I uninstalled Perfect App Protector - FREE (had installed it 3-4 days ago). 3 hours and the battery's still 95% (that's because I hardly used my phone since the last full charge). For now, I'm guessing that the problem's solved.

But I really need an app lock software. Any recommendations?

Rather than app lock...you can do app freeze..its pretty efficient...and you can do it via titanium backup....remember once you freeze the app it won't be visible in apps and can only be unfreezed by titanium backup only

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves

slvrhwk

Aug 15, 2011
Rather than app lock...you can do app freeze..its pretty efficient...and you can do it via titanium backup....remember once you freeze the app it won't be visible in apps and can only be unfreezed by titanium backup only

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves

No, I don't want to freeze apps, I want to lock certain apps, to prevent other people from accessing it. I installed Perfect App Protector - FREE for that purpose and it did a really good job. I'd have stuck to it, if only for the battery drain. I need alternatives to this one. It's been 6 hours since a full charge and my battery is at 78%. It seems to be working fine now.