OS build: Windows Mobile 6 AKU 0.4.2 Build 18125

!!Download me!!

Issue fixed
Incorrect SMS and MMS settings
Java Http user agent has no make/ model listed
HTC 8925 (1.04.502) - device is unresponsive/locked-up
HTC 8925 (1.04.502) - no audible SMS alert
HTC 8925 (1.04.502) - MMS IOT- Can't play AMR content in MMS sent from LG C2000
Blank screen, phone locked up (or powered down)
Media player flips video upside when going full screen
Today screen (start menu)drop down menu no longer shows
Yahoo Messenger connection - the HSDPA indicator ( H ) changes to 3G and no more messages are transmited or received
8925 Crashes when PTT is used
HTC 8925 - Locks up when streaming with Windows Media Player
HTC 8925 - Problem with IE going to CNN.com
automatically resets
HTC 8925 - Screen will not turn on
HTC 8925 - Locked up after removing the charger
Backlight settings will not stay set.
HTC 8915 lock up
Device Freezes
Won't wake up from sleepmode
Screen Freezes
backlight problem
HTC 8915 locked up
HTC 8925 - Movies played in full screen are upside down
HTC 8925 PTT button release issue
Music ID will not run - no response when selected
Remove GetGood Icon
Device Freeze and Missing Icons
Device not recognizing SIM with SIM PIN active
HTC camera Error
Chirp tone heard two times on originator phone
User cannot make PTT and Voice notes quick group call with Corporate contact and Public contact
Sometime phone get stuck and user cannot do any kind of operation
For Corporate-Public subscription, User can not create public group with corporate members
When user try to make PTT call for available contact then display the pop up message of "Contact Name is unavailable".
Sometime different tone heard while user select convert to cellular in Roaming area.
Once user upgrade the call to cellular volume gets low even if the call is on speakers on terminator
Origination tone plays in speaker instead of earpiece.
Call B (PTT) disconnect automatically once user accept call C (Cellular).
The last few seconds of the message (before releasing the PTT key) are getting clipped.
PTT call ends when client tries to originate cellular call.
Client cannot login to PTT service and display the user message of "PTT Service has been temporarily suspended while you travel outside your coverage."
PTT client didn't get logout.
device shuts itself off
HTC 8925 - Sprite back-up caused lockup
failed call waiting tone cadence
BackLight always dim
Voice dialing fromo the BT headset was unsuccessful in every test
When you select a clip on Cellular Video IF you mute the audio before the video begins you will not get audio even when you hit unmute.
Change the Wireless Modem APN from wap.cingular to isp.cingular

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
did anyone notice this makes reference to an 8915 model?!? its been reported that att was going to have the 8900 (no camera) and 8925 (with front and back cam) .... but i wonder if they are stupid enough to market a 3rd model with only the back cam (well thats my guess anyway, would fit in their naming scheme)

Last edited:

UnicornKaz

May 5, 2007
Southern Ontario
did anyone notice this makes reference to an 8915 model?!? its been reported that att was going to have the 8900 (no camera) and 8925 (with front and back cam) .... but i wonder if they are stupid enough to market a 3rd model with only the back cam (well thats my guess anyway, would fit in their naming scheme)

according to this article ... Kaiser do comes with 3 different model specs ;)

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9750809-1.html

mlekas

Mar 14, 2007
Seattle
looks and feels pretty much the same as the previous version. Some quick notes:

- Plain AT&T splash screen (removed the words "test only, not for sale") suggests we're getting close to the final version. The animated 3G splash has audio this time...
- looks like same software package as previous version (e.g. Ms PacMan trial, OZ IM etc. cingular pre_midlets is still there too (had assumed the pre_ meant pre-release).
- Device Name default (in About control panel) reports 8900 this time (could have sworn it was 8925 last time). Model no (in Device info control panel) is just "Hermes".
- The annoying backlight problem (where it goes dim every 10 seconds and reverts settings in the backlight control panel) seems to be gone!

More notes later, after some usage.

mlekas

Mar 14, 2007
Seattle
After 1 day of usage, some interesting issues:

* created program shortcuts from TaskMgr, and the program links (in Start Menu) lose their icons after soft reset. Also the Messenger program link has no icon, and the link itself is broken (application cannot be found)
* sound through headphones does not work! This is a major problem. Sound plays fine through speakers, but as soon as headphones are plugged in nothing from the headset. Of course this worked in the last version.

I am suspecting a bad interaction with the few apps I installed (HTC Home plugin and HTC Audio Manager from HTC ROM) so I'm rerunning the imaging process. If not, will step back to the previous release as no sound thru headphones is a no-op (would be a very boring flight home for me without music).

mlekas

Mar 14, 2007
Seattle
No Audio Thru Headphones

reinstalled the ROM and verified that sound does not come thru any headset. I had to reinstall an older ROM to get headphones working. Bummer as the new ROM looked more polished. I especially liked the way that backlight dimming worked.

Hope AT&T gets it right soon, else I'll have to try the HTC RTM ROM.
:(

wizzzard

Feb 20, 2006
Manchester
If not, will step back to the previous release as no sound thru headphones is a no-op (would be a very boring flight home for me without music).
Don't fly with Jet2.com as they made me switch off my Wizard when I was listening to mp3s via headphones even though it was in flight mode. :mad: The annoying thing was that she continued to allow 2 kids , 3 rows apart,to play on their Nintendo DS which I know were linked up wirelessly.:confused:

leoiden

Sep 13, 2006
In a house with a yard
if you guys don,t mind me asking
can you please post how you got your hands on a kaiser
and if you happen to have an extra you want to sell please pm me i would be very much nterested in trying one out

briols6

Apr 24, 2006
OMG Your right!

I've been using this ROM for a week now and hadn't tried the headset. How do you jack that up? I wonder how long it will be for a release rom to fix it because I like the new rom, but goota have the headset jack

briols6

Apr 24, 2006
Wow nice post! Im not sure why you are so upset. Your question was answered by Mlekas, we gotem on ebay, at least thats where I got mine. I think theres one on there now. Their pretty pricey though.

dashraider

Apr 28, 2006
can someone try to rip OZ im client from this rom and put it in a cab so we can try to install a more WM6 friendly version of this software on an upgraded 8525