Show Off Your X10 Mini/Mini Pro Screenshots Here!

Search This thread

kanellos

Dec 20, 2010
already try.. not working
need to wait maybe in future someone maka a theme maker :D

I just tried it with cyanbread.apk.
I changed only the statusbar icons, just to test.
I got the UOT-(numbers).zip .
Opening the UOT-(numbers).zip file there was an "app" folder.
In it was UOTcyanbread.apk (ie UOT-(numbers)\app\UOTcyanbread.apk)
I copied that to my sd card and installed it.
It worked for me.
(I guess you can't change bootanimation, fonts, window transitions etc that way)
What part didn't work for you?

I hope that in future there will be a theme editor too :D.

Last edited:
Reactions: matthias1203

matthias1203

Sep 28, 2011
Zadar
I just tried it with cyanbread.apk.
I changed only the statusbar icons, just to test.
I got the UOT-(numbers).zip .
Opening the UOT-(numbers).zip file there was an "app" folder.
In it was UOTcyanbread.apk (ie UOT-(numbers)\app\UOTcyanbread.apk)
I copied that to my sd card and installed it.
It worked for me.
(I guess you can't change bootanimation, fonts, window transitions etc that way)
What part didn't work for you?

I hope that in future there will be a theme editor too :D.

will try now again than ;)

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

ok it work in some way

but doesn't working notification transparency :(

matthias1203

Sep 28, 2011
Zadar
just blue

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot-1327399177029.png
    screenshot-1327399177029.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 309

Ticklefish

Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
will try now again than ;)

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

ok it work in some way

but doesn't working notification transparency :(

If you're looking to make the status bar (that bit at the top with the notification icons, clock, etc) transparent, that's actually incredibly straightforward. All you need is a computer with a decent art program and adb on it and a few minutes spare time. If you have a few more minutes spare time, you can make a zip file that can be flashed by CWM that will do it as well.

I suggest looking here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=849223 to find out how to theme your phone. Or I'm happy to do it myself if someone can share their framework-res.apk. I'm not on cyanobread but that shouldn't cause any issues.
I only have the occasional bit of spare time (one child and two on the way means I'm very busy) but I'm more than happy to help out. :D

Unless I've read it wrong and this isn't what you're after. In which case, I have no idea...lol

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I am using Go launcher, and I have to use a live wallpaper to set the background.
If I don't use a live wallpaper, the background of the statusbar in the homescreen is black.
For some other launchers you don't have to use a live wallpaper.

Curious, that shouldn't be happening. I think it's not the launcher so much as the way you're picking your wallpaper. It's possible that your image is being adjusted to fit in the space between the status bar and the bottom of the screen, rather the whole screen itself. Which would make the background of the statusbar black because the wallpaper isn't reaching up that far. Live wallpaper isn't a different matter altogther.
Try comparing your wallpaper to the original image. If part of the top isn't cut off, that means it's not taking up the whole screen.
I personally suggest using Gallery 3D or Wallpaper Wizard to make your wallpaper. They'll create a picture which uses the whole screen and will, in theory, be visible behind your status bar.

Last edited:

kanellos

Dec 20, 2010
Curious, that shouldn't be happening. I think it's not the launcher so much as the way you're picking your wallpaper. It's possible that your image is being adjusted to fit in the space between the status bar and the bottom of the screen, rather the whole screen itself. Which would make the background of the statusbar black because the wallpaper isn't reaching up that far. Live wallpaper isn't a different matter altogther.
Try comparing your wallpaper to the original image. If part of the top isn't cut off, that means it's not taking up the whole screen.
I personally suggest using Gallery 3D or Wallpaper Wizard to make your wallpaper. They'll create a picture which uses the whole screen and will, in theory, be visible behind your status bar.

Thank you for your reply.
I have tried with Wallpaper Wizard. It didn't work. I think it's a launcher thing.
For example in Zeam launcher I set the wallpaper with quickpic (not a live wallpaper, and because I have deleted Gallery 3D). There is an option for Zeam to manage the wallpapers internally. When that's enabled I get a black statusbar. When it's disabled I get a transparent status bar.

Ticklefish

Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
I have tried with Wallpaper Wizard. It didn't work. I think it's a launcher thing.
For example in Zeam launcher I set the wallpaper with quickpic (not a live wallpaper, and because I have deleted Gallery 3D). There is an option for Zeam to manage the wallpapers internally. When that's enabled I get a black statusbar. When it's disabled I get a transparent status bar.

Hmm. I've got a few ideas about this but it'll be a few hours before I can try anything. I think that Gallery3D might be your answer, but I'm not sure. I need to do a little experimenting first and free time is a bit rare these days.
In the meantime, can you share your framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk? Once I've got this fixed, I can create an update.zip that can be flashed through CWM.

Ticklefish

Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK

Well, I've done a little research and...you're absolutely right. Go Launcher Ex doesn't support transparent status bars, even if you modify the actual image file that is used for the background. I confess I'm a little surprised but there it is.

However it does work with live wallpapers, as you've already noticed. It's worth trying MultiPicture. It's a bit of a cheat but it will do what you're after.

Reactions: mauam and kanellos

kanellos

Dec 20, 2010
Well, I've done a little research and...you're absolutely right. Go Launcher Ex doesn't support transparent status bars, even if you modify the actual image file that is used for the background. I confess I'm a little surprised but there it is.

However it does work with live wallpapers, as you've already noticed. It's worth trying MultiPicture. It's a bit of a cheat but it will do what you're after.

Thank you again for your reply. And for the suggestion. That's what I'm using now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys :)

First screenshot:
    This is Milocker with a modded version of Xperia LDPI theme.
    Author is ra3al so all credits go to him (my modded .mtz is attached at the end of this post, in order to use it, place Xperia_Mod.mtz on /sdcard/MIUI/themes and set it on Milocker)

Second screenshot:
    Icons are Droid HD by 7.7.7.7.7.7.7, applied through Desktop VisualizeR
    Tip: in order to make the icons look so low in the screen, you must use a launcher with ability to hide dock (Like ADW EX).

Third screenshot:
    Just ExtDateWidgetXL and SiMiClock widget, both in light grey.

Last Screenshot:
    Miui Music v3 + Power Control widget with transparent background setting.

The wallpaper is here:

wallpapermemoir2.png

PS: The clock is a replicate from one I seen here from vanessaem, so all credits go to her.

The theme is just a quick mashup and its far from ready for daily use. If you want it, give me some days to fix it up ;)

Regards, D_d
    Got bored and decided to play with my mini... :)

presentationz.png

Love grey :p

Regards, D_d
    after my reflash off some experiments w JiT and other system mods...
    this is my setup atm...:p
    simple and minimal.
    trialsc2wwatermark.png

i've attached all the files i've used here.
    just follow the guide and ask if there are any problems!
    Needed: lots of patience and time for the setup...:p
    QVGA Screen only, MIGHT not work for other phones
    goodluck!
    (apps used: Desktop Visualizer, Launcher Pro, Folder Organizer, simi clock)
    credits and thanks if you find this useful:p
    Hi everyone!:D
    Since it's still awhile before we get our much-awaited Eclair update from SE...i decided to pimp the phone.:D
    despite its low screen res and outdated OS, there are ways of making it stand out.:p
    Here are my SS. i'll update soon!;)
    do share your SS too!
    16hjngx.png
    aykrcw.jpg
    f2vj9h.jpg

2mdotty.png
    148nsqt.png
    2vwwpl0.png

33pg84h.png
    25sts2h.png

Most of the ideas come from around the net and from this forum...:p
    May i know the wallpaper u're using?it looks damn cool :)

here its called digital earth..... http://db.tt/8t5ofA2W

sent from my magic nAa x10mini