[Q] Xperia Play not recognised by computer via usb [solved]

Search This thread

jdz7t8

May 10, 2011
Could someone help me? I plug the usb in and it says driver not installed properly. The is the Xperia play. It is rooted with the latest gingerbreak.
Update: Solved
Looks like there was a problem with the driver, so I manually uninstalled the drivers via "Device and Printers" in the start menu, then I restarted my computer. Then I plugged in my phone and this time it said installing Xperia Play instead of what it was doing before, which was installing some other driver, I don't remember what it came up as initially, but it wasn't recognizing it as the Xperia Play. Now it is. That's it folks.

Last edited:

Dousan

Aug 9, 2010
Copenhagen
Nice to hear mate ;) Could you also update the thread tittle to solved and maybe say how you solved it, that might help others?

Regards Dousan...

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
If you solve somthing you should post your solution, so you can help other people with the same problem :)

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk

Strife182

Mar 21, 2012
Sorry for the necro-bump but I'm having the same issue. Phone was working ok and was able to connect to pc but then I uninstalled a PSXperia game and rebooted the phone, after that the MTP driver no longer works, I'm only able to connect via MSC.
- Tried the solution above with no luck
- Tried connectin the phone in another PC and i get the same error.
- Downloaded the PC Companion app from Sony and selected the "How to connect" option. It tried to install the drivers but got a message saying "An error in the communication between your phone and computer was discovered"

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

dassub

May 6, 2011
Toronto
Usually mine takes a few minutes before it will connect in Media Transfer Mode. Yes, you heard it right, a few MINUTES! But eventually, if it's been too long, I unplug it and try again. It usually connects if you simply just wait (way too) long enough.

Reactions: Strife182

Strife182

Mar 21, 2012
Well I managed to get it working again by using the Sony companion software, it reinstalled everything back as it was when I got it. I made a backup but first I'm going to see if rooting the phone had something to do with it.

Sent from my R800a using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usually mine takes a few minutes before it will connect in Media Transfer Mode. Yes, you heard it right, a few MINUTES! But eventually, if it's been too long, I unplug it and try again. It usually connects if you simply just wait (way too) long enough.