Cases

Search This thread

hiko36

Jul 2, 2009
Dallas
I bought the official case from TMO. It's a little pricey but provides excellent protection. As a matter of fact, the faucet in my bathroom leaks and I left my tablet on the counter one night. I woke the next morning and my tablet was sitting in a puddle of water that extended halfway up the case. Took the case off, wiped everything down, and plugged it back in. Worked fine. Even the liquid indicator was still white.

Raichean

May 17, 2008
I bought the official case from TMO. It's a little pricey but provides excellent protection. As a matter of fact, the faucet in my bathroom leaks and I left my tablet on the counter one night. I woke the next morning and my tablet was sitting in a puddle of water that extended halfway up the case. Took the case off, wiped everything down, and plugged it back in. Worked fine. Even the liquid indicator was still white.

Ditto on the TMO case.. seems $20 too high, but honestly a pretty good hunk of hardware for your tablet. I will have one spare once I have my tablet mounted into my car dash.. ;)

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
Ditto on the TMO case.. seems $20 too high, but honestly a pretty good hunk of hardware for your tablet. I will have one spare once I have my tablet mounted into my car dash.. ;)

Another vote for the TMo case and you are right about the price but you can buy it off Ebay for about $20 less unless you are like me and want it right now. :)

Klacik

Aug 26, 2009
Can anyone pls post a picture/link to this TMo case?
Would like to know how it looks, whats the price and where to get it.. thanks :)

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
Can anyone pls post a picture/link to this TMo case?
Would like to know how it looks, whats the price and where to get it.. thanks :)

The brand is Incipio and I purchased mine from a TMo store for like $50. I had seen the same one on Ebay for half the price but I didn't want to wait. I checked Ebay and the case is no longer listed. I also looked on the Incipio web site and they don't even list it. I don't have a picture but the case is black and the tablet kind of snaps down into the bottom part of the case. You can open the case(it is held closed with an elastic strap) and you have three positions that the tablet can be set into. They range from a fairly good tilt to darn near upright. I have found the case to be quite nice and it really doesn't add much to the overall size. Hope this helps.

hiko36

Jul 2, 2009
Dallas
Pictures attached.

On the second picture, you can see bubbles in the microfiber. That's the glue separating because I got it wet.

Attachments

• WP_000141.jpg
    WP_000141.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 743
  • WP_000142.jpg
    WP_000142.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 814
  • WP_000143.jpg
    WP_000143.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 760

ting-er

Dec 22, 2009
I bought on ebay a smart cover like this from the auction 170821966479. It's thin, good protection and a good stand. I am very happy with it.

Petya19

May 1, 2011
Budapest
The TMO case is so popular in the US, but outside there are two options: universal 7 inch case or a not so bad case designed for the media pad. Search for t-mobile springboard case on ebay.

lilaliend

Nov 9, 2010
I bought a cheap-o case off eBay for $16. Listing was questionable as the sellers account was terminated the day after I bought it. I still got the case this morning after 3 weeks though. 2 problems with it. It's a little too thing for the springboard, so the outside edge around the display doesn't quit fold over all the way and sticks up. Secondly, the hole for the front facing camera is slightly off and the camera just barely peeks out from it.

lilaliend

Nov 9, 2010
Might not stick with the case though. Without the case I've always been able to stick it in my back pocket (slacks or jeans) and walk around with it to a few places, lunch breaks, dog walks, etc. With the case its a no go.

5huhulalu

May 3, 2012
PDair Leather Case

I bought a cheap-o case off eBay for $16. Listing was questionable as the sellers account was terminated the day after I bought it. I still got the case this morning after 3 weeks though. 2 problems with it. It's a little too thing for the springboard, so the outside edge around the display doesn't quit fold over all the way and sticks up. Secondly, the hole for the front facing camera is slightly off and the camera just barely peeks out from it.

Yes, I have also found this one on eBay. I have ordered it (the same colour like lilaliend). But it never arrived (I got my money back). Fortunatelly!!

After the first attempt with eBay, I have decided to invest a bit more money and ordered a leather case from PDair:

qqq.pdair.com/index.php/ebook-reader-tablet/huawei/huawei-mediapad/leather-case-for-huawei-mediapad-book-type-black.htmk
(in the URL please replace qqq with www and htmk with html)

You can buy it directly from PDair for $80. This is quite a lot of money. But PDair's reseller for Middle East sells the same case ("book type") for $60:

tbeyond.com/leather-case-for-huawei-mediapad-book-type-black-p-14363.htmk
(in the URL please replace htmk with html)

Free Worldwide Shipping. Even though the reseller is based in United Arab Emirates, the case came from Hong Kong. Delivery to Germany was without any problems.

My experience with the case from PDair: The case is simply excellent. I highly recommend it. It is worth the money:

PROS:
- durable black leather
- magnets! It closes with magnets
- the tablet fits nicely into the case (in contrast to the cheap case from eBay - see post from lilaliend)
- all holes (front and rear cameras, USB and HDMI ports, charger) are precisely where they should be

CONS:
- the case is rather thick. They use multiple layers of leather (you can see it on the pictures on the PDair website). So the tablet is really well protected. But with the case you can not put the tablet into your back pocket...

luvduchovny

Mar 29, 2011
TMobile Incipio case for Springboard has dropped in price

If you were to shop for it now on the TMobile site the Incipio case is now $29. That's about $15 to maybe $20 cheaper than when I bought it earlier in the year. ARGH!

I do love my case though. The only thing that's bad is when you are in portrait mode and the front cover doesn't sit nicely back when holding it in that position.

cdlrosa

Aug 4, 2007
Dallas
Marware Jurni

I wanted a case that had a zippered closure, for added protection. I had this case from when I had purchased the Kindle Fire. But I decided to see if it would fit the Springpad. It does, with a bit of sanding or cutting.

This is an option if you are willing to sand down or cut two nibs from the top two clips. Each clip has two nibs, the one you want to sand down or cut is the one on the right for each clip. I have attached some pictures so you can see the zippered case and the two clips above, and a close up of the cut. Mine is a bit sloppy, but hey, I'm not complaining. See pictures.

Attachments

• Img2.jpg
    Img2.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 347
  • Img3.jpg
    Img3.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Img4.jpg
    Img4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Img5.jpg
    Img5.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 331
  • Img1.jpg
    Img1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 314

zelduy

Nov 26, 2008
I bought on ebay a smart cover like this from the auction 170821966479. It's thin, good protection and a good stand. I am very happy with it.

I also looking for this case.. anyone know where can i get it that shipped internationally...

The incipio one is also looks nice.. but i couldnt found one in ebay :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ferdz33

Sep 5, 2012
Makati
this is my combo "temporary" case and universal stand. :laugh:

still looking for a folio-type case and I just got news that the local distributor here already has stocks and giving it for free for new buyers of MediaPad. :silly:

Attachments

• banner03-818x693.jpg
    banner03-818x693.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 2zswspt.jpg
    2zswspt.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 212

Nightcookie

Dec 31, 2007
I wanted a case that protects the corners, could prop up the MediaPad in landscape and (!) did not cover the front (like some cases that cover the bezel around the display).

Turns out that this case for the Lenovo Ideapad A1 fits just fine. Only the hole for the camera is in the wrong place, but I don't use the Pad's camera anyway. Nice sleek design. Reeks of plastic/glue the first few days, but the smell wears off quickly and then you have a smart-looking case for your MediaPad.

Apparently this case comes with different names around the globe. Have a look at the pictures and see what's available in your country.

51Leqfw%2B-6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Torstiko

Mar 13, 2012
Hi

I'm using the EasyAcc Case for nearly a year now.
It fits great, exept the hole for the frontcamera could be a milimeter bigger.
I do not know, in it is available outside Germany.

Greets
Torstiko

Sent from my Huawei MediaPad using xda app-developers app