Blank screen and no signs of life

Search This thread

schuflea

Mar 25, 2012
Kansas City
So I was in the middle of messing with my note, rooted already and working great. Just downloaded a ROM to the SD. Not installing anything. Note not plugged in but 98% on battery.
All of a sudden the screen is blank. Can't get anything to turn on. Don't see anything on the screen. Nothing. Changed battery, plugged it in, no dice nothing.

Ideas? Hardware issue?
Any and all help is appreciated.

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
I would try the above, download mode, all different modes of the phone to see what's working.

Also i would try holding the power button for 8 mississippi seconds and see if it vibrates.

chazthespazz

Jul 15, 2009
hmmm

I would try the above, download mode, all different modes of the phone to see what's working.

Also i would try holding the power button for 8 mississippi seconds and see if it vibrates.

I have the same problem, and no vibration when i hold the power button. I take out the battery try different comboc, and nothing, seems like a dead phone, but i did nothing to mess it up...

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I think i found the problem, after reviewing whAT i think i had done, I was tryuing to root and install a custom rom to galaxy note, but in odin i flashed cwm recovery to the bootloader instead of PDA...can this be fixed?

LittleRedDot

Jan 5, 2012
Sometimes phones die... Good new is sammy will probably never know that you rooted it when you send it in for exchange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

chazthespazz

Jul 15, 2009
Sometimes phones die... Good new is sammy will probably never know that you rooted it when you send it in for exchange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

wow thanks yeah thats what i was thinking, if there is not water damage or anything and no power, then they should give a new one?

right? i dont see how they could diagnose it if no power

android4545

Feb 25, 2012
New York, NY
If your not getting any response try holding the volume up and down buttons at the same time and plugging it into a charger that brought my phone into recovery mode, I did a factory reset and I was up and running again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

chazthespazz

Jul 15, 2009
If your not getting any response try holding the volume up and down buttons at the same time and plugging it into a charger that brought my phone into recovery mode, I did a factory reset and I was up and running again

nada, could it be from me using the bootloader tab for installing CWR?

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Flashed a CWM image to your boot loader ?
Uh...yeh......thats a bad day right there, if you whacked the boot partition...it's bye-bye phone.....

Hello ATT ?...yeh, it just quit....LOL

trade it....g

bilguun789

Jan 13, 2013
samsung galaxy note SHV-E160K no sign of life

i tried your answer. still no live on computer what should i do. phone is samsung galaxy note SHV-E160K

Please do this:
1. Replace battery
2. Insert batery
3. Hold down volume key + home key + power key for 15s to 20s
4. Press volume up key
5. Open Odin
6. connect your phone to pc
7. flash new bootloader(2.tar) by odin
Please see this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1354888
and download attachment file then extract it and choose 2.tar to flash.

After complete your phone can boot to download mod and you must flash original rom for galaxy note by download form www.sammobile.com

Good luck.

Top Liked Posts