[Q] how to update to mj6

Search This thread

berju

Dec 9, 2010
Hello, i'm on branded orange mi7 french and would like to unbranded and install last mj6 from england.
So is it possible to unbranded and update without knox 01?
To after root with vroot.
Thanks

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
Nope sorry. Mj6 will trip the counter. You can still try installing from sammobile and dont root it.

Sent from Note 3 (The beauty & beast)

patrick92260

Nov 9, 2008
I went from mj3 malaysian xme to Britain btu mj6 thru Odin and it did not trip my flash counter

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I went from mj3 malaysian xme to Britain btu mj6 thru Odin and it did not trip my flash counter

That's right, but try to root it.... You now have the new bootloaders that trip when you root, and if something goes wrong forget using Kies 3 to fix as the newest firmware Malaysia has to date is MJ1, the old bootloader.... Welcome to bootloopssville, population - You....

gnadenlos

Oct 26, 2013
Hello, i'm on branded orange mi7 french and would like to unbranded and install last mj6 from england.
Thanks
I don't know about the branded version, but I succeeded in flashing MJ6-BTU on my french XEF phone. Root is working - Knox is 0x0.

Universal RDLV is able to create the system.img.ext4 and cache.img.ext4 files, but you have to include some other files from the Samsung tar.md5 file or camera and WLAN will be broken. DO NOT include the *.mbn files - DO NOT include the unmodified system.img.ext4 - this would result in Knox 0x1.

Reactions: berju

berju

Dec 9, 2010
I don't know about the branded version, but I succeeded in flashing MJ6-BTU on my french XEF phone. Root is working - Knox is 0x0.

Universal RDLV is able to create the system.img.ext4 and cache.img.ext4 files, but you have to include some other files from the Samsung tar.md5 file or camera and WLAN will be broken. DO NOT include the *.mbn files - DO NOT include the unmodified system.img.ext4 - this would result in Knox 0x1.

Hello do you flash a rdlv version or a non modified one?

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
The safest way to go up (providing you currently have nothing higher than MJ1), is to create a URDLV Firmware, to keep the old boot loader.

Then flash the modem and NON-HLOS file from the original Samsung tar file.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

gnadenlos

Oct 26, 2013

You flash a RDLV version, but you have to add some additional files from the Samsung firmware. At least you have to add NON-HLOS and modem, but in my case this wasn't enough, so I built a new .tar.md5 file with almost everything. The only files I didn't include were the *.mbn files. System+Cache from the RDLV tar.md5, the rest from the Samsung tar.md5 file.

berju

Dec 9, 2010
Can i flash mj1 With odin without knox01 and after flash rdlv mj6 or mj7
Thanks

geek78

Jan 22, 2006
Around Paris
Thanks

Start by reading this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487916&page=10 at post 93 ;)

You will understand how to create your UK MJ7 firmware unbranded and rooted. Don't flash a newer firmware than MJ1 to keep the old bootloader and don't use kingoapp or vroot .... They use an exploit which won't exist anymore when samsung will decide it ! You will be happy to have the old bootloader at this moment ...

berju

Dec 9, 2010
Start by reading this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487916&page=10 at post 93 ;)

You will understand how to create your UK MJ7 firmware unbranded and rooted. Don't flash a newer firmware than MJ1 to keep the old bootloader and don't use kingoapp or vroot .... They use an exploit which won't exist anymore when samsung will decide it ! You will be happy to have the old bootloader at this moment ...

Thank you, i understand that it's important tout keep the old bootloader. So my iinterrogation is about i update my mi7 directly to rdlv mj7 or i update first to mj1 and after to mj7.

Bootloader on mi7 and mj1 is the same?

berju

Dec 9, 2010
It will be rooted by following the process "root de la vega", so before flashing it :D

hello, just for confirmation i just need put the files on root of internal sd card. I don't need flash AP/CSC because i flash RDLV before ?

I've just flash RDLV MJ7 and now i just try to root.

Thanks again.

EDIT : root is done, just put files reboot... remove and done.

Thanks all for your help !!

Last edited:

anencephal

Dec 30, 2007

I bought what I thought was a UK Note 3 (via Amazon UK) but it turns out to be a Malaysian XME one. I've therefore been looking at moving over to the BTU firmware. Was it simply a case of downloading (I've done this from Sammobile) and installing via Odin? Any issues encountered?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

berju

Dec 9, 2010
I bought what I thought was a UK Note 3 (via Amazon UK) but it turns out to be a Malaysian XME one. I've therefore been looking at moving over to the BTU firmware. Was it simply a case of downloading (I've done this from Sammobile) and installing via Odin? Any issues encountered?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Hello,

i'm not sure what you want exactly. If i understand your phone is XME and you want BTU ? So if you flash a rom from sammobile with multi-csc your phone rest on XME. You need to flash BTU exclusive one ( i think, ask for confirmation ).

But before flash you need to know if you want root after or customise, because of knox warrantly and new bootloader you can't do this is you don't do the right thing.

You can read this also :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47225951&postcount=112

Reactions: anencephal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

The safest way to go up (providing you currently have nothing higher than MJ1), is to create a URDLV Firmware, to keep the old boot loader.

Then flash the modem and NON-HLOS file from the original Samsung tar file.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You flash a RDLV version, but you have to add some additional files from the Samsung firmware. At least you have to add NON-HLOS and modem, but in my case this wasn't enough, so I built a new .tar.md5 file with almost everything. The only files I didn't include were the *.mbn files. System+Cache from the RDLV tar.md5, the rest from the Samsung tar.md5 file.
    Thanks

Thank you, i understand that it's important tout keep the old bootloader. So my iinterrogation is about i update my mi7 directly to rdlv mj7 or i update first to mj1 and after to mj7.

Bootloader on mi7 and mj1 is the same?

directly ;)