Difference between gee, gee, gproj and aosp ?? Plz

Search This thread

Liindberg

May 10, 2011
Hello all. Just got myself a LG e975.

I've already tried enhdroix and artmod roms but now I'm a little scared :D

I noticed the terms gee, geeb, gproj and asop and now I'm really confused. Are there some of them I cannot use on my e975 lte or is there no worries?

Last thing.

I would like a kitkat based Rom with custom kernel for undervolt. Is there any you can recommend?

Kind regards

Liindberg

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: DoctorPINK

Creative9170

Feb 1, 2013
Tehran
Your E975 device is GEE and you can use GEE and GEEHRC (and maybe GEESPR) roms. BUT DO NOT USE GEEB ROMS ON YOUR DEVICE!
GPROJ and AOSP are two kind of base for Optimus G roms. gproj is a little old and use old binaries and drivers. Cyanogen Mod 11 (CM11) and all roms based on CM11 are grpoj.
But AOSP is based on Nexus 4 binaries and roms that are newer. Before downloading any rom or kernel you can check if its gproj or aosp based.

Liindberg

May 10, 2011
Thank you so much man! Saved my Day :)
I thought myself i should use geeb so im glad for your answer. What models uses geeb then?

Sendt fra min LG-E975 med Tapatalk

Liindberg

May 10, 2011
One more Thing.

I thought that gee and geehrc was for The sprint version? Does this matter?

Liindberg

May 10, 2011
I live in Denmark and have The European version, 13mp cam and 32gb space

Creative9170

Feb 1, 2013
Tehran
I thought myself i should use geeb so im glad for your answer. What models uses geeb then?

Your welcome ;) As i know E970 is Geeb.

One more Thing.

I thought that gee and geehrc was for The sprint version? Does this matter?

Sprint version is GEESPR

I live in Denmark and have The European version, 13mp cam and 32gb space

My phone is also E975 with same specifications :D

Reactions: Claureid

Claureid

Apr 4, 2012
Your E975 device is GEE and you can use GEE and GEEHRC (and maybe GEESPR) roms. BUT DO NOT USE GEEB ROMS ON YOUR DEVICE!
GPROJ and AOSP are two kind of base for Optimus G roms. gproj is a little old and use old binaries and drivers. Cyanogen Mod 11 (CM11) and all roms based on CM11 are grpoj.
But AOSP is based on Nexus 4 binaries and roms that are newer. Before downloading any rom or kernel you can check if its gproj or aosp based.
Please shed some light on CM12 I want to flash this -> [KERNEL][E975][LOLLIPOP->5.0][STOCK->4.4] Solid_Kernel_V1.6, but stuck at the options available at the download page ( loller79.altervista.org/ ) because of two versions for LP, each for gee and gproj..

Creative9170

Feb 1, 2013
Tehran
Please shed some light on CM12 I want to flash this -> [KERNEL][E975][LOLLIPOP->5.0][STOCK->4.4] Solid_Kernel_V1.6, but stuck at the options available at the download page ( loller79.altervista.org/ ) because of two versions for LP, each for gee and gproj..

You should use GPROJ version for Lollipop If you are using official CM12 for E975 from this site: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=e975
I mean: Solid_Kernel_V1.61GPROJ-LP

Reactions: Claureid

Creative9170

Feb 1, 2013
Tehran
I have the same model E975 with the same specifications, what ROM and kernel you advice me to use? thank you in advance for advice :)

I've lost the EFS partition of my Optimus G and now it can't support GEE roms just support GPROJ!! So i've installed official CM12 on it. But on my another device Nexus 5 I have installed "Resurrection Remix LP" that I think its a full functional ROM with many customization :) here is XDA link for E975: http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-intl/development/geehrc-resurrection-remix-lp-v5-3-1-t3012333

DoctorPINK

Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
I've lost the EFS partition of my Optimus G and now it can't support GEE roms just support GPROJ!! So i've installed official CM12 on it. But on my another device Nexus 5 I have installed "Resurrection Remix LP" that I think its a full functional ROM with many customization :) here is XDA link for E975: http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-intl/development/geehrc-resurrection-remix-lp-v5-3-1-t3012333

I'm really confused, I have a E970 and can only install GPROJ. None GEEB worked. Is there a workaround? From the bold sentence it seems like if I play with the EFS it may work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've bin searching the web and xda all night and still can't find any explanation. Up :)

I have the same model E975 with the same specifications, what ROM and kernel you advice me to use? thank you in advance for advice :)

Hello all. Just got myself a LG e975.

I've already tried enhdroix and artmod roms but now I'm a little scared :D

I noticed the terms gee, geeb, gproj and asop and now I'm really confused. Are there some of them I cannot use on my e975 lte or is there no worries?

Last thing.

I would like a kitkat based Rom with custom kernel for undervolt. Is there any you can recommend?

Kind regards

Liindberg