[Q] USB Audio Out?

Search This thread

PearcePowers

Jan 4, 2011
Can anyone who owns the G3 confirm that USB Audio Out (over an OTG cable) works through a DAC? I can't seem to find any information that confirms or discounts that this works.

Thanks!

jesadac

Dec 29, 2006
Can anyone who owns the G3 confirm that USB Audio Out (over an OTG cable) works through a DAC? I can't seem to find any information that confirms or discounts that this works.

Thanks!

It does work with my Fiio E17. Just tried it today after almost buying an app that was supposed to do so. My only complaint is that the DAC seems to be charging while connected to the G3.

Last edited:
Reactions: PearcePowers

PearcePowers

Jan 4, 2011
It does work with my Fiio E17. Just tried it today after almost buying an app that was supposed to do so.

Thanks, Jesadac! That's great news... I was hoping this was the case, as I believe the G2 also supported it.

I assume you're referring to the USB Audio Player Pro app? It truly doesn't replace the native ability to have a clean digital audio out signal for all sounds out of the phone.

IMokwithAT

May 27, 2015

Thanks!

Just bought the new Cayin C5 DAC/Amp. My TMo LG G3 does not put audio out though the amp when connected via OTG. It registers it's connected I'm guessing because all audio is no longer played through the phone. Plugged into my friends Note 4 and it worked right away. Is this is G3 problem? We're both on Lollipop.

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I know this is an old thread... but do I still need USB Audio Player Pro to get USB DAC to work? I thought Android 5.0+ brings USB audio, and right now my Beyerdynamic A100 doesn't work by "simply" plugging it in... however I do get about half second of audio and quits.

kuznec68

Jul 21, 2016
I go on LG G3 with app USB Audio Player PRO and HibyMusic app, my DAC is Hegel HD2 and DragonFly RED. Logitech USB headphones works too. with China OTG cable.

Lasselo

May 12, 2009
I can confirm Spotify and youtube doesn't play audio through usb (android 5.1.1), and it still mutes integrated speaker when connected:silly:. Must have usb-player i guess.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

It does work with my Fiio E17. Just tried it today after almost buying an app that was supposed to do so. My only complaint is that the DAC seems to be charging while connected to the G3.