Phantasm Touch and finger slider

Search This thread

loscassapalle

Jan 9, 2010
same problem here. Mine has CM11, but it looks an hw problem, as it appears also in the recovery.
Same thing when it's plugged to the charger.

May 1, 2014
Take it back if it's in warranty or take it somewhere to be repaired as it sounds like a hardware or driver problem. You couldn't fix the drivers without being well experienced :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for it.

As it's a second hand phone (bought to another one), Google said me to gave their some data, like my name, serial number from the telephone... but didn't explain where to send thouse if I would need to take of the warranty. I mailed them, but with their speed, I could take some weeks. You know where to send it? If not, it's ok.

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
Hey, I have the same issue on my N4! Started on Tuesday night. I am on a custom ROM at the moment. It started as a problem on Paranoid Android BETA 2 but has persisted over Slimkat ROM and others along with different kernels. I am not sure if it is a hardware issue although it is restricted to the bottom ~5% of the screen (i.e. the navbar). Over the past 24 hours it has become worse. I have the screen touch pointer enabled in developer options and I can see it slide left to right extremely fast and doesn't stop unless I lock the screen and it happens randomly no matter what app I'm in! I really hope it isn't a hardware issue although I have never dropped the phone nor had this problem prior to earlier this week. The logcat from paranoid android shows powerHAL is acting up and that some file does not exist on my phone which should be there apparently. Please let me know if you find a solution :(

sp99

Apr 26, 2014
Heswall
Ok thanks for it.

As it's a second hand phone (bought to another one), Google said me to gave their some data, like my name, serial number from the telephone... but didn't explain where to send thouse if I would need to take of the warranty. I mailed them, but with their speed, I could take some weeks. You know where to send it? If not, it's ok.

If you go through Google online support its normally very quick, or you could just take it to a local phone fixing place which would be cheaper if its not in warranty.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Hey, I have the same issue on my N4! Started on Tuesday night. I am on a custom ROM at the moment. It started as a problem on Paranoid Android BETA 2 but has persisted over Slimkat ROM and others along with different kernels. I am not sure if it is a hardware issue although it is restricted to the bottom ~5% of the screen (i.e. the navbar). Over the past 24 hours it has become worse. I have the screen touch pointer enabled in developer options and I can see it slide left to right extremely fast and doesn't stop unless I lock the screen and it happens randomly no matter what app I'm in! I really hope it isn't a hardware issue although I have never dropped the phone nor had this problem prior to earlier this week. The logcat from paranoid android shows powerHAL is acting up and that some file does not exist on my phone which should be there apparently. Please let me know if you find a solution :(

Try clearing the cache partition or a factory reset.
--EDIT--
Also try clearing the delvik cache!

Last edited:
May 1, 2014
If you go through Google online support its normally very quick, or you could just take it to a local phone fixing place which would be cheaper if its not in warranty.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

--EDIT--

I tried with both "wipe" options that gives in when holding down button + power button when it's off. Nor of both solved it, I made that last day. Let's see how many days are till Google answers me.

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012

--EDIT--

Already tried this various times, does nothing to fix it. Think it may just be the digitizer after all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even with the screen protector? Can try it. If it's the touch drivers, how can they be "reparired"?

It's probably the screen protector causing the problem, take it off and then try using the phone again and see what happens.

Well, for the moment I've done a wipe from all data, the other option from the "recovery menu", and it's been a while using it, and the problem doesn't shows, non of both i mention.

Let's see if this continue like this. Tomorrow I'll let you know.

thanks for all!

You're welcome :) Remember to press the thanks/thumbs up button!