All share cast Dongle

Search This thread

chico260

Nov 30, 2013
after I upgraded to kit kat, seems I can no longer connect to my all share cast hub .. it's discoverable but when I connect it fails .. anyone else having this problem ... I can't find anything online about a fix either ... Thanks in advance. .. rooted 4.4.2 ... JB kit kat killer 1.0 ..twrp recovery

Edit :
this is what fixed mine being on a rooted custom rom Josh beach.. k3 1.0.0 .. 4.4.2

You'll need the stock kit kat kernel an be on kit kat 4.4.2 to get all share dongle to work

1.Download teamblaze rom

2. Go into twrp do an nan back up of your current rom (back up every option) boot .. efs.. modem .. data.. etc....

3. Go back to home in twrp .. Do a wipe /factory reset / advanced wipe .. wipe everything EXCEPT internal an external

4. Go back to home twrp locate an install/flash teamblaze rom (not gonna explain how to flash a rom).. you should get successful on screen if you flashed teamblaze rom correctly.. do not reboot system just yet

5. Go back to home twrp click backup (which is now teamblaze) .. ONLY SELECT " BOOT" OPTION (this is stock kernel which is required for all share cast dongle to work properly) an swipe .. Should get successful on screen

6. Go back to home twrp click restore .. locate the rom you restored at the beginning of this thread click on it .... UNCHECK ONLY "BOOT" OPTION an the restore ... DO NOT REBOOT YET

7. GO back to home twrp click restore an locate teamblaze .. click that .. Their should be a " boot " (that's the stock kernel ) swipe and reboot

Now you should have your rom of choice with stock kernel .. . This is what worked for me .. If you f**k up your phone is not on me js

I wanted to thank teamblaze rom for having stock kernel

Please leave a comment an let me know if this works for you guys

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joe1blue

Dec 27, 2010
Boynton Beach
Well after I upgraded to kit kat, seems I can no longer connect to my all share cast hub .. it's discoverable but when I connect it fails .. anyone else having this problem ... I can't find anything online about a fix either ... Thanks in advance. .. rooted 4.4.2 ... JB kit kat killer 1.0 ..twrp recovery

This is what I was told " Always use stock Samsung software, if you are using a modified non stock software you will always lose the mirroring function. So I reflashed everything to stock and everything worked again and I hate being stock ?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium HD app

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
I mirror my phone to my TV all of the time but my TV has the functionality built in so I don't use the dongle.. I'm rooted with custom software.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

klibo84

Jun 12, 2012
I actually tried it.. but it said patch not needed before I did it the way I posted.. Also .. it's not being rooted that breaks all share cast dongle connection .. it's the kernel from what I gather from reading

Ah well, I could not test hence the maby. I was hoping I had found you an easier way. So for users that the app says pach needed still worth a try. But if it says not needed back to OP.

EDIT: sorry not worth trying due to the kernel. I see.

Last edited:
Reactions: chico260

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
I'm on KitKatKiller with the Beastmode kernel and the Allshare Cast Dongle is working perfectly. You no longer need to be on stock kernel.

Reactions: chico260

chico260

Nov 30, 2013
If you are asking which kernel...I am on the one that came with the rom...Version 3.4.0
I am still on version 1.0 of the rom.

Kernel 3.4.0 is stock I believe .. whenever I flashed beastmode the kernel would say beastmode.. Maybe test 1.0 .0 k3 has stock

Last edited:

chico260

Nov 30, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    after I upgraded to kit kat, seems I can no longer connect to my all share cast hub .. it's discoverable but when I connect it fails .. anyone else having this problem ... I can't find anything online about a fix either ... Thanks in advance. .. rooted 4.4.2 ... JB kit kat killer 1.0 ..twrp recovery

Edit :
    this is what fixed mine being on a rooted custom rom Josh beach.. k3 1.0.0 .. 4.4.2

You'll need the stock kit kat kernel an be on kit kat 4.4.2 to get all share dongle to work

1.Download teamblaze rom

2. Go into twrp do an nan back up of your current rom (back up every option) boot .. efs.. modem .. data.. etc....

3. Go back to home in twrp .. Do a wipe /factory reset / advanced wipe .. wipe everything EXCEPT internal an external

4. Go back to home twrp locate an install/flash teamblaze rom (not gonna explain how to flash a rom).. you should get successful on screen if you flashed teamblaze rom correctly.. do not reboot system just yet

5. Go back to home twrp click backup (which is now teamblaze) .. ONLY SELECT " BOOT" OPTION (this is stock kernel which is required for all share cast dongle to work properly) an swipe .. Should get successful on screen

6. Go back to home twrp click restore .. locate the rom you restored at the beginning of this thread click on it .... UNCHECK ONLY "BOOT" OPTION an the restore ... DO NOT REBOOT YET

7. GO back to home twrp click restore an locate teamblaze .. click that .. Their should be a " boot " (that's the stock kernel ) swipe and reboot

Now you should have your rom of choice with stock kernel .. . This is what worked for me .. If you f**k up your phone is not on me js

I wanted to thank teamblaze rom for having stock kernel

Please leave a comment an let me know if this works for you guys

I actually tried it.. but it said patch not needed before I did it the way I posted.. Also .. it's not being rooted that breaks all share cast dongle connection .. it's the kernel from what I gather from reading

Ah well, I could not test hence the maby. I was hoping I had found you an easier way. So for users that the app says pach needed still worth a try. But if it says not needed back to OP.

EDIT: sorry not worth trying due to the kernel. I see.
    I'm on KitKatKiller with the Beastmode kernel and the Allshare Cast Dongle is working perfectly. You no longer need to be on stock kernel.
    Kernel 3.4.0 is stock I believe .. whenever I flashed beastmode the kernel would say beastmode.. Maybe test 1.0 .0 k3 has stock

No it is beastmode... It says 3.4.0-beastmode freeza
    I finally found a way for it to work download this*
    Check out "Flashify (for root users)"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llner.flashify

Then use this app to flash select boot image when flashing using flashify

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ky4m2fwobibh5je/boot.img*

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium HD app