LTE to 4G

Search This thread

anakdayak

Jan 8, 2013
Hi can somebody help or guide me on how to change the icon of lte to 4g for the status bar?

Last edited:

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Could you shorten your post please? All the information is a bit overwhelming so it's hard to extract the exact issue or question...

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
Hi can somebody help or guide me on how to change the icon of lte to 4g for the status bar?
If you're running a deodexed rom you can manually replace the .png file in "SystemUI.apk" (located in /system/priv-app/) or "framework-res.apk" (located in /system/framework/). I'm not exactly sure which of these 2 files contains the .png file('s) you're looking for, so give it a shot!

anakdayak

Jan 8, 2013
If you're running a deodexed rom you can manually replace the .png file in "SystemUI.apk" (located in /system/priv-app/) or "framework-res.apk" (located in /system/framework/). I'm not exactly sure which of these 2 files contains the .png file('s) you're looking for, so give it a shot!

Tnx mate I do remember someone post by editing the build prop but then seems like I cannot find where it is.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Its not the build.prop

SystemUI.apk and framework-re.apk

SystemUI.apk is in system/app and framework-res.apk is in system/framework

You can pull them to your PC and then open them with WinRAR (Or similar) and find the .pngs which you can just change

They will be in the res folder.

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
Its not the build.prop

You can pull them to your PC and then open them with WinRAR (Or similar) and find the .pngs which you can just change

"system/priv-app" mate. ;)

Hackberrybold

Jun 13, 2012
The Hague
Flash this in recovery:
LTE ICON:
https://app.box.com/s/ms3pi2iuc67j64lco20n
4G ICON:
https://app.box.com/s/i4z7v8dekm67o2bnhc3j

my7y3u8u.jpg

ybe4yra6.jpg

Sent from my Rooted C6903 using XDA Premium

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Its not the build.prop

If I pull them out to PC the apk, open them with WinRAR, find the .pngs which I will replace, save the replaced ones with WinRAR, put them back to system/app and system/framework, overwrite the original one (backup them first), reboot, it will work?

Top Liked Posts