Bluetooth keyboard compatability

Search This thread

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
Hey so how many people have the Bluetooth keyboard/Bluetooth mouse problem where the connection cuts off after a few seconds and you cannot type? Is this indicative of a bad unit or is it a problem with the firmware and an update should fix it? Tried logitech, some China brand and another off amazon. None work continuously. It just disconnects and then if you type something it connects soon after..so frustrating cause I need a keyboard
Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Hey so how many people have the Bluetooth keyboard/Bluetooth mouse problem where the connection cuts off after a few seconds and you cannot type? Is this indicative of a bad unit or is it a problem with the firmware and an update should fix it? Tried logitech, some China brand and another off amazon. None work continuously. It just disconnects and then if you type something it connects soon after..so frustrating cause I need a keyboard

When the N10.1-14 first came out there were reports of the same issue you're describing. It seemed to have quieted down. It is a h/w issue because people who exchanged their devices and got new ones no longer had problems using the same previously problematic HID devices including the Logitech K810. I'm a pretty heavy BT user and (knock on wood) have never had an issue.

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
Yea I contacted Samsung for repair. Hopefully it will fix..I really don't want to go back to the iPad due to iOS..everything about this tablet Is so nice

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda premium

monicakm

Jan 9, 2014
Yea I contacted Samsung for repair. Hopefully it will fix..I really don't want to go back to the iPad due to iOS..everything about this tablet Is so nice

Hope they can fix it for you. I use a Logitech K810 BT keyboard and a Jawbone Jambox BT speaker w/ my GN/2014. Never had a problem with either one disconnecting. Just in case Samsung doesn't fix it (they don't have the best track record), can you exchange it for another one?

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
Nope unfortunately I bought it back in January so I gotta get it fixed or I gotta sell it lol.

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
But seems like a lot are having luck with the Logitech 810.. May give that a try

sequence2469

Dec 28, 2013
socal
I had the same problem with the k810 tried other keyboards as well. I also believe it probably is a h/w issue. I rooted mine am running Scotts rom-clean rom 2.0 r2. I installed a root enabled app called Bluetooth keyboard easy connect by Mike Van Den Sluis, and also found another root enabled app called Bluetooth keyboard bug fix by Felipe Porge. I also don't have Samsung keyboard installed I'm using Google keyboard. With those changes I have fixed the problem and am no longer having any problems, I'm not convinced that the bug fix app actually did anything but in following the instructions for the BT keyboard easy connect and also granting superuser permission the problem is solved. My only problem is with clean ROM none of my air commands are working, not sure if it's due to something I did or if they are just not enabled with clean ROM.

Solyomszem

Mar 21, 2008
Guys,
It seems a software-solution might've been found. Check the BT Keyboard thread (14 pages long). (I do not know if re-posting is allowed or not...)
Regards,
Solyomszem

Sent with Tapatalk from SM-P600