[XPOSED][KK] Lockscreen Wallpaper with PA See-Through (updated: May 13)

Search This thread

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
Backgorund

I like having a different wallpaper on the lockscreen than the homescreen, but a lot of the ROMs don't support that. GravityBox does that, but it's too heavy weight for my taste (oh so many features!). A lot of people have been asking for the See Through blurred lockscreen from SaberMod and PA4.0 as well, so I figured I will write a module myself :)

Requirements
  • Xposed Framework
  • Android KitKat (Stock Google or AOSP)

Features
  • Set lockscreen background with solid color
  • Set lockscreen background with custom image from gallery
  • Set lockscreen background as a semi-see-through "frosted glass" (SaberMod and PA)

Known issues
  • Custom image only works for local images (from gallery)

Credits

Source
https://github.com/ctbear/xposed-lockscreen-wallpaper

Xposed Repo
http://repo.xposed.info/module/jh.xposed.lockscreenwallpaper

I wrote this mostly for myself, and I don't expect to keep adding features. I have only N5 and N7 2013 (and they both run 4.4.2) so I probably won't support anything below KitKat.

Screenshots

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog
  • May 13, 2014 - 1.6.2 - Add Russian and Ukrainian translations (thanks @JRoot3D)
  • Apr 4, 2014 - 1.6.1 - Fix for SlimROM for real this time (thanks @JKab)
  • Mar 31, 2014 - 1.6 - Fix module not working on SlimROM. Add Slovenian translation (thanks kv1dr)
  • Mar 11, 2014 - 1.5 - Attempt to fix crash at boot for CM. Update FR and PL translations (thanks @Micks29 and @MPL92)
  • Feb 13, 2014 - 1.4.1 - Add PL translation (thanks @MPL92)
  • Feb 12, 2014 - 1.4 - Landscape (rotation) should be fixed. This includes custom wallpaper and see-through. Add PT-BR (thanks DigitalJosee) and FR translations (thanks @YoshiFrance)
  • Jan 27, 2014 - 1.3 - Add preference to set how "blurry" the image is. Applicable to custom image and see-through.
  • Jan 18, 2014 - 1.2 - Refactor a lot of code to be faster and more reliable - this should fix see through for most people now. Fix delay when turning screen off. Fix see through image persists through power cycle.
  • Jan 17, 2014 - New test build here. Please try and report back.
  • Jan 16, 2014 - 1.1 - Many fixes, hopefully it works more reliably now. Also fixed landscape see through.
  • Jan 16, 2014 - 1.0 - First release (please help me test it!)

Attachments

• XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.1.apk
    34.9 KB · Views: 15,892
  • XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.2.apk
    35.3 KB · Views: 30,974
  • XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.3.apk
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.4.apk
    41.1 KB · Views: 426
  • XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.4.1.apk
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,462
  • XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.5.apk
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,037
  • XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.6.apk
    43.7 KB · Views: 549
  • XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.6.1.apk
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,815
  • XposedLockscreenWallpaper_1.6.2.apk
    46.7 KB · Views: 18,562
Last edited:

iSecks

Nov 30, 2009
Hmm, I can't get the blur to work, it just shows my default wallpaper. Neither does the custom image mode.

Do you think something else could be interfering? I'm on a Moto X.

Reactions: manfio

winapp2

Jan 19, 2013
Seems to be hit/miss for me. Sometimes the blur works, other times I just get my default lock screen. Weird.

jfltevzw running cm11 if it matters

adrian.aitken

Sep 28, 2013
See through works for me but custom image shows as a black screen.
Personal request - please hide the icon from the app drawer, it can be accessed via the Xposed installer so no need to clutter up the screen with yet more icons.

Many thanks
Adrian

Edited: colour fill works.
When selected a custom image, a toast message briefly flashes up saying 'no application installed' then 'background changed'. If I select a .png from inside my file manager, the Xperia Album starts and shows the image so the file association is there. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: victorvscn

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Running 4.4.2 on an SGS4:

* Color fill works fine
* Custom image works fine. Blur as well.
* See through works fine. Tinting makes no difference however.

All in all: happy :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: matapr0

DigitalJosee

Mar 1, 2013
Working fine on Razr XT910, I'm using ParanoidAndroid 4.4.2 with JBX Kernel.
BTW Great job dev, loved it!

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Even if you don't plan on supporting under KK, could you compile with API level 16 instead of 19? Maybe it runs just fine on JB and it would be a shame to pass on this module if it does.

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
Please add to xposed repo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Will do when I can get it more stable.

Can you share the source?

I will do that after I clean up all the debugging junk in my code.

Hmm, I can't get the blur to work, it just shows my default wallpaper. Neither does the custom image mode.

Do you think something else could be interfering? I'm on a Moto X.

Do you have GravityBox installed?

See through works for me but custom image shows as a black screen.
Personal request - please hide the icon from the app drawer, it can be accessed via the Xposed installer so no need to clutter up the screen with yet more icons.

Many thanks
Adrian

Edited: colour fill works.
When selected a custom image, a toast message briefly flashes up saying 'no application installed' then 'background changed'. If I select a .png from inside my file manager, the Xperia Album starts and shows the image so the file association is there. Any ideas?

Does it work when you use the lockscreen settings on GravityBox? it is the same code.

Even if you don't plan on supporting under KK, could you compile with API level 16 instead of 19? Maybe it runs just fine on JB and it would be a shame to pass on this module if it does.

I can build one later and let others try.

Reactions: Rosli59564

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I knew a lot of things will break for something so low level in the system :crying:
Can you try the followings if things are not working correctly?
  • None of the modes work, or it just gives me a black lockscreen - if you have similar modules installed, try deactivating them
  • Setting custom image doesn't work - try using GravityBox and see if it works there

I think I have an idea why the see through works on and off. I will upload a test build when I get off work tonight.

Thanks!

Reactions: nsmith4

elgranchuy

Sep 28, 2013
See through style not working

I have a nexus5 with stock rom and kitkat 4.4.2. All the styles work, except the see through.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Backgorund

I like having a different wallpaper on the lockscreen than the homescreen, but a lot of the ROMs don't support that. GravityBox does that, but it's too heavy weight for my taste (oh so many features!). A lot of people have been asking for the See Through blurred lockscreen from SaberMod and PA4.0 as well, so I figured I will write a module myself :)

Requirements
    • Xposed Framework
    • Android KitKat (Stock Google or AOSP)

Features
    • Set lockscreen background with solid color
    • Set lockscreen background with custom image from gallery
    • Set lockscreen background as a semi-see-through "frosted glass" (SaberMod and PA)

Known issues
    • Custom image only works for local images (from gallery)

Credits

Source
    https://github.com/ctbear/xposed-lockscreen-wallpaper

Xposed Repo
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/jh.xposed.lockscreenwallpaper

I wrote this mostly for myself, and I don't expect to keep adding features. I have only N5 and N7 2013 (and they both run 4.4.2) so I probably won't support anything below KitKat.

Screenshots

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog
    • May 13, 2014 - 1.6.2 - Add Russian and Ukrainian translations (thanks @JRoot3D)
    • Apr 4, 2014 - 1.6.1 - Fix for SlimROM for real this time (thanks @JKab)
    • Mar 31, 2014 - 1.6 - Fix module not working on SlimROM. Add Slovenian translation (thanks kv1dr)
    • Mar 11, 2014 - 1.5 - Attempt to fix crash at boot for CM. Update FR and PL translations (thanks @Micks29 and @MPL92)
    • Feb 13, 2014 - 1.4.1 - Add PL translation (thanks @MPL92)
    • Feb 12, 2014 - 1.4 - Landscape (rotation) should be fixed. This includes custom wallpaper and see-through. Add PT-BR (thanks DigitalJosee) and FR translations (thanks @YoshiFrance)
    • Jan 27, 2014 - 1.3 - Add preference to set how "blurry" the image is. Applicable to custom image and see-through.
    • Jan 18, 2014 - 1.2 - Refactor a lot of code to be faster and more reliable - this should fix see through for most people now. Fix delay when turning screen off. Fix see through image persists through power cycle.
    • Jan 17, 2014 - New test build here. Please try and report back.
    • Jan 16, 2014 - 1.1 - Many fixes, hopefully it works more reliably now. Also fixed landscape see through.
    • Jan 16, 2014 - 1.0 - First release (please help me test it!)
    I'm also on SlimKat and since last update I can't replace the wallpaper anymore.

Here is the error log from Xposed. I hope this helps and you can fix this problem.

Code:
    Loading modules from /data/app/jh.xposed.lockscreenwallpaper-1.apk
      Loading class jh.xposed.lockscreenwallpaper.XposedLockscreenWallpaper
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.android.keyguard.KeyguardViewManager#maybeCreateKeyguardLocked(boolean,boolean,android.os.Bundle)#exact
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExact(XposedHelpers.java:208)
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExact(XposedHelpers.java:155)
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:167)
    	at jh.xposed.lockscreenwallpaper.ModLockscreen.init(ModLockscreen.java:54)
    	at jh.xposed.lockscreenwallpaper.XposedLockscreenWallpaper.handleLoadPackage(XposedLockscreenWallpaper.java:32)
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.IXposedHookLoadPackage$Wrapper.handleLoadPackage(IXposedHookLoadPackage.java:20)
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XC_LoadPackage.call(XC_LoadPackage.java:34)
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XCallback.callAll(XCallback.java:70)
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge$2.beforeHookedMethod(XposedBridge.java:208)
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.handleHookedMethod(XposedBridge.java:607)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Native Method)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:138)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1259)
    	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5050)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
    	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)
    	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:605)
    	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)
    	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Two builds ago Slim made some changes to the lockscreen code to allow things like no frames on widgets, full coloring on everything on the lockscreen, and lockscreen rotation. I'm sure something that was changed is causing the module to not work at all anymore on Slim as I have experienced the same thing. Tested by flashing the previous build without all the lockscreen changes and the module worked. It'd be awesome if you got the module working for Slim users but I understand if you didn't since it's near impossible to get/keep this working on every ROM on every device.

Hi everyone!

I'm on SlimKat for GT-I9300 (International Samsung Galaxy S3) and since last update (SlimKat build 3.10) I can't set a background style. Simply do nothing when setting any option. It's like no Xposed Framework installed. All my other mods work fine and I've been using this mod from start.

Any idea? Fix?

Thanks!!!

I've found the cause for this. Slim changed the method signature to accept different parameters, so Xposed is now unable to find and hook that particular method. Shouldn't be hard to fix.
    I have just sent a pull request on your github for SlimROM, hope you will find it useful :)

Amazing mod by the way.

Thanks I haven't got the time to fix it yet.
    I just merged it and will push an update tonight after a few minor adjustments.
    Alright new test build. I flashed the stock 4.4.2 ROM tonight and fixed a few of the remaining problems. Also refactored a large portion of the code so it should be faster and more reliable now.

Again if it doesn't work, follow the instruction in this post and report with your result.

EDIT: If you are seeing cases where relocking the phone from lockscreen clears the image, try this build.
    Sure, log in attachment.

Thanks.
    I think I know why it's still broken on Slim. Derp on my part, will fix soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk