[Q] Recovery boot error

Search This thread

N12X93R

Jan 30, 2013
I used FreeGee to try to install a custom recovery after root. First TWRP, stuck at performing action. Then CWM. Then the older CWM. Always stuck at performing action. The old CWM worked. Reboot to recovery and get security boot error. Looked around on forums and found a CWM batch install that everyone says works for them. Still recovery boot error. Anyone know what's up? I'm on AT&T D800. Rooted by ioroot25

Also RomManager says I have both recoveries installed. Thinking this might be the issue. How do I delete one or both and get on the right track?

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I used FreeGee to try to install a custom recovery after root. First TWRP, stuck at performing action. Then CWM. Then the older CWM. Always stuck at performing action. The old CWM worked. Reboot to recovery and get security boot error. Looked around on forums and found a CWM batch install that everyone says works for them. Still recovery boot error. Anyone know what's up? I'm on AT&T D800. Rooted by ioroot25

Also RomManager says I have both recoveries installed. Thinking this might be the issue. How do I delete one or both and get on the right track?

no you can't get recovery on kk because they patched our recovery/loki exploit on kk bootloader

Purav786

Dec 2, 2013
not able to boot in recovery on Lg g2 802.. with stock 4.4. 2

I have rooted my LG G2 using ioroot 25 and used Flashify tool to flash TWRp 2.7.0.0 however getting boot certification error.
I have 802 model updated on LG 4.4.2.
Please help want install CM11 snapshot build.

Drachenminister

Oct 27, 2010
I have rooted my LG G2 using ioroot 25 and used Flashify tool to flash TWRp 2.7.0.0 however getting boot certification error.
I have 802 model updated on LG 4.4.2.
Please help want install CM11 snapshot build.

Safest way is to go back to stock 4.2.2 first, then root with IOroot then install recovery.lok

Drachenminister

Oct 27, 2010
Thanks again for quick help however I have checked the downgrade process and its too long plus I have to download stock 4.2.2 firmware which is 1GB plus in size..

So is there no easy method to install recovery on already rooted stock 4.4.2 firmware?

No, no easy one, and some might even say none at all, but you can read the rooting thread where they discuss recovery as well http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448887