[Q] Poor mobile network connectivity...

Search This thread

dcmovin

Jul 20, 2010
Verizon M8, live in Washington DC.

I am consistently getting stuck on 3G or single-bar LTE in or outdoors on my M8 in DC and in N. VA.

While on single-bar LTE (or sometimes 2 bar) I'm also getting poor network throughput. Like 2mbps down, .9 up. Sometimes I might actually get 3-6mbps down, and 1-2 up.

This is piss poor. My Moto X had LTE all day all over the place. Wasn't even sure the X had a 3G mode.

Curious if anyone is experiencing this.

I will say the phone walks circles around the X in speed, fluid UI, WiFi performance and reception, and the display is leaps and bounds better. I don't even mind the size of the M8. But if I can't sort this network thing out soon, I'm going to end up dropping it out of my car window some day!

OneNutShort

Mar 29, 2010
Huntington Beach
Verizon M8, live in Washington DC.

I am consistently getting stuck on 3G or single-bar LTE in or outdoors on my M8 in DC and in N. VA.

While on single-bar LTE (or sometimes 2 bar) I'm also getting poor network throughput. Like 2mbps down, .9 up. Sometimes I might actually get 3-6mbps down, and 1-2 up.

This is piss poor. My Moto X had LTE all day all over the place. Wasn't even sure the X had a 3G mode.

Curious if anyone is experiencing this.

I will say the phone walks circles around the X in speed, fluid UI, WiFi performance and reception, and the display is leaps and bounds better. I don't even mind the size of the M8. But if I can't sort this network thing out soon, I'm going to end up dropping it out of my car window some day!
I started experiencing this too (Southern California). I got this phone at launch, and didn't start having the problem of 3G until maybe a couple weeks ago. I hadn't changed anything, so I assumed it was Verizon's network rather than the phone's radio. I know they're making some changes to their lte network, so I wonder if that could be to blame. As of now the only solution I have found is to toggle airplane mode. Definitely sucks :(

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
I agree it's the network, not the phone. I have seen speeds of 30 Mbs down, if I'm in a perfect reception area, but 99.9% of the time I'm getting less than 1 Mbs up and down. I wouldn't even mind this since I'm usually within reach of Wi-Fi. I just object to being charged for a data plan when it's useless to me.

dcmovin

Jul 20, 2010
yes, they're turning on AWS or "XLTE" - our phones can access that band, and it's supposed to be faster, and I think support VOLTE (voice over LTE). The idea was that it was just them turning it on, then our phones would just magically use it.

Maybe our phone is having issues accessing the AWS band, and are in some sort of network limbo?

I recall back in the day there was some sort of mode you could go into to have your phone re-connect to nearest tower, etc.. but I can't remember if that was GSM phones, or for older EDGE phones.

NoFanboy

Oct 4, 2013
I should go outside...
This happened to me too. Got the phone at launch and the lte has been this slow. I'm convinced I have a defective unit. Gonna call vzw when the red one comes out and get a replacement.

Springy_Minaj

Aug 10, 2012
Albany, New York
twitter.com
Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I'm going to wait it out one more week try flashing another ROM and then just call Verizon, its been happening for about two weeks now.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk