TMobile FTW!!!

Search This thread

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
So, in case you didnt notice, TMobile had a event last night as well as Amazon..
For us TMO users, some great news!

-Free unlimited music streaming, not to count against your data
-a new Music station, in conjunction with Rhapsody, free for t mo users
-VOLTE in 16 more cities now..
- a new program that allows a 7 day, "free test of TMO network" with the use of an Iphone 5S to try their network!!!

I just did a speed test inside my house, in the Suburbs of Chicago, one of the new VOLTE cities..

43 megs down, 13 megs up, in my BASEMENT!!!

Kudos to TMO for kicking the competitors to the curb!

http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/18/t-mobile-lte-now-in-16-us-markets-volte-now-covers-100-million-people/

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/t...y-wireless-again.htm?AID=11031750&PID=6147683

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-rhapsody-introduce-unradio.htm

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-sets-your-music-free.htm

Reactions: bbobarino

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I'm in Columbus, Ohio one of the Wideband LTE markets and my speeds haven't gone any higher yet so not sure it's activated in my area yet. Still good speeds without Wideband LTE.

I don't think VOLTE is big deal.

I'm still kind of pissy that T-Mobile pulled a fast one and sent me renew later for my discount but dropped the association. lol I told TmoNews about and they did a story on it. Back when T-Mobile tried to drop discounts but didn't because customers were pissed they said current people with a discount would be grandfathered in. I have 4 lines and the savings was over 20 bucks. Not all about the money just the way T-Mobile messed up the discount thing not once but twice and I'm not alone. I have a discount AT&T and Verizon and looking into Cricket Aio.

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/06/aaa-and-pta-members-losing-their-t-mobile-monthly-discount/

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
well, after dealing with the horrible Sprint Network, and the horrible death star of ATT, for me, at least, TMobile is a fantastic, breath of fresh air..

God help us if they merge with Sprint..

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I was with Sprint 14 years and left them a year ago for T-Mobile because they kept telling my slow web speeds was because of four of my phones were defective. lol If the Sprin T-Mobile merger happens I'm probably gone even if T-Mobile is running the show. I don't see how the will lower prices like the Softbank owner says but probably awhile before it happens if it happens at all. The good thing is T-Mobile is lowering prices for all the carriers.

Sorry I'll shut up now. haha

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
yeah, quit hijacking my threads!!!

I had Sprint for 10 years, and actually liked them alot, until they were bought by Softbank; then they became just as tough to deal with as ATT/Verizon, plus, their network went to hell, and even though Chicago was one of their first cities with the new network, we couldn't even make calls in our house, let alone get any reliable data speed..

I am counting on the FTC to not let this merger happen, and if they do, I will probably just buy a Virgin Mobile phone and go that route; all the "major" carriers really suck now, except TMO, IMO, and its not worth partnering with any of them at this point.

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Well apparently the rhapsody deal is only for the credit check unlimited plans. If you're on the no credit check unlimited plan you have to pay Four to Ten dollars for service. I've been having issues the past few day with my service in Dallas getting 5-10megs where I normally get 35-50 megs down and for a long time. Apparently there is something going on that should be corrected in the next 72hrs said the T-Mobile rep. I'm hoping they're upgrading or something, but I don't see getting much higher than I'm used to atm.

EDIT: Well after reading Dallas is also one of the cities supposed to recieve volte today so that could be the reason for the current troubles.

Last edited:

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
Wait so this music thing, you can use it without it affecting your data? Cus I have 2gb and it would kill my data

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

brons2

Jun 10, 2012
Austin, Texas
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I'm in Columbus, Ohio one of the Wideband LTE markets and my speeds haven't gone any higher yet so not sure it's activated in my area yet. Still good speeds without Wideband LTE.

I don't think VOLTE is big deal.

I'm still kind of pissy that T-Mobile pulled a fast one and sent me renew later for my discount but dropped the association. lol I told TmoNews about and they did a story on it. Back when T-Mobile tried to drop discounts but didn't because customers were pissed they said current people with a discount would be grandfathered in. I have 4 lines and the savings was over 20 bucks. Not all about the money just the way T-Mobile messed up the discount thing not once but twice and I'm not alone. I have a discount AT&T and Verizon and looking into Cricket Aio.

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/06/aaa-and-pta-members-losing-their-t-mobile-monthly-discount/

Tmo has not dropped state employee discounts. I switched from Verizon because they were cleaning me out even with their discounts. Tmo costs me 80/mo less than big red. And the coverage in the sticks with Tmo is not as bad as I thought it would be.

Btw just got my G2 the other day and I am loving this phone!

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

sweets55

May 25, 2009
My dad is retired from the military so I'm going to make him a authorized user so we can get our discount back.

T-Mobile couldn't tell me what 16 Wideband markets were active. Then another T-Mobile told me "although wideband LTE is available in 16 markets every tower in that market may not support it yet. We will continue to improve and you will continue to see advancements in the future! A customers reply "if T-Mobile doesn't have the info on when these cities would be activated why would T-Mobile announce that they are in 16 new cities now. They didn't say it's coming they said we are now in 16 new cities with wideband LTE. This is very unprofessional to say the least. Good point...

I really liked the G2 but the curved design got me with the Flex. The G2 would probably feel small now.

Top Liked Posts