Samsung galaxy tab sgh t849 can't connect in download mode.

Search This thread
Hi all...I have a very big problem. when I plug my tab into my pc it recognizes it with no problem until I try it in download mode the I get a message saying that my usb port has malfunctioned. Then I switch back to any other mode and its connects again with no problem until. I don't know what to do. I'm 2.2 and rooted but just want to install cwm or twrp recovery, update to 2.3 gingerbread and maybe flash a Rom. I can't connect to odin or the other when in download mode but they recognize it in regular mode with no problem. Please any help will do.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Can you stop Kies?
Or uninstall it, and only install Samsung usb driver.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
I guess you only have 3 (or 4) options to try:
- try heimdall
- try on another PC
- boot a livecd linux and and install heimdall on it.

(if you have a spare hard disk, just remove the current one, and stick a new disk and install a clean OS)

I guess you only have 3 (or 4) options to try:
- try heimdall
- try on another PC
- boot a livecd linux and and install heimdall on it.

(if you have a spare hard disk, just remove the current one, and stick a new disk and install a clean OS)

Sounds like I really only have 2 options
1. Try another computer because I've tried Heimdall and it's the same as Odin. It connects to both when in normal mode or even Samsungs recovery mode but when i put it in download mode, it's a no go.

2. Just stay on a rooted 2.2 (which sucks)

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Are you using the original cable?
Heard of some issue with non original, but I have a non original that works for me.

Also,
- factory reset, then boot to download mode, start Odin on PC, then lastly, connect the tab
- or may worth going to Device Manager, uninstall the driver, and delete the device (not sure if that is doable, not in front of a Microsoft OS), then click the scan for changes again to let it detect.

Reactions: lordhavmercy
Heard of some issue with non original, but I have a non original that works for me.

Also,
- factory reset, then boot to download mode, start Odin on PC, then lastly, connect the tab
- or may worth going to Device Manager, uninstall the driver, and delete the device (not sure if that is doable, not in front of a Microsoft OS), then click the scan for changes again to let it detect.

Sounds like that factory reset option might work, I'm going to try that when I get home around 10:30. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also,

I wonder if i can use adb to install cwm or twrp recovery......or if I can flash without being in download mode

shone.kameni

Mar 22, 2009
Hi. I have similar problem like lordhavmercy. When I connect tablet with PC on download mode and start Odin there is no yellow COM field just blank white field. My PC recognize it as a Samsung USB Composite Device:
http://prntscr.com/3p9hhu

Tablet (P1000) are on 2.2 Froyo and I think it is rooted. Somewhere I have read that if there Superuser icon that means it is rooted. I have Superuser Icon and that aplication look like this:
http://prntscr.com/3p9o2h

Is anyone have solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also,