Search This thread

AspenMan

Jun 25, 2007
Denver
I've searched high and low and haven't found anything on rooting the new Toshiba Excite AT305. Apparently there's an issue finding ADB drivers that will work with it.

I've had mine for a couple days and other than not being able to root I love it.

Has anyone had any luck rooting this tablet? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

soulburnerms

May 17, 2012
Last edited:

AspenMan

Jun 25, 2007
Denver
So far I really like the AT305. It does have a little light bleed but it's not that bad on mine, maybe I got lucky.

The only things I really miss about being rooted are AdFree and Titanium backup. Other than that I'm digging this tab.

The only things that came in the box are the USB cable (with Toshiba's proprietary connecter at one end, full size USB on the other) and the Wall USB charger, rated 5v/2000mHa. The user guide is just a quick start guide with the full guide in PDF format on the tablet

I do really like the fact you can charge this tablet off a standard USB port. I got an external battery for it to charge on the go and it's works perfectly (Amazon Link), and a micro USB host cable for it (Amazon Link). Be sure any external storage you're using is formatted to exFAT (or any other FAT formatting), NOT NTFS. It doesn't like NTFS. If you use an SD card formatted to NTSF it will be read only... Took me a while to figure this out...

Now let's hope the devs figure out root soon!!!!!

@AspenMan

im about to buy this same tablet today and i have the same doubt... i was googling and i've found this link - http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/toshiba-excite-10/ - an entire forum only about excite 10.... so... maybe... maybe they will have something soon.... i hope very very soon =)

Cheers =)

PS: mind to say a word here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26307077 ???

PS1: And this tablet comes with what in its box? charger + tablet + manual + what else???

mndshok

Sep 28, 2011
I happen to know that one developer has adb drivers now working for the at305. He has not posted them yet but I am hoping soon. Keep an eye on the at305 forum listed above. Hopefully we can get these tablets rooted soon.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 26, 2012
San Diego, CA
For those who are interested, we need help. None of the images we make for this sucker work and we don't know why. Google "Excite Root" and find the thread under thriveforums. (I cant post links because my account is new).

We need help, call in the calvalry.

jadzia2000

Jul 18, 2012
Hey everyone,

I am thinking about the at305.

I have the thrive 101 and is an okay tablet, except for the sound.

How's the video and sound on the 305?

Can you use a micro usb to usb dongle to attach an exfat external drive?

I was also thinking about the at330. again, can an exfat usb external hdd be used?

Hawk600

Sep 24, 2010
I received mine today from Costco, it as a 305 model 10" 16gb! There is a little light bleeding but almost unnoticeable.
It is one of the thinnest Tabs in the market, fast as my Nexus 7 and body and display are gorgeous!
The display is very bright and rich in colors and looks way better than my wife's Transformer; it is hard to believe is not an IPS dysplay with same resolution as the Transformer.
I only missing root :( !!!!!

Last edited:

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
Got even a better question....

Has anybody gotten the ADB drivers up and running (EVEN ON A $ instead of the # ?) Then, if you get the $, can you try to TEMP-ROOT?

:D I don't speak for myself here!

I have this:

/ $ uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.39.4-00017-gc3c5b56 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 24 10:14:26 JST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
/ $ su
sh: su: Permission denied
/ $

Last edited:

mndshok

Sep 28, 2011
I'll reply since no one else has. Unfortunately nothing good. Unless someone can hack the boot loader its dead in the water. Toshiba is no help (big surprise) and no one that I know of has hacked or is working on the boot loader. I actually got rid of mine today and am going to a different manufacturer all together. Sorry about the bad news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

popcorn900

Jun 9, 2012
I'll reply since no one else has. Unfortunately nothing good. Unless someone can hack the boot loader its dead in the water. Toshiba is no help (big surprise) and no one that I know of has hacked or is working on the boot loader. I actually got rid of mine today and am going to a different manufacturer all together. Sorry about the bad news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

well i guess a rooted device is not necessary because most apps are cracked, and i don't like using roms so i guess my tab will do. gota love open source os's.

Hawk600

Sep 24, 2010
Well, since Toshiba is making our lives so hard with a locked boot loader I am returning my 305.
It is an ok hardware, but after some comparison with a Transformer and a Nexus 7, the display has light bleed all over, browsing is frustrating, very slow and freezes (stock browser or Chrome) and Wi-Fi signal reception is half of TF101 or N7. (WiFi Analyzer app used to compare)
Custom roms could help or fix it but I won't risk my money and loose the returning period if Toshiba is pulling to the opposite way.
I will just buy an Asus quad or even Nexus10 as both have unlocked boot loaders and great dev support..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts