[APP][2.3+] Android HIFI - an AirPlay receiver

Search This thread

Android-HIFI

Jul 17, 2012
Android HIFI is an AirPlay receiver/server for audio playback. You can stream music to your Android device with it, from AirPlay clients, such as iTunes, iOS, etc.

Features:
- stream audio from AirPlay clients (itunes, iOS, ...)
- be able to adjust the delay, so that it is possible to play in sync with other AirPlay receivers, or sync with the video
- auto mute when there is an incoming call
- auto turn down the volume if your headset unplugged, or your Bluetooth device disconnected, to avoid noisy surprise
- run in the background as a service
- Google TV support (in testing stage)

Android HIFI on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_hifi.speaker

Reviews:
http://techsplurge.com/11817/airplay-for-android-stream-music-itunes-iphone-android/

Changelog:
1.9.4 Beta (Sep 26, 2012)
  • don't check WIFI connection at startup, since it can support Ethernet as well now

1.9.3 Beta (Sep 26, 2012)
  • refactor java codec for Google TV
  • add a setting option for selecting Network Interface

1.9.2 Beta (Sep 22, 2012)
  • minor bug fix
  • give an option of don't show buy license dialog at startup again

1.9.1 Beta (Sep 17, 2012)
  • fix an issue of version 1.9 that quit while connecting

1.9 Beta (Sep 17, 2012)
  • improve audio quality
  • improve compatibility with various kinds of AirPlay senders
  • Please purchase the license app if you would like to support the dev.

1.8 Beta (Aug 19, 2012)
  • support Airfoil
  • support renaming
  • support landscape orientation

1.7 Beta (Aug 6, 2012)
  • more precise delay controlling

1.6 Beta
  • fine-tune the UI
  • minor bug fix

1.5 (Beta) (Jul 20, 2012)
  • Fix the bug that don't work on ICS sometimes

1.4 (Beta) (Jul 19, 2012)
  • Decrypt with native openssl library

1.3 (Beta) (Jul 18, 2012)

1.2 (Beta) (Jul 17, 2012)
  • Fix the bug that cannot connect with iTunes sometimes

1.1 (Beta) (Jul 16, 2012)
  • Initial release

Last edited:

cirusnb

Aug 19, 2010
New Brunswick
Nice work dude

Very nice app, for a new (super new dev) I mean, dude, 2 thanks and a like 5 post, and already A article on the Portal at XDA. Just installed your app from the store. Loaded ITunes on my mac, selected HIFI. and VOILA. portable tunes.
Very very cool. Keep up the Nice work.

If you at looking for help on the Graphics / Icons ect.. (I know you have to concentrate on Coding, so really I don't expect a huge interface) PM me. This is a nice little project, and would like to help. and Yes, I know Eye candy is not everything.

I'm running Kyan Rom on my Galaxy SIII (SHG 747m, North American Variant)

Regards,
:)

Link to market : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_hifi.speaker

create-qr-code

Attached version I got on the Market :)

Attachments

• com.android_hifi.speaker-1.7beta.apk
    213.2 KB · Views: 3,805
Last edited:

TechMitchell

Aug 3, 2012
Amazing App

Amazing, I use this all the time now to stream music to my phone from iTunes, I put my phone in a speaker so basically I have airplay, thank you!!!

Reactions: Android-HIFI

Mister_Mxyzptlk

Dec 5, 2011
Louisville, KY
Thursday, August 9, 2012

Android-HIFI:

Apologies in advance if I'm being dense here; but when you said that this app functions as an AirPlay receiver/server, were you saying that this app has the ability to both receive and send audio? In short, does this app have the ability to stream audio to another AirPlay capable device? The reason I'm asking is this: I have sold/discarded/given away ALL of my Apple devices and replaced them with Android and/or other equivalent devices. However, even though I got rid of my Apple devices, I retained a large number of 3rd party manufactured accessories. Among these accessories are a pair of AirPlay speakers that have just been collecting dust since I went 'droid. So, using your app, would it be possible to use one of my Android devices to stream audio to my AirPlay speakers?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Take care and have a good one!

Thank you,
Ed (Mister_Mxyzptlk)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Kremlin987

Nov 29, 2010
I tried it out on my HTC Desire but it was very stuttered and the audio kept cutting in and out. After I paused iTunes, the music continued playing on the phone for a good 10 seconds before the stream stopped. I don't know if it's due to both the stream source (laptop with iTunes) and the phone are both on the same wireless network and it's congested, or if the Desire is simply too old to be able to do real time decoding of the stream. I'll play with it some more but I thought you might want to know. Let me know if you want a logcat or anything.

Thursday, August 9, 2012
Apologies in advance if I'm being dense here; but when you said that this app functions as an AirPlay receiver/server, were you saying that this app has the ability to both receive and send audio? In short, does this app have the ability to stream audio to another AirPlay capable device?
From what I saw, no. It is a receiver only (it is a server in the sense that the airtunes client, the player, connects to it and streams audio to it. It just waits for connections).

The reason I'm asking is this: I have sold/discarded/given away ALL of my Apple devices and replaced them with Android and/or other equivalent devices. However, even though I got rid of my Apple devices, I retained a large number of 3rd party manufactured accessories. Among these accessories are a pair of AirPlay speakers that have just been collecting dust
Try checking out Airfoil by Rogue Amoeba. The software runs on Windows, Mac OS, and even a CLI version of linux is available (although that might be just for the speakers). It supports streaming to Airplay enabled devices, including Android HIFI.

skyn8t

May 9, 2011
Not working on one X

Hi Android-HIFI,

App works like a charm on my xoom. installed it on the one x and it just says starting. It does not say "waiting for connection". My one x is stock.
Any reasons for this.

punshkin

Jan 6, 2010
awesome :D i can now have the same music play in sync in every room on my next party

one thing though, the music gets out of sync within 5 minuites so you have to readjust.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android HIFI is an AirPlay receiver/server for audio playback. You can stream music to your Android device with it, from AirPlay clients, such as iTunes, iOS, etc.

Features:
    - stream audio from AirPlay clients (itunes, iOS, ...)
    - be able to adjust the delay, so that it is possible to play in sync with other AirPlay receivers, or sync with the video
    - auto mute when there is an incoming call
    - auto turn down the volume if your headset unplugged, or your Bluetooth device disconnected, to avoid noisy surprise
    - run in the background as a service
    - Google TV support (in testing stage)

Android HIFI on Google Play:

Reviews:
    http://techsplurge.com/11817/airplay-for-android-stream-music-itunes-iphone-android/

Changelog:
    1.9.4 Beta (Sep 26, 2012)
    • don't check WIFI connection at startup, since it can support Ethernet as well now

1.9.3 Beta (Sep 26, 2012)
    • refactor java codec for Google TV
    • add a setting option for selecting Network Interface

1.9.2 Beta (Sep 22, 2012)
    • minor bug fix
    • give an option of don't show buy license dialog at startup again

1.9.1 Beta (Sep 17, 2012)
    • fix an issue of version 1.9 that quit while connecting

1.9 Beta (Sep 17, 2012)
    • improve audio quality
    • improve compatibility with various kinds of AirPlay senders
    • Please purchase the license app if you would like to support the dev.

1.8 Beta (Aug 19, 2012)
    • support Airfoil
    • support renaming
    • support landscape orientation

1.7 Beta (Aug 6, 2012)
    • more precise delay controlling

1.6 Beta
    • fine-tune the UI
    • minor bug fix

1.5 (Beta) (Jul 20, 2012)
    • Fix the bug that don't work on ICS sometimes

1.4 (Beta) (Jul 19, 2012)
    • Decrypt with native openssl library

1.3 (Beta) (Jul 18, 2012)

1.2 (Beta) (Jul 17, 2012)
    • Fix the bug that cannot connect with iTunes sometimes

1.1 (Beta) (Jul 16, 2012)
    • Initial release
    Nice work dude

Very nice app, for a new (super new dev) I mean, dude, 2 thanks and a like 5 post, and already A article on the Portal at XDA. Just installed your app from the store. Loaded ITunes on my mac, selected HIFI. and VOILA. portable tunes.
    Very very cool. Keep up the Nice work.

If you at looking for help on the Graphics / Icons ect.. (I know you have to concentrate on Coding, so really I don't expect a huge interface) PM me. This is a nice little project, and would like to help. and Yes, I know Eye candy is not everything.

I'm running Kyan Rom on my Galaxy SIII (SHG 747m, North American Variant)

Regards,
    :)

Link to market : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_hifi.speaker

create-qr-code

Attached version I got on the Market :)
    Thursday, August 9, 2012

Android-HIFI:

Apologies in advance if I'm being dense here; but when you said that this app functions as an AirPlay receiver/server, were you saying that this app has the ability to both receive and send audio? In short, does this app have the ability to stream audio to another AirPlay capable device? The reason I'm asking is this: I have sold/discarded/given away ALL of my Apple devices and replaced them with Android and/or other equivalent devices. However, even though I got rid of my Apple devices, I retained a large number of 3rd party manufactured accessories. Among these accessories are a pair of AirPlay speakers that have just been collecting dust since I went 'droid. So, using your app, would it be possible to use one of my Android devices to stream audio to my AirPlay speakers?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Take care and have a good one!

Thank you,
    Ed (Mister_Mxyzptlk)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    Will check when I'm home.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Edit: removed space
    Works with new version.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2