[Q] Quick dying battery/ Slow charge?

Search This thread

KSprec

Feb 13, 2013
I'm rooted unlocked and romd and my battery dies so fast and I can't tell why. The whole day I've set CPU to power save and even in the settings power save is turned on. No apps are left running. It's been 7 hours and I'm on 53%? Is this normal or is my battery bad? I'm running the latest GalaxyMod rom.

longboardskier

Sep 18, 2012
Get GSAM battery monitor off the market and let it run. It will show you what's using your battery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mikeman45

Oct 15, 2012
Maybe Try a different kernel. That has happened to me on certain kernels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

barrackOBAMA

Jan 17, 2013
I'm rooted unlocked and romd and my battery dies so fast and I can't tell why. The whole day I've set CPU to power save and even in the settings power save is turned on. No apps are left running. It's been 7 hours and I'm on 53%? Is this normal or is my battery bad? I'm running the latest GalaxyMod rom.

How many hours of screen on time is there for those seven hours.

I'd say any thing over one and a half hours of screen on time is pretty decent for 53% over seven hours

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

KSprec

Feb 13, 2013
It was only 45 mins of screen time on very low brightness

KSprec

Feb 13, 2013
Okay so my screen takes up 28% as for apps System and Kernel take up 14% each then Kik at 11% and Xda at 9% the rest don't use that much. Any advice?

rogue5099

Jan 14, 2011
Are you charging with wall charger or car charger? Car chargers give a quick charge that eventually ruins batteries if used often. Also others have said to let it drain completely and use CWM to reset battery info. Then full charge and wipe battery info again. Once fully charged unplug replug charger in until it takes less than 10 seconds to show fully charged and reset battery info again. Doing that 2-3 times is said to help refresh battery. I did it once and saw a slight difference.

KSprec

Feb 13, 2013
I'm just using a normal wall charger