[Q] HD+ brick ?

Search This thread

dtonebk

Aug 28, 2012
My HD+ ( running CM11.0 on Emmc) worked stable until yesterday. It crashed when i was watching youtube and can not start again.

Nothing happend when i try to start it, black screen all time. I tried "power + n button" method but it not works.

When i plug it into charger, just a green led, not orange as usual. If i hold power button for 10s, the light go out, but it green again after hit the power button one more time
When i connect it to computer, my computer said it was a " OMAP4470" device and can not fond any driver, and a green led on tablet

So can anyone tell me how to solve this? I'm Vietnam so i can not return this tablet to any B&N store.

( sorry for my bad English )

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
If you hook it up to a PC does it show up? Did you notice if it overheated or if there were any smells at the time?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Free mobile app

dtonebk

Aug 28, 2012
If you hook it up to a PC does it show up? Did you notice if it overheated or if there were any smells at the time?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Free mobile app

when i connect it with my computer, computer just only said that there is one new device name "OMAP4470" connected, and search for driver, but it can not find any driver

My Tablet worked normally, i have not seen any sight of brick :(:(:(

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
when i connect it with my computer, computer just only said that there is one new device name "OMAP4470" connected, and search for driver, but it can not find any driver

My Tablet worked normally, i have not seen any sight of brick :(:(:(
Have you tried booting with a bootable CWM SD?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

dtonebk

Aug 28, 2012
I even remove the battery, and assemble it again but nothing happend except green led

Is this an emmc corrupt error ?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I even remove the battery, and assemble it again but nothing happend except green led

It sounds like it. I suggest a warranty exchange. Don't tell them you had CM on it. Since it will not boot they cannot tell.

Edit: just looked back and see you are Vietnam. Not much you can do.

Edit2: you might try verygreen's noemmc version on SD. Search the forum for noemmc.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtonebk

dtonebk

Aug 28, 2012
It sounds like it. I suggest a warranty exchange. Don't tell them you had CM on it. Since it will not boot they cannot tell.

Edit2: you might try verygreen's noemmc version on SD. Search the forum for noemmc.

thanks

i tried to download IMG file to burn into SD card ( from this page " iamafanof.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/cm11-0-kitkat-android-4-4-2-for-bricked-no-emmc-nook-hd-02apr2014 " )
but unfortunately, the IMG is corrupted and i can not find any other site provide this file.

Any ideas ?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
thanks

i tried to download IMG file to burn into SD card ( from this page " iamafanof.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/cm11-0-kitkat-android-4-4-2-for-bricked-no-emmc-nook-hd-02apr2014 " )
but unfortunately, the IMG is corrupted and i can not find any other site provide this file.

Any ideas ?
Nope, the only other one I know is verygreen's and his is not CM11. And I think the one you were trying to download is for the HD, not the HD+.

dtonebk

Aug 28, 2012
Nope, the only other one I know is verygreen's and his is not CM11. And I think the one you were trying to download is for the HD, not the HD+.

can you show me detail ?

i downloaded this file " sdcard-cwm-early-noemmc-2.img.gz "

burned it to my SD card, put the SD to my HD+, but nothing happen, i can not start me tablet, it's only green when i attach to the charger or computer

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
can you show me detail ?

burned it to my SD card, put the SD to my HD+, but nothing happen, i can not start me tablet, it's only green when i attach to the charger or computer
You did unarchive the file so that it was an .img file, right? I don't know much about it and verygreen is no longer active.

dtonebk

Aug 28, 2012
You did unarchive the file so that it was an .img file, right? I don't know much about it and verygreen is no longer active.

of course, i extracted it, and have a .IMG file
then using Win32DiskImager to burn it

and i put the SD card to my HD+ by nothing happen when i hit the power button

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
of course, i extracted it, and have a .IMG file
then using Win32DiskImager to burn it

and i put the SD card to my HD+ by nothing happen when i hit the power button
Like I said, I don't know much about it. But it might be the brand and class of the SD.

dcahoe

Jan 3, 2012
thanks

Any ideas ?

The mirror download link on the iamafanof site has a valid IMG file for download.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks

Any ideas ?

can you show me detail ?