Stuck ..

Search This thread

sinfulgray

Aug 21, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
When I talked to him he said Odin ran through successfully and completed the flash, it auto rebooted like it should, but nothing changed.

Cwm flashes run and complete fine, but also have no effect. He is always left with the same thing he had before.

I would like to get my hands on that phone and do it myself. weirdest **** I ever heard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

No xcrazydx your mistaken for phenom43's broke phone thread who couldnt flash anything over juggs... This thread here from DoodleRay he cant get his phone rooted period.

Doodle i would suggest you uninstall all your drivers and restart your pc and then reinstall them cause it sounds like a drivers issue and if that dont work find someone who can do it for you.

Reactions: xcrazydx

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
No xcrazydx your mistaken for phenom43's broke phone thread who couldnt flash anything over juggs... This thread here from DoodleRay he cant get his phone rooted period.

Doodle i would suggest you uninstall all your drivers and restart your pc and then reinstall them cause it sounds like a drivers issue and if that dont work find someone who can do it for you.

Oh... Haha whoops

Yes, uninstall drivers.
Reinstall drivers
Try different USB slots, don't use 3.0 USB.
Try different cable
Right click and run Odin as admin

Last edited:

Optimizer

Oct 15, 2008
Kansas City
Make sure the drivers are installed, redownload Odin just to make sure its downloaded right, and if you are on windows 7, make sure that you right click and run odin as administrator. That could be the issue right there.

The instructions are simple, make sure the downloads are all up to date, run as administrator. That should be your fix.

DoodleRay

May 13, 2012
Brooklyn, New York (:
Make sure the drivers are installed, redownload Odin just to make sure its downloaded right, and if you are on windows 7, make sure that you right click and run odin as administrator. That could be the issue right there.

The instructions are simple, make sure the downloads are all up to date, run as administrator. That should be your fix.

I'm on windows 7 and i run odin in admin all the time. I also tried like 3-4 different odins from different threads.

Optimizer

Oct 15, 2008
Kansas City
Hmmm.. Have you tried rooting from a different computer or different USB cord? I know that some cords have restrictions (as silly as that sounds, I have had to replace a cord because it wouldn't allow data transfer, only charging)... Try using a different cord, on a different computer... If that isn't doable right now, get back to me and we will try something different.

Driftin350

Sep 9, 2010
When I was trying to root a friends phone the Odin file I had wasn't working properly and kept failing. I tried different files and all had the same outcome. I was finally able to get a working file from rootzwiki. It might be the file you're trying to use within Odin.

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
Okay, i finally rooted my phone .. So what do i do now.. I got like superuser and everything. Does that mean my battery will last longer now?

No, getting rooted is like opening a door. Root is nothing but a key to some more features to your phone that Samsung and your carrier feel will be to dangerous for you to have, so they initially lock you out of them. No you can flash a custom ROM, GB or some of the experimental ICS ones, on the GB ROMS give you alot of control over the CPU, use setcpu to overclock, underclock. Dude, i could go on and on, search, flash and enjoy!!

PS. Highly recommended doing a nandriod backup. Titanium backup and Root Toolbox are two highly recommended apps :)

Optimizer

Oct 15, 2008
Kansas City
What fixed it? And now with root, you can install a custom rom, a custom kernel, or just de-bloat your stock system right now (BE CAREFUL, read up on some guides around here before doing it). I recommend if you are new read the guides and familiarize yourself before doing anything, as it can 'brick' your device, or make it unusable and now that your phone is rooted it is outside of warranty, so you can't return it if it can't be restored to the normal.

Welcome to the rooted world!

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
What fixed it? And now with root, you can install a custom rom, a custom kernel, or just de-bloat your stock system right now (BE CAREFUL, read up on some guides around here before doing it). I recommend if you are new read the guides and familiarize yourself before doing anything, as it can 'brick' your device, or make it unusable and now that your phone is rooted it is outside of warranty, so you can't return it if it can't be restored to the normal.

Welcome to the rooted world!

Very true, though I returned a brick phone once. A LG Mytouch 4G, my first phone I rooted and the first one I bricked :D. It was only a week after I got it I bricked it, I warranty exchanged it anyway. I got a new one with no issues. Maybe my case is an isolated one, maybe not. Also, only 37 posts since 2008?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeahhhh.. I know ; So what else can i try to do? I've been trying to root my phone for the past 2-3 weeks .. -_-

Send me your phone I'll root it for you lol :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    When I talked to him he said Odin ran through successfully and completed the flash, it auto rebooted like it should, but nothing changed.

Cwm flashes run and complete fine, but also have no effect. He is always left with the same thing he had before.

I would like to get my hands on that phone and do it myself. weirdest **** I ever heard.

Okay, i finally rooted my phone .. So what do i do now.. I got like superuser and everything. Does that mean my battery will last longer now?

Yes.. please update on how you solved your 1 month long problem lol....

I am going to ignore your last sentence because it sounds like you should not have tried rooting your phone in the first place because you don't know what it is even for...

BTW NANDROID is the first option.