Couldn't sign in - Yahoo! email on email app when not connected to Wifi

Search This thread

eparico

Jun 20, 2012
Odd issue, but I keep getting constant Couldn't sign in errors for my Yahoo! email accounts only when connected to mobile data, never on Wifi. Anyone ever seen this?

I am having the exact same issue, it started happening to me about maybe a month or so ago. I did change my APN settings to a different one (internet2.voicestream.com) but did not add an alternate as described in the response. Did you try this and if so, did it work for you?

My solution was to install the Yahoo email app but if I don't need it, I'd like to get rid of it.

Apr 28, 2011
Possible solution

Odd issue, but I keep getting constant Couldn't sign in errors for my Yahoo! email accounts only when connected to mobile data, never on Wifi. Anyone ever seen this?

I have the same issues on my Nexus 4 using the stock email app. I went into the incoming and outgoing settings and removed the word 'android' from the IMAP mail servers. This worked for me and I am able to get the emails without the error. you can try that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Possible solution

I have the same issues on my Nexus 4 using the stock email app. I went into the incoming and outgoing settings and removed the word 'android' from the IMAP mail servers. This worked for me and I am able to get the emails without the error. you can try that.