[Q] Lg G3 Low light Video test

Search This thread

alitech

Jul 2, 2005
London
www.alistechnlog.com
Guys,

Just a quick q before I go and purchase this set. Is the G3 plauged with the same laggy low light video recording like the G2? That was the one thing that put me off the G2 big time coming from a Galaxy S4. I have been searching online to see a low light video test recording but I have been unable to find one. Everyone keeps talking about the camera, low light shots and laser focusing, but no one mentions how good or bad it is in low light video recording.

If you own one already, can you please shed some light? Or better yet, can you post a video somewhere? Something with a lot of moving subjects in very low light. This would really be useful to me. I know it does 4K too, but not entirely sure of how good that is either. A video of both would be great.

Furthermore, what is your take on this phone? How much better is it compared to the G2? I have had a G2 for 6 months now. The battery life is the best I have experienced but it gradually declines in strength or maybe its the amount of apps that I keep putting on it. I have done a full reset twice to fix the problem, but the battery is not as good as it was when I started using the phone. I wish there was an app that would give true usage of the battery, I dont trust the android battery app.

Anyways, lets focus on the most important questions, whats the video like in low light?

dondavis007

Aug 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
What I have heard the G3 is better in low light but still have the watercolor effect. The shutter speed is a bit lower than G2 some reviwer said. I'll think that low-light is an Achilles for most cameras with the same sensor, optics and pixel. This is what HTC wanted to fight with the 2um sensor and Apple with 1.5. Still it's more or less the same technology as before and the results should be in line with that. Better software and other ways of doing stuff like focus but the baseline sets the restriction.

Sent from a mobile Gadget...

http://cameras.reviewed.com/features/lg-g3-smartphone-camera-review

Last edited:

blackwrx02

May 3, 2006
The best part is it can all be edited and configured!
Will be ditching my S5 for the G3 ASAP! and I'm a heavy camera/video user.

Maine_Coon

Sep 24, 2009
I'd like to know the answer too..not just about low light, but in general, regarding the video.

Don't forget, we have a modded camera.apk now, thanks to Gishnu and Hendrickson.

Top Liked Posts