Discussion Thread for CyanogenMod 11/12 (Android 4.4.x KitKat & 5.0.x Lollipop)

Search This thread

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T
There is a lastest possible CM11 version ? How can i overclock my galaxy y on CM11 ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a361f02wti4dhrk/cm-11.0.0-GT-S5360-totoro.zip this is the last stable and final version, laggy and not perfect for daily use

Flash GetuX kernel by cleverior.ipul which will let ya set clock to 1.0Ghz , but that aint making diff according to me

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-0-Users-Get-a-Taste-of-Android-4-4-Thanks-to-CyanogenMod-11-414700-2.jpg

For Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 (totoro)

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
 * Me / CM / AndroidARMv6 Team are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.

Hello everybody.. Our lovely Galaxy Y S5360 (totoro) has been added to official AndroidARMv6 branch and is now running CyanogenMod 11, Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Samsung stopped any further updates for this device and now the devs will develop it further.
The ROM is stable enough for daily use, this thread is created to have discussions related to CM11 totoro.
Thanks to all the devs for developing this, lets build together for this device!

About CyanogenMod:

CyanogenMod is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices. Get more information on CyanogenMod Wiki.

Brief Information:
The ROM is stable enough for daily use. Most of the bugs have been sorted out, but some are yet to be fixed. Me and other devs are regularly working on it so don't ask for ETAs and don't ever think of writing to Fix this or Fix that. This thread is only for information and discussion about the ROM. So, it depends on you whether you choose to flash the builds or not. The ROM is now OTA supported and Nightlies are being released.

Whats working, Whats not?:
If you came here, its your prime duty to go through all the posts and check out whats working whats not OR you can check the DEV thread here.

Links:
Recovery: ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.5.3
ROM: Latest OTA supported totoro builds.
Gerrit Code Review: AndroidARMv6 code review.

Installing Instructions: (Its highly recommended to strictly follow the below given instructions to avoid any problems during installation of ROM or Recovery)
  • Download the Recovery from above provided link. Either .zip Or .tar.md5. Your choice.
  • Download the Full OTA build from above provided link.
  • Boot into Stock Recovery and flash the recovery you downloaded (.zip). Or if you have problems with .zip package, you can manually flash the .tar.md5 package via Odin.
  • After flash, reboot into New Recovery.
  • Perform a Full data and cache wipe.
  • Now flash the OTA ROM package, then Reboot.

Version Information:
OS Version: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Based On: CyanogenMod 11
ROM Status: NIGHTLY

If you liked my work or I have helped you in any way, please press the 'Thanks' button below. :D:D:D

Requesting to OP to add this ROM link to thread, Howeva, its high time to edit the project title to [DISCONTINUED] , I request OP to edit it asap as you guys are already gave up

*sigh*

Reactions: Ben Trance

xddxd

Oct 28, 2014
Panevėžys
BCM21553 OC is just a placebo effect. No one has ever succeeded in doing that, it just says it's set to that freq, even though it's not. And please don't quote the OP..

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T
BCM21553 OC is just a placebo effect. No one has ever succeeded in doing that, it just says it's set to that freq, even though it's not. And please don't quote the OP..

I guess you didnt notice why did I quote OP :3 , I did that intentionally, cause many are confused that this project is DISCONTINUED or not, This thread contains dead links/references and many more issues, even the status in the thread is shown as NIGHTLY, whether there is a stable build, howeva if OP edit the title as DISCONTINUED , no one will ask ques , except some newbies :)

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Hi everyone

I'm using this ROM on my GTS5369, and I'm quite impressed by it, quite compatible, few lags (just sometimes long to wake the screen up) and quite useful with the SD card as internal storage. All I had to redo is flashing s2e before those gapps gapps-kk444-20150108-Bhargav97-v2.3.zip (I've tried other recommanded and I had issues only with sd-ext ones, but those seem more adapted as very light). I did a full format between each rom full reinstall.

BUT I have a major issue: FC with Google Play Services (both with s2e and link2sd, as they are to heavy to install in internal storage). Refreshing gapps didn't solve it, updating in play store also. Maybe by the good apk?

So now I'm using the device without google play services, and that's a pity cause I have plenty of space to install lots of apps.

Any idea to solve this play services issue. Thanks

tanderaa

Jul 19, 2016
Hi everyone

I'm using this ROM on my GTS5369, and I'm quite impressed by it, quite compatible, few lags (just sometimes long to wake the screen up) and quite useful with the SD card as internal storage. All I had to redo is flashing s2e before those gapps gapps-kk444-20150108-Bhargav97-v2.3.zip (I've tried other recommanded and I had issues only with sd-ext ones, but those seem more adapted as very light). I did a full format between each rom full reinstall.

BUT I have a major issue: FC with Google Play Services (both with s2e and link2sd, as they are to heavy to install in internal storage). Refreshing gapps didn't solve it, updating in play store also. Maybe by the good apk?

So now I'm using the device without google play services, and that's a pity cause I have plenty of space to install lots of apps.

Any idea to solve this play services issue. Thanks

Djiban, im facing the same problem here. In my case i just want to run UBER but its misses google play to run. I don't have knowledge to recognize what module of gapps the uber needs to run. But i will find it sooner or later. Probally we can tweak gapps (Bhargav's one) to work only with the apps we need...

Last edited:
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-0-Users-Get-a-Taste-of-Android-4-4-Thanks-to-CyanogenMod-11-414700-2.jpg

Code:
 * Me / CM / AndroidARMv6 Team are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Hello everybody.. Our lovely Galaxy Y S5360 (totoro) has been added to official AndroidARMv6 branch and is now running CyanogenMod 11, Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Samsung stopped any further updates for this device and now the devs will develop it further.
The ROM is stable enough for daily use, this thread is created to have discussions related to CM11 totoro.
Thanks to all the devs for developing this, lets build together for this device!

About CyanogenMod:

CyanogenMod is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices. Get more information on CyanogenMod Wiki.

Brief Information:
The ROM is stable enough for daily use. Most of the bugs have been sorted out, but some are yet to be fixed. Me and other devs are regularly working on it so don't ask for ETAs and don't ever think of writing to Fix this or Fix that. This thread is only for information and discussion about the ROM. So, it depends on you whether you choose to flash the builds or not. The ROM is now OTA supported and Nightlies are being released.

If you came here, its your prime duty to go through all the posts and check out whats working whats not OR you can check the DEV thread here.

Links:

Installing Instructions: (Its highly recommended to strictly follow the below given instructions to avoid any problems during installation of ROM or Recovery)
  • Download the Recovery from above provided link. Either .zip Or .tar.md5. Your choice.
  • Boot into Stock Recovery and flash the recovery you downloaded (.zip). Or if you have problems with .zip package, you can manually flash the .tar.md5 package via Odin.

Version Information:

If you liked my work or I have helped you in any way, please press the 'Thanks' button below. :D:D:D

Feeling proud... This phone never dies... :) :')

Ben Trance

Dec 5, 2015
San Pablo City
how about the latest GApps for totoro? From experience, The latest Google Play Services is 8.3. Anything later is crashing on s5630 running CM11.

Last edited:

JuniorPolegato

May 12, 2010
Open GApps on Galaxy Y GT-S5360B

Hi!

After a week trying to resurrect a Galaxy Y, reinstall the stock ROM, CM-11-totoro and many GApps and apps, I liked this basic setup, which I share with you:

Open GApps on Galaxy Y GT-S5360B

SemcIME Swype Keyboard for ARMv6 for Open GApps installer

1. Download swype keyboard for ARMv6 from [1]
2. Extract "system" folder
3. Rename "system" to "nodpi"
4. Create "common" folder
5. Move "lib" from "system" to "common"
6. Create "semcime-arm" folder
7. Move "nodpi" and "common" to "semcime"
8. Create a tar file, on Linux with: "tar cvf semcime.tar semcime"

GooglePlayServices for ARMv6 for Open GApps installer

1. Download GooglePlayServices version 8.3.01, this is the latest for ARMv6, from sites like APK Mirror
2. Rename it to GooglePlayServices.apk
3. Extract "lib" folder: "unzip GooglePlayServices.apk 'lib/*'"
4. Delete "lib" folder from APK: "zip -d GooglePlayServices.apk 'lib/*'"
5. Download "zipaling" from Andriod SDK, for Linux in my case [2], extract it from downloaded file
6. Align this apk: "./zipalign -f 4 GooglePlayServices.apk GooglePlayServices_aligned.apk"
7. Move aligned apk to final apk: "mv GooglePlayServices_aligned.apk GooglePlayServices.apk"
8. Create folders "gms-arm", "gms-arm/common", "gms-arm/common/lib", "gms-arm/nodpi" and "gms-arm/nodpi/app"
9. Move apk to "gms-arm/nodpi/app": "mv GooglePlayServices.apk gms-arm/nodpi/app/"
10. Move lib* to "gms-arm/common/lib": "mv lib/armeabi/lib* gms-arm/common/lib/"
11. Create a tar file with "tar cvf gms-arm.tar gms-arm"

Preparing Open GApps for ARMv6

1. Download the latest Open GApps from [3] for arm-4.4.4-pico
2. Extract the downloaded zip-file
3. Delete "gmscore-arm.tar.xz" from "Core" folder, no space in /system
4. Delete "vending-all.tar.xz" from "Core" folder, no space in /system
5. Move "semcime-arm.tar" into "Core" folder
6. Move "gms-arm.tar" into "GApps" folder
7. Edit "aap_sizes.txt" and remove "vending-all nodpi 16660"
8. Edit "aap_sizes.txt" and add "semcime-arm nodpi 1000" line, tab delimiter
9. Edit "aap_densities.txt" and remove "Core/vending-all/nodpi/"
10. Edit "aap_densities.txt" and add "GApps/gms-arm/nodpi/" and "Core/semcime-arm/nodpi/"
11. Edit "installer.sh" and:
11.1. Replace "gmscore" by "semcime-arm" in "core_gapps_list"
11.2. Remove "vending" from "core_gapps_list"
11.3. Add "gms" and to "pico_gapps_list"
11.4. delete "/system/lib/libjni_latinime.so" from reqd_list
11.5. Go to line "# Install/Remove SwypeLibs", about 2050, and remove "!" from below line
11.6. Put GooglePlayServices 8.3.01 into /data/, no space in /system:
11.6.1. Go to line "# Handle broken lib configuration on KitKat by putting Hangouts on /data/", about 2100
11.6.2. Copy block and replace "hangouts" and "talk" by "gms" and "Hangouts.apk" by "GooglePlayServices.apk"
11.6.3. The result is like this:
# Handle broken lib configuration on KitKat by putting GooglePlayServices on /data/
if ( contains "$gapps_list" "gms" ); then
ui_print "- Installing gms"
unzip -o "$OPENGAZIP" "GApps/gms-$arch.tar*" -d "$TMP"
which_dpi "gms-$arch" # Keep it simple, only 32 bit arch on kitkat and no weird libs for these apps
kitkatdata_folder_extract "gms-$arch" "$dpiapkpath" "com.google.android.gms" "GooglePlayServices.apk"
gapps_list=${gapps_list/gms}
fi
12. Uncompress all .xz files, because xzdec-arm fails on ARMv6: "find . -iname "*.xz" -exec unxz {} \;"
13. Create a zip file: zip -r ../jhos-open-gapps.zip *

Clean installation - THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR DATA

1. Install CWM recovery 6.0.5.3, refer to [4]
2. Format /system
3. Partion your sdcard for create /sd-ext, because /data/ is too small, swap may be good too
4. Wipe data/factory reset
5. Install zip and select cm-11.0.0-GTS5360-totoro.zip
6. Mount USB storage and copy jhos-open-gapps.zip to your sdcard
7. Unmount USB storage on your computer then on Galaxy Y
8. Mount all partitions
9. Install zip and select jhos-open-gapps.zip
10. Unmount all
11. Reboot
12. Install S2E, open and move all to /sd-ext, refer [4]
13. Reboot
14. Download Google Play Store or others APKs from sites like APK Mirror

[1] http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15094820&postcount=26
[2] https://android.googlesource.com/pl...ecec455c3d561ae3829a65/sdk/tools/linux.tar.gz
[3] http://opengapps.org/
[4] http://cm11galaxyyoung.blogspot.com.br/

JulianoXDA

Sep 4, 2015
Bulacan
me noob you help

How can I make GLTools work ?
I've installed more games in CM11 than the any 2.3.x ROMs
but it's pretty laggy even tho I have a SWAP partition (which is active) and I installed GetuX kernel with 1kgh min-max zen I/o sched performance governor
without any tweaks
but every time i try to install GLTools it will but at first with a bunch of FCs then when I reboot back I ended up bricked and the uninstaller ain't workin'
a little help?
BTW if you don't want play services at ur phone but y want to bypass the message that shows up when a app "need" play services
just install Xposed-Module and search in the repository this app will run with Google play services etc.

JuniorPolegato

May 12, 2010
Fix updates of GMS - Google Play Services

The Google Contacts Sync fails without the Google Play Store, but when I install it, it updates the Google Play Services and now nothing works, because new version is for ARMv7, which doesn't work over ARMv6.

So, I analyzed that exist space in /system for Google Play Store, but need reduce the buffer to 1024 and no install SemcIME Swype Keyboard, so go on:

1. Don't delete "vending-all.tar.xz" from "Core" folder
2. Neither remove "vending" from "core_gapps_list"
3. Do nothing about "semcime"
4. In installer.sh, search for the line "buffer_size_kb=9216; small_buffer_size=2048;" and replace "9216" by "1024"
5. In installer.sh, search for the line "cp -rf "$TMP/$2/app/$4" "/data/app/$3-$number.apk", about 2080
5.1. According to [1], this should work to prevent update:
5.2. Create empty folders /data/app/com.google.android.gms-2.apk and /data/app/com.google.android.gms-3.apk
5.3. So, add this line: mkdir "/data/app/$3-$((number+1)).apk" "/data/app/$3-$((number+2)).apk"
6. Create a new .zip pack and do a clean installation
7. Enjoy!

[1] http://xdaforums.com/android/help/delete-disable-downgrade-prevent-update-t3091832

Reactions: mms047

JuniorPolegato

May 12, 2010
Emoji

Hi!

This cm-11.0.0-GT-S5360-totoro.zip doesn't include emojis, file /system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf, so my keyborad doesn't have emojis.

To solve this, just download file from [1] and extract NotoColorEmoji.ttf, but /system doesn't have space, so move this file to /data/local/fonts, change owner to root.root and permissions 644, than symbolic link /system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf to /data/local/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf.

To do this, copy NotoColorEmoji.ttf file to sdcard, so, using "adb shell", do:

su -
mkdir /data/local/fonts
chown root.root /data/local/fonts
chmod 755 /data/local/fonts
mv /sdcard/NotoColorEmoji.ttf /data/local/fonts/
chown root.root /data/local/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
chmod 644 /data/local/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
mount -o remount,rw /system
ln -s /data/local/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf /system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
sync
mount -o remount,ro /system

Then reboot.

Enjoy!

[1] https: // android.googlesource.com / platform / externa / noto-fonts / +archive / master / other.tar.gz

Last edited:
Reactions: mms047

michaeljt

Jan 13, 2017
Building CM11

I posted on psyke83's developer thread[1] for his CM11 build for GT-S5360 a couple of days ago, but no response, so posting here. psyke83 linked to binaries on the thread, but those are no longer available, so I was wanting to build my own for my GT-S6102 (the dual SIM version of the phone, hoping that they will work well there) from the still available repositories. However as a total ARM beginner (never even rooted my phone up until now) I was hoping someone could point me to build instructions. Instructions for flashing are on the thread. I have plenty of x86 experience, including driver development. Thanks!

[1] https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2766229&page=28#post70577986

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

About CyanogenMod:

Brief Information:

Links:

Version Information:

I see a lot of flaming going on here, so I feel that some clarification is needed.

First of all, this talk of "not having permission" is nonsense. Any code that I have submitted inherits the license of the parent project, and I have not changed any licenses for projects that I forked. I am not withholding anything, and I am not trying to prevent anyone from having access to the code. The androidarmv6 project is a collaborative project in which anyone can participate and contribute.

What I actually requested - as a courtesy - was for users not to test the Jenkins builds yet.

The Jenkins build server is owned by my friend @erikcas (one of the original androidarmv6 founders), and he graciously allows its use by myself and the other core members of the team. The server is used to provide stable builds for supported devices to the public, but it is also used by developers to test code changes (i.e. the android-experimental or submission-test builds). Normally, these builds are usually focused on testing only one specific change. The build can be completely broken apart from the one change that needs to be tested... and for a developer, that's no problem. We know what to expect from a particular build - what should work and what shouldn't. However, when random users start flashing these builds, without any knowledge of the functional status the build has, things can be chaotic.

It takes >3 hours to run a build on my laptop (and my machine becomes practically unusable during that time). Jenkins can do the same job in forty minutes... and this greatly helps me with development. But what I don't like is that it exposes all of those builds (that are clearly not ready for wider usage) to the public.

If I didn't explain it well enough, here are some more reasons not to flash builds from Jenkins:
    • Because you'll piss me off. This is my hobby... something done in my free time for a bit of fun (and practice with programming). When you start ignoring my instructions/requests, and start spamming my PMs or development topics with silly questions, it just makes me want to stop working on the project altogether. Have some respect for your developers, please.
    • You're wasting Jenkin's server bandwidth. The test builds are only supposed to be downloaded once by the developer to test a specific change.
    • Builds are extremely unstable and not ready to be used. Even if you get it working and it doesn't damage your phone, you will be severely disappointed in performance and features.
    • Basic features are not working, such as telephony and audio. Someone once tried to blame me for not being able to call an ambulance in an emergency situation (they had flashed one of my alpha builds for another device in which I specifically warned that the microphone was broken).

Having said all that, I'm not going to lose sleep if people ignore my requests and test the builds - as long as such talk is kept here in the general thread.
    A reminder: unannounced experimental builds that you may see on Jenkins are made by and for developers alone, and are definitely not suitable to be flashed by users. The cm12 totoro build from today doesn't install or boot, and I expect many future builds will be the same, so don't waste your time with it.

Also, a reminder of some things you shouldn't do (now or ever): don't ask for ETAs, don't spam the dev thread, and don't PM me asking for information that isn't on a public post.

There are many things that need to be fixed for armv6 devices. I've sorted out the major issues specific to Broadcom hardware, but there are more important issues that need solving for ARMv6 devices in general that are being working on by several people (assembly errors, ART compatibility, build system integration, etc.). It's going to take time. Thanks for your understanding.
    You better buy Galaxy Ace 3. The price is dropped. My sister bought the phone for $150.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I would agree with this sentiment in general. Nobody should willingly buy an ARMv6 device, especially considering that you can get newer budget devices with ARMv7 chipsets for reasonable prices. $150 still seems too expensive to me, though. Perhaps it's harder to get bargains on prepay phones in the USA compared to Europe. As an example, Vodafone were selling their Vodafone Smart III for €40 recently (and I missed that offer, unfortunately).

I didn't even buy the Galaxy Y that I use for development - it was left abandoned in a field! My sister happened to stumble upon it, and later gave it to me. When I managed to get it working (as it originally refused to turn on or charge, possibly due to water damage) I decided to develop CM11 on it just for a bit of fun.
    News: tonight's OTA now includes the new wifi driver (with further stability improvements over the version that was in the experimental build). If you're still testing the experimental build, I recommend that you switch back to the regular OTA build.

Please keep an eye on wireless functionality and let me know if there are any problems with the new driver. Thanks.