Barnacle Wifi tether - connected but no internet access

Search This thread

duffy1807

May 26, 2010
Hi, I have set up barnacle wifi tether i connected to it using my laptop . it connects fine but no internet access.

have i missed somthing out ?

SirBrettrick

Jul 9, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
For anybody else who might come along and not be able to get the .apk from the Market, you can download it here:

hxxp://szym.net/barnacle/barnacle.apk

I had to install with ASTRO to get it to work.

replogle

Jul 17, 2010
Go to DHCP (under the Advanced heading) and set DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8. Then restart barnacle and reconnect your laptop. Then manually set the DNS for the connection on your computer to the same address. That worked for me.

I did that, once I press ok I got invalid IP

Using Rogers (service provider, dataplan 1GB) Canada

I rooted my x10 following the instructions from Bin4ry from step 1 to 3 and step 4 and 5 I used the link that jerpelea posted, it seems everything went smoothly but something is wrong with my mobile networks, I can only use browser, everything is fine for browsing but per example if I use flixter I can't get any connection, facebook or any applications that needs to use network, and I turned on the wifi and using my home router all applications are fine, and I don't know what's going on, and I rooted again same issue, can anyone tell me is there something I'm missing too?

and for barnacle same issue as OP, my ipod touch is connected but no internet connection at all and I followed what to put in LAN already, does anyone encounter this issue too?

any help is appreciated, thank you

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
try taking wifi off, leave 3g on n insert the athwlan0 in lan area.. should work fine?!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

DFWGringo

Jul 15, 2010
try taking wifi off, leave 3g on n insert the athwlan0 in lan area.. should work fine?!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
It returns:
Setting address of athwlan0 failed: No such device
NAT waiting for local interface
Getting address of athwlan0 failed: No such device
Gettign netmask of athwlan0 failed: No such device
Could not get flags of athwlan0: No such device
[2] Terminated ./nat
Process stopped unexpectedly

Any help?

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
Install busybox.. might already be on your phone! it'll show u if ya rooted or not!

Sent from my rooted x10i using swype via xda!!

Saoulos

May 7, 2010
I tryied athlan0 to LAN
i have rm.. to WAL
i tryied setting DNS
no password set
i'm definately rooted

but since i reseted my phone and upgrated to 026
it's connected, it's uploading but there is very very small downloading

It used to word fine, but now i don't know what to do.
Any more idea?