[APP] LCD Density Modder Pro

Search This thread

BuddyJoe83

Nov 15, 2011
Thought I'd share a 'fix' for your TouchPads if you don't want to be tied to 120 or 160 dpi (which btw look good but still..).

Now we all now the edit build.prop or dpi change apps but this one is pretty neat.
It allows you to manually set your desired DPI (f.e. 132 as the TP should be) but also comes with a solution for 'breaking' your market. The app will Fix your Market compatibility issues by modding your Market.apk into thinking you are using the market at f.e. 120 DPI. You can do this for any DPI change :)

Guide:

1) Install LCD Density Modder Pro here (official Android Market link)
2) Open app (only for root users but if you are running Android on your TP...)
3) set your DPI
4) Save as System DPI (perma + reboot) or
4a) Temp Apply (fast reboot and is merely there to see if your chosen DPI looks good)
5) after reboot hit "Fix Market compatibility issues"

6) Download modded Market.apk for the PDI you want the market to think you have (either 120 or 160 DPI, depends which file you installed from CM9)
7) Install Mod
8) Asks you to reboot so that the 'new' Market.apk works

9) voilá!

(note: instructions will also appear when opening app)

I hope this isn't considered something 'not done' on this forum as I am merely linking to an official apk on the market and points TP users in the right direction.

Good luck!

ps: credits go to anthonyjcasagrande aka theb1rdm4n for developing

Last edited:

BuddyJoe83

Nov 15, 2011
If you look at it that way, yes... ;) but handy for peeps, ofcourse can just edit the build.prop but it allows you to receive fixed market aswell for any DPI.

Anyways only posted so peeps know of it's availibility :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

BuddyJoe83

Nov 15, 2011
DPI changer by innodroid is free with the same result, also on Market.

That also changes your DPI for you yes, the app won't 'fix' the market issues for you though.

There is a thread out there that lets you install a modded Market.apk, but the app I describe does it both, but you are right.. there are a lot of ways to do it. This one does it in both.

Not saying this app is the holy grail but a handy tool.

cme4oil

Sep 23, 2011
I know there is a thread over on rootzwiki with instructions on how to get the market to work after changing the DPI.

Three bucks to change the DPI is a really nutz.

cdmcfud

May 13, 2011
Thought I'd share a 'fix' for your TouchPads if you don't want to be tied to 120 or 160 dpi (which btw look good but still..).

Now we all now the edit build.prop or dpi change apps but this one is pretty neat.
It allows you to manually set your desired DPI (f.e. 132 as the TP should be) but also comes with a solution for 'breaking' your market. The app will Fix your Market compatibility issues by modding your Market.apk into thinking you are using the market at f.e. 120 DPI. You can do this for any DPI change :)

Guide:

3) set your DPI
4a) Temp Apply (fast reboot and is merely there to see if your chosen DPI looks good)

6) Download modded Market.apk for the PDI you want the market to think you have (either 120 or 160 DPI, depends which file you installed from CM9)
7) Install Mod

9) voilá!

I hope this isn't considered something 'not done' on this forum as I am merely linking to an official apk on the market and points TP users in the right direction.

Good luck!

I thank it's a great apk. easy

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
Hey guys, for ages I've been hearing people talk about changing LCD density etc and decided to give it a try using this app (free version).

Anyway, I changed the dpi on my S2 from 240 to 160 and although it looks much better in most instances, the actual homescreen/s are much smaller with only about 60% being used up.

Is this normal? I was under the impression that only the icon sizes would change but not the entire homescreen.

The dock is still at the bottom however but a large part above that is empty.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

BuddyJoe83

Nov 15, 2011
Hey guys, for ages I've been hearing people talk about changing LCD density etc and decided to give it a try using this app (free version).

Anyway, I changed the dpi on my S2 from 240 to 160 and although it looks much better in most instances, the actual homescreen/s are much smaller with only about 60% being used up.

Is this normal? I was under the impression that only the icon sizes would change but not the entire homescreen.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

is the space entirely not usable?
After you have rebooted to make the DPI changes take effect, you often have to redrag the apps (and widgets) you use from your apps screen to your homescreen(s).

When changing the build.prop I always 'clear' my homescreens to be sure and then replace what I want.

Changing your DPI however shouldn't make a big proportion of your screen not usable.

Also I can recommend this thread for 'mobile' issues since I only use this app on my Touchpad. It's the b1rdm4n's original thread about his app :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sxi200

stuart_f

Jul 16, 2006
My TouchPad is currently running at 160dpi (having previously manually edited it to 120 then manually edited it back to 160)

When I run the app and select a different DPI I hit apply, it reboots and the TP is still at 160 dpi. The app appears not to work at all.

Anyone have any idea why?

BuddyJoe83

Nov 15, 2011
My TouchPad is currently running at 160dpi (having previously manually edited it to 120 then manually edited it back to 160)

When I run the app and select a different DPI I hit apply, it reboots and the TP is still at 160 dpi. The app appears not to work at all.

Anyone have any idea why?

If you manually edited your build prop, you might want to try to flash Dalingrins 120 or 160 DPI.zip (it's in his original Rootzwiki thread) to original (build.prop) settings.

After that, start the app again, change the DPI and hit "Save as System DPI (Reboot)". I think you already did that but I didn't manually edit the build.prop before using this app so it might have something to do with there, I am not sure though since it was a direct hit for me when using this app.

stuart_f

Jul 16, 2006
Nice idea.

I flashed the 120dpi package, rebooted and the TouchPad had changed to 120dpi as expected. I then ran LCD Density Modder and it correctly reported 120dpi.

I changed it to 132dpi in the app and hit "Save as System DPI", it asked for, and got root permission, rebooted the TouchPad and once again I am back at 120dpi.

The app just doesn't do anything for me :(

BuddyJoe83

Nov 15, 2011
Nice idea.

I flashed the 120dpi package, rebooted and the TouchPad had changed to 120dpi as expected. I then ran LCD Density Modder and it correctly reported 120dpi.

I changed it to 132dpi in the app and hit "Save as System DPI", it asked for, and got root permission, rebooted the TouchPad and once again I am back at 120dpi.

The app just doesn't do anything for me :(

Sorry to hear.
Hmm last suggestion: manually set the DPI to 132 (editing build.prop yourself), reboot. At this point ignoring the app.

If the DPI is succesfully set as 132 open the app, click fix market compatible function, let it download the modded market.apk (let it think market is set at 120 DPI) and reboot.

I know you are not fully using the app as it's supposed too then but just trying to help you :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Yes, a bit overpriced.... as in way overpriced....

Couple of questions:

1) Does the app disable the Market Updater so you won't get a newer market next time Google pushes one?

2) Has the app fixed the problem with the original patch from rootzwiki, in that after some time, apps _still_ revert to not compatible, and you have to clear market data. Or is it just downloading that apk that anyone can go get for free?

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
After you have rebooted to make the DPI changes take effect, you often have to redrag the apps (and widgets) you use from your apps screen to your homescreen(s).

When changing the build.prop I always 'clear' my homescreens to be sure and then replace what I want.

Changing your DPI however shouldn't make a big proportion of your screen not usable.

Also I can recommend this thread for 'mobile' issues since I only use this app on my Touchpad. It's the b1rdm4n's original thread about his app :)

Yeah, the empty space on the homescreen/s is not usable. I tried removing then replacing widgets but still the same thing. Might try again later with a fresh rom flash.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Yeah, the empty space on the homescreen/s is not usable. I tried removing then replacing widgets but still the same thing. Might try again later with a fresh rom flash.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Yup, this happens to me in portrait mode as well. very annoying!

Photo for proof.
Screenshot_2012-02-11-02-42-29.png

That's as far down as they'll go. In landscape mode its not like this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Guide:

3) set your DPI

7) Install Mod

9) voilá!

Good luck!

ps: credits go to anthonyjcasagrande aka theb1rdm4n for developing
    Hey there,

just stopping by to let you know this thread has been featured on the XDA Portal

:)
    That's gotta be the most expensive app on the market, 3 dollars to change 3 digits? Craaaaaaaaaaaaazy...

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Galaxy S II, Custom ROM (Resurrection Remix) JB 4.1.1 Not working --> Reboot --> Black screen --> reboot --> Black screen. etc etc.