HD7 and Android - Use this thread for your questions about and stay On Topic!

Search This thread

truffle1234

Mar 16, 2007
Tokyo
Whaaaaa???? That doesn't make sense dude r u 10? just go away.

Fyi half the reason ppl hack their cell phones started because ppl wanted to be able to keep their device even though it is not supported....
IE anybody stuck on wp7 is gonna want android that much more.....

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk

i undestand why ppl hack their phones, when WP 6.5 was buggy i understand ppl will like to have a less buggy android on it...

now WP7 is not buggy why ppl will like to load android on it???

segaodma

Apr 18, 2009
Why would I want Android?! Are you stupid?! I have phone that has useless GPS!
There is iGo Primo... a perfect navigation for mobile devices with WM, Android and iOS WITH OFFLINE MAPS! I can go anywhere I want even on the mountains without a GSM coverage!
Only this **** has stupid Bing maps that require internet connection to work. And it's made because the idiots from MS saw how Apple made money making contracts with GSM operators... people using GPS software to spend money using 3G internet... and they want to do the same... it's too late now... even iOS is jailbroken, has tons of apps and works better than WP7! On top, this bing maps application is stupid as hell, showing you 1 sec here, next sec 100m away, then back on the first place... it has no smart technology built in as the normal GPS software have... some kid made it in one day and you are happy with it? I'm NOT!!!
I want Android! We all want! It's only you and few dumb asses that are probably paid by MS to glorify this stupid WP7!
And... speaking about android... do you think that I will ever buy an WP7 phone again?! Are you sure I will?!
Almost 100 pages on this thread... why? Because WP7 is good? ... NOT!!!

Watch this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PiboSuPN4
An iPad with iGo Primo... Capacitive screen 10 inches! A DREAM NAVIGATION FOR A CAR!
Now you go buy another WP7 phone... be stupid!
I think WP7 should be sold with contracts like Blackberry was in the companies for people that need GREEN and RED button... and sold until it dies like RIM!

Last edited:

paallday

Jul 24, 2011
philly
i undestand why ppl hack their phones, when WP 6.5 was buggy i understand ppl will like to have a less buggy android on it...

now WP7 is not buggy why ppl will like to load android on it???

BECAUSE THEY PREFER ANDROID THEY BOUGHT A HTC DEVICE (maybe they were miss informed because of the hd2 was so changeable.) THE REAL QUESTION IS WHY THE F*%& YOU THINK ASKING THESE QUESTIONS HERE IS GONNA GET U ANYTHING EXCEPT A ARGUMENT NOW PLEASE FOR THE LAST TIME STOP POSTING ON THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE SOMEHOW MOVEING YOUR PHONE TOWARDS ANDROID.
If you like running Linux for anything on your PC, then this would be a logical first step 2 do it on ur phone.
Pps, people root their phone for a crap load of reasons. The first time I did it I did it 2 uninstall all the BS on my phone sprint puts onto your phone. I think most people do it to mod or for the hot spot.
Peace and for the love of god please go away. Or post something relevant to the op.

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

truffle1234

Mar 16, 2007
Tokyo
Why would I want Android?! Are you stupid?! I have phone that has useless GPS!
There is iGo Primo... a perfect navigation for mobile devices with WM, Android and iOS WITH OFFLINE MAPS! I can go anywhere I want even on the mountains without a GSM coverage!
Only this **** has stupid Bing maps that require internet connection to work. And it's made because the idiots from MS saw how Apple made money making contracts with GSM operators... people using GPS software to spend money using 3G internet... and they want to do the same... it's too late now... even iOS is jailbroken, has tons of apps and works better than WP7! On top, this bing maps application is stupid as hell, showing you 1 sec here, next sec 100m away, then back on the first place... it has no smart technology built in as the normal GPS software have... some kid made it in one day and you are happy with it? I'm NOT!!!
I want Android! We all want! It's only you and few dumb asses that are probably paid by MS to glorify this stupid WP7!
And... speaking about android... do you think that I will ever buy an WP7 phone again?! Are you sure I will?!
Almost 100 pages on this thread... why? Because WP7 is good? ... NOT!!!

Watch this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PiboSuPN4
An iPad with iGo Primo... Capacitive screen 10 inches! A DREAM NAVIGATION FOR A CAR!
Now you go buy another WP7 phone... be stupid!
I think WP7 should be sold with contracts like Blackberry was in the companies for people that need GREEN and RED button... and sold until it dies like RIM!

sorry for being stupid, but i bought the phone for a phone, and my car has a buit in GPS so i dont give a ****...

and i did use the android **** on my HD2 and its crap...

if you need an off line GPS go buy a GPS...

and if you think MS will die, please dream on...

if you dont have a 3G connection please dont blame the OS as my Bing maps works just fine...

sincity7

Nov 6, 2011
if u do really want it try serach it on youtube. there is an procedure to have both android an wp7 but lot of people says it will decrease the speed and have many other issues.

paallday

Jul 24, 2011
philly
No theirs not, that's duel booting n dont do jack...
No market no apks

Last edited:

turbod16sp

Dec 18, 2011
I own both android devices and a htc hd7 running wp7.5

I have four phones currently. I know what some ppl will say about this. "why do you have so many phones?" basically i got all of them as presents. I have an hd7 running wp7.5 mango-reg htc rom not a custom build and a 32gb sd card instead of the 8gb that it had when i got it. I then have a wildfire s that I just got for xmas with a custom rom-gb 2.3.5 build overclocked from 600 mhz to 1.1 ghz on boot up. Mytouch 4g in black with custom 2.3.6 build rom overclocked from 1ghz to 1.35ghz. Last is a Samsung Vibrant running a custom 2.3.5 build and overclocked from 1ghz to 1.2 ghz. all the android phones have 8gb sd cards in them. I also use the $60 simple mobile unlimited plan which gets me 4g on the mytouch 4g and 3g on everything else.
I would say that there are plus and minus factors to both os systems - android and windows mobile. The android system does not really use the hardware the way it should. As someone else said something on another thread along the lines of he was testing different phones at a store trying to pick out the one he wants and after playing with all the android phones they had at the time he realized that they all have the same issues with having noticeable lag when unlocking. Also they took longer opening and starting any programs vs. the windows phone-ie.hd7 and that the hd7 did everything perfectly but, didnt have the customizations options like the androids did nor the applications development.
This is just what it is. I use the hd7 everyday as my everyday phone because of the simply fact that it does everyday tasks better than any of the android phones can even with the custom roms and overclocking that is done to them. I can have all them do the same thing but, the hd7 will most likely do it with more precision and smoothness and speed than the android phones will. But, I use the android phones for all the cool apps and games that are available to me that I cant get on the wp7/hd7 and this is something that I learned having them all that neither are perfect and far from it but, they all do something good that the other cant and you have to just deal with it.
I could care less if developers ported android over to the hd7 cause I alrdy have android phones that came with android and even if they did get android on the hd7 I would still use the wp7.5 more than android. Dont get me wrong - i would do the dual boot if it came out and that would allow me to be able to sell my android phones and just have one device for both operating systems that about it.
The bottom line to this is for all the ppl who have hd7's and want android on it( stop complaining you os does everything better than android anyway the only thing missing is the apps and customizations which the next one or two builds that get realized should take care of that since my cousin works for the development team for windows mobile and tells me that this is their next goal for the system) and if you really need android that bad than just go and get something that has android on it. cause if you sit around and wait for it to get ported to the hd7 then you might be 100 years old before that happens since most ppl who keep an hd7 keep it cause they like it and thats the bottom line.

Last edited:

paallday

Jul 24, 2011
philly
Androids not laggy if u have a good phone.
N how does android not use hardware properly? If anything it uses it better than wp7 because its way More flexible...
Now if u r not getting this phone 2 android go the **** away

Last edited:

turbod16sp

Dec 18, 2011

i am not trying to argue or am i not saying that android is bad in anyway, if i was i would have sold my android phones along time ago or would have asked for something else as presents but, i love them more and will choose them over my hd7 anyday of the week. i enjoy my droid phones better than my hd7 wp7 but, with everyday tasks the hd7 is better "in my opinion". and what i am saying is that how does an older wp7 phone the hd7 with an older version of the 1ghz processor boot up quicker and respond better to touch gestures and opening and closing apps than a newer phone with a newer 1ghz processor and better gpu at that. given that you tell me how a mytouch 4g with a different rom (cm7) and overclocked past stock settings from bootup can be beaten in bootup time and in opening apps that an older completely stock wp7.5 mango os and rom with stock cpu setting hd7 phone. "you might be right in saying that android is more flexible and what not" but i have not only tested all 3 of my android phones which again all are on custom roms and overclocked with newer cpu's and gpu's than the hd7 along with my friends phone which include devices like the evo 4g,evo 3d, epic 4g, thunderbolt for vz and galaxy s for att all put against the hd7 and none boot faster nor are more responsive than it. again thou you might be right maybe the os is better at using its resources than a wp but, if it is i cant see it when comparing it to many androids.
lastly if this wasnt the case i would not ever own a wp/hd7 ever cause android has way more that you "could possible do" than a wp ever could - talking about the ability to customize just about everything as well as having an applications for just about everything that you would need an app for. this is where the wp lacks a ton of points in as i hate it for that. if i had to choice a phone to have for the rest of my life it would be my my-touch 4g i could live with that phone easy cause i would never get bored of it which im bored of my hd7 every time i use it i just use it cause it works at what i need it to just a "tiny bit better than android does".
this is the only reason why "in my own opinion" which all of this is just "my opinion" which everyones is allowed to have one i do not care if everyone as their own opinions about thinking i am just a ****ing retard cause i do not care thats your opinion and this is mine" i think the wp7 os uses the hardware better cause with having an older cpu and gpu the hd7 is still up to par with the new droids. normally one would think that the better cpu and better gpu would yield better results than one with older slower ones but this is not the case with mine and my friends results with our phones. maybe you get different results than me and "that is fine kool i want you do prove me wrong" in that cause i think that android is way better than wp and want to see a better cpu phone have better results than a wp. but i just havent seen it in my tests which is the only reason i even say anything about this topic.

Reactions: truffle1234

paallday

Jul 24, 2011
philly
Well like I said before
My phone has a 1.2 ghz proccessor and if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that NONE of the android phones u mentioned have anywhere near the specs of an hd7
Ps u are trying 2 argue and for the last time go away

Last edited:

htchd7_tmob

Jan 12, 2012
Firstly you have to pay too much to become a developer, then 4-5 times revisions of the program you want to add, every revision costing money... he says: No way I will do it... I really like the WP7, but hey... why not dual-boot with Android? Why not force Microsoft open the market for the developers? Are you happy with so little applications on their market? I am NOT!
I got the device and would be a good experience to have the both OS-es on it.
Don't tell me buy Android phone, don't be stupid. I like my phone. It's just the fact that we have to force Microsoft to make the market less expensive. And it would be by making Android roms for their devices, that way no one will be using their OS and they might start thinking what is wrong?
Why no one having Android phone asks for WP7 rom for their devices?!
I am for a Android import for all WP7 devices!
I adore the guy that made the Android import for the HD2! A real hero!
Bravo!!!

Not really sure how your really good developer friend can say that is its costly to be a developer for WP7... I downloaded all the tools from MS for FREE. That is ONLY the first problem with your post. I cut out the rest of the garbage you spewed and left the rest of the mistakes in the quote for you. :D

Reactions: truffle1234

segaodma

Apr 18, 2009
YES... until we get jailbreak and offline navigation... this WP7 sucks!

SSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSS!!!

STUPID PHONE YOU CAN'T GO ABROAD AND USE GPS... EVEN HOME YOU NEED 3G!

merkcity

Jan 22, 2010
Jacksonville FL
Just thought i tell (truffle1234) that your precious hd7 that can compete with the iphone 4s lol is going down on craigslist i just bought another one for $50 just to say i bought this crap for $50....O and by the way iphone 4s is still on there for $450 or higher, do the math and tell me how many hd7's that is lol lol lol lol yeah im still using this crap phone because i paid $500 on release cause ms put so much hype on this crap you would have bought three (ill never buy a windows phone again)

truffle1234

Mar 16, 2007
Tokyo
Just thought i tell (truffle1234) that your precious hd7 that can compete with the iphone 4s lol is going down on craigslist i just bought another one for $50 just to say i bought this crap for $50....O and by the way iphone 4s is still on there for $450 or higher, do the math and tell me how many hd7's that is lol lol lol lol yeah im still using this crap phone because i paid $500 on release cause ms put so much hype on this crap you would have bought three (ill never buy a windows phone again)

so who is the dumb guy, who paid $500 at launch or the one who hates it and still bought it for $50... (and with our IQ ithink yu will buy another windows phone)

hummmmm..... though..

Note: i am using a titan, and will buy the nokia lumina 900 in a few months... i still have the HD7, and i like to come to this forum and enjoy you guys and its free entertainent for me...

Last edited:

sthEn

Oct 13, 2010
I will willingly buy your HD7 for 100 bucks, if you are willing to ship it to Poland, since you hate it so much ;)

truffle1234

Mar 16, 2007
Tokyo
Im saying go the hell away or be relevant or their will b ramifications beyond your feeble comprehension:banghead:

you are the one talking ****, and getting pissed, i am just enjoying you getting pissed... if you want to tell people you have $50 bucks to buy HD7, and you hate the phone BUT YOU STILL BOUGHT IT...

if i have a laugh about it i dont think i am wrong, and just for your info, people use foul language to hide their limited vocabelery..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just been trought the 32 pages of posts here; I can conclude:

a) 45% of the posts are people asking for an android port for the hd7
    b) 50% of the posts are replies from twats asking why? and pestering the other 45% to get a hd2 or Hd or whatever...

c) 5% of the posts are mixed claims about wanting to donate or secret projects and a few "we are working on it guys"...

So 32 pages of useless posts specially "b" posts...

This site used to be an innovative site to hack standard phones and make them become something else... this is why it is called XDA-DEVELOPERS!! the XDA was one of the first HTC devices...

So please if your only apport to a forum is: "I am an idiot and want my phone to remain the same" do not brother posting, get an IPHONE, get a life... if you have something to say and it is useful then post!

Now back to waiting until someone actually writes something about porting android in the HD7... in the mean time I am sure I will have fun watching the replies to this post and all the flame wars i just started.

I apologize to the mods for doing it, but since the blueangel days, with more and more people signing in, and the right to free speech over the internet... the quality of the forums is going down with B type posts...

There is a place in the internet to publish useless opinions and information and it is called facebook... please leave tech forums to post tech questions and tech answers that actually HELP others.

I have been HTC owner since the blueangel days and always feel like i am beta testing unstable devices to get to do a little more with them than most people, i like the chill of waiting to know if i bricked my phone or if it will work, to see if i can go back to factory settings... thus the reason i dont go pestering the forums giving non answers to valid questions... been member here for more than 5 years and with a low post count simply out of respect... I help when i can help, that is called netiquette...

vent off... peace, the colonel
    Thread Open again.
    Deleted 34 OT posts.
    HD7 and Android:
    Do not post reply as

" i don't like it"
    " Hd2"
    "i hate it"
    " why i need it"
    "WP7 is better"

There are already tons of threads as subject.
    Stay on topic.

I will check this thread more often.
    I actually think it's a great question.

Why would people want it? because it gives you CHOICE!

It would be great if you could dual boot with Android and WM7 so you get the best of both worlds: taking advantage of Android whilst also using WM7 while it matures. I'd absolutely love to have a device with android and WM7.

Wish I was a developer, I'd work on that project straight away! I'd pay to have a dual-booting HD7 (or desire HD!) !

Bring it on dudes!
    I'm really bored of all this childish attitude and i'm really boring of all this trolling.
    I'm closing this thread till this evening so i will clean up from some of the last garbages.
    Any other android thread opened in the meantime will be deleted.
    May i ask you where have you seen evidence to believe such thing ?
    Please dont meantion either it was that video.

What if that video was only design for android CLONES but not the actual real thing.

Aniways if only we can get some evidence that would be good enough.

take care

Ok it appears I'm once again having to talk to you sandrax, fun, to your first post

1# Pepsi worked on the Android port for the HD2, with a team of peers, so yes thats proof.

2# It does have information in it. the first video shows bugs, that on a clone wouldn't have these bugs as android was made to run on them for example an SD card issue (which would be present as WP7 is SPECIALLY FORMATTED) along as well as a cellular radio issue that would be present as the HD7's radio ISNT made for android, the 2nd shows these bugs are removed.. Idiot.

3# The DarkForcesTeam & Cortulla, And theres no other way to prove it, cause these guys are the top of the guns of Android development. What facts don't you get, the HD7 has an unlocked bootloader and only needs an RSPL & An Exploit. then android can be flashed. Whats so difficult for you to understand

4# The videos are proof, why the hell would google & HTC come out and say that an Android port for the HD7 was being made, there not making it, and it would only get them in trouble with microsoft, Google and HTC don't even come out with custom roms for Android devices, You Idiot (Once again.)

5# Its not misleading information, Mango is out in september, the reason the DFT are holding off is A) because its the first major update and another one wont be rushed out and B) Mango has a huge exploit that has been found which will make it easier to port android & MAGDLR for the HD7 and other HTC WP7 Phones. Pepsi from the xda.cn has found another exploit in the earlier builds of WP7 (I'd say the 7004/7008 build considering those were out when the videos surfaced. and therefore hes pinning a june release.)

There not Random people. xda.cn where the first to release a Android Rom For the HD2 & DFT were the first to dual boot the HD2 to run both WP7 And Android.

As for your question quoted above about clones, THIS ISNT A CLONE! Clones have different button layouts, why the hell won't people just go look at the clones and you will see this... Also a lot of the clones don't have the chrome around the sides of the phone, its a black plastic build for a clone normally. I wish you would just LISTEN Sandrax, Because now your seriously annoying me.

MODS: Can you please issue a warning to Sandrax2020, We have answered these questions to him about 4/5 times now and he WON'T Listen. I will be reporting him myself