Widget Locker Lockscreen

Search This thread

Rustyspoon

Apr 16, 2013
Hey all ....

I am having some extremely frustrating problems with Widget Locker Lockscreen here on my HTC One.

First, I can't seem to get the homehelper to work correctly as it doesn't even look like its saving my settings when I switch launchers or anything for testing. I don't need a PIN or security on my phone as deep as setting that, I just don't want the home button to take me to the home screen when on the lockscreen. GO locker did this beautifully for me, and didn't have the second issue below.

Second, when it does work for like 10 seconds, I get an annoying flicker of it trying to paint the homescreen then going back to the lockscreen.

Anyone else experiencing any of these issues or know how to fix them? I have emailed the created of WL a couple of times stating the problems I was having within the app and got nothing back, so its time to ask the XDA Community.

Thanks

Last edited:

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
HTC One (m7)
Google Pixel
I experienced the same problems as you. It was an amazing app when it was on my Nexus one, still is used. But on the Htc One its pretty lackluster. I know I have nothing to contribute but I just uninstalled it...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Rustyspoon

Apr 16, 2013
I experienced the same problems as you. It was an amazing app when it was on my Nexus one, still is used. But on the Htc One its pretty lackluster. I know I have nothing to contribute but I just uninstalled it...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Your HTC One is running ARHD as well (well from your signature it says it is) ... I am on 11.5.

Can someone on a different ROM check to see if they are having these issues as well? I know a lot of people are using the app so someone on a different ROM shouldnt be hard to find

Absolut`

Feb 4, 2010
San Diego, CA
Your HTC One is running ARHD as well (well from your signature it says it is) ... I am on 11.5.

Can someone on a different ROM check to see if they are having these issues as well? I know a lot of people are using the app so someone on a different ROM shouldnt be hard to find

Hey, I'm on fully converted GE. I use nova/widgetlocker religiously. Unfortunately, I have the same problems when I try to use homehelper. Its like an inefficient workaround, shows the "redraw" of home but tries to maintain WL. This isn't a working solution. I've disabled it and for the time being, I've just tried to ignore the home button while lock screen. Its always just power button or swipe (if i'm using custom kernel) then unlock using lockscreen. I've looked for other lockscreen alternatives but in terms of features, nothing compares to WL. I hope the devs bring out an update in the near future to address these issues.

Rustyspoon

Apr 16, 2013
Hey, I'm on fully converted GE. I use nova/widgetlocker religiously. Unfortunately, I have the same problems when I try to use homehelper. Its like an inefficient workaround, shows the "redraw" of home but tries to maintain WL. This isn't a working solution. I've disabled it and for the time being, I've just tried to ignore the home button while lock screen. Its always just power button or swipe (if i'm using custom kernel) then unlock using lockscreen. I've looked for other lockscreen alternatives but in terms of features, nothing compares to WL. I hope the devs bring out an update in the near future to address these issues.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I have been extremely frustrated with this app but nothing compares to the customizing that can be done with it. Lets hope for a speedy update to fix this or hopefully the devs actually come on XDA and see this thread starting and address it

cell30

Jan 28, 2012
I was able to get rid of the flicker by turning on "HomeHelper ondemand via root" in Advanced > Root Helper (in addition to enabling HopeHelper). I'm currently on TrickDroid 8.00 and WidgetLocker 2.4beta8.

Rustyspoon

Apr 16, 2013
I was able to get rid of the flicker by turning on "HomeHelper ondemand via root" in Advanced > Root Helper (in addition to enabling HopeHelper). I'm currently on TrickDroid 8.00 and WidgetLocker 2.4beta8.

Turned on HomeHelper ondemand via root .... it stopped the home button bypass of the lockscreen but I still have the flicker

Rustyspoon

Apr 16, 2013
Crazy observation ....

I cleared all my settings, defaults, etc this morning before I posted about the homehelper with root .... and still had the flicker

Just playing around with my phone now I changed my lockscreen to have an alternate background from my home screen .... no more flicker on my device ...

Do you guys have alternate backgrounds? If not, can you try switch to one and see if you still get the flicker?

Rustyspoon

Apr 16, 2013
On ViperRom it works normal and perfectly =)

TrickDroid, as posted above, seems to not have any issues either. Is there anyone else on TrickDroid or ViperRom that has had issues?

I can't see why it would be limited to ARHD and GE Roms on the One, but since I don't know much about how these are put together, I guess anything is possible.

Also to note, after my change yesterday, I haven't had an issue since.

drsamratroy

May 14, 2013
just installed app again after update. works like a charm and the dashclock is in "fullscreen" unlike when it was on the sense lockscreen!

can you explain the procedure you followed to do it.i am on IC ROM...when i select Dashclock lockscreen it gets shown on the lockscreen but the default lockscreen is still there...kinda looks odd...two clocks on one lockscreen...:confused:

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
HTC One (m7)
Google Pixel
can you explain the procedure you followed to do it.i am on IC ROM...when i select Dashclock lockscreen it gets shown on the lockscreen but the default lockscreen is still there...kinda looks odd...two clocks on one lockscreen...:confused:

I dont get it? you installed Lockscreen widget and it doesnt enable? make sure you go to settings of lockscreen widget and enable it! tick that box see if that works...

after that it should be simple from there!

MJFox78

Jul 18, 2013
Vienna
do you guys know any way to use the default lockscreen when you get a call?

the only two possibilities that I found is to either have no lockscreen or you don't see who's calling you (because you need to unlock widget locker first) - both not ideal if you ask me

Greetings

MJFox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
HTC One (m7)
Google Pixel
do you guys know any way to use the default lockscreen when you get a call?

the only two possibilities that I found is to either have no lockscreen or you don't see who's calling you (because you need to unlock widget locker first) - both not ideal if you ask me

Greetings

MJFox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Well I dunno about you. But I am not having any issue for when someone calls me. but then again I didn't put any sort of security on my phone.

I just have Widget Locker Lockscreen enabled. someone calls me goes straight to answer/decline for me

luosuja

Jul 22, 2013
Tampere, Finland
Using default lockscreen, there is this cool feature (widget?) that shows controls and info of music that is currently playing, no matter what is the player you are using (I use both Spotify and Poweramp). Is there similar widget available that could be used with Widget Locker? I have found some that has support for Poweramp, but for spotify none. I'd rather not add both player's own widget to Widget Locker, it would be just spending space (and Spotify's widget is quite ugly).

MJFox78

Jul 18, 2013
Vienna
I just have Widget Locker Lockscreen enabled. someone calls me goes straight to answer/decline for me

me too, but that's the problem: you don't have to swipe up to answer or decline the call, the phone is unlocked so you only have to tap answer or decline... this may cause you to accept/decline calls by accident

I would like to have the default incoming call screen where you have to swipe up to accept the call together with widget locker, but I didn't find a way yet to achieve that

greetings

MJFox

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts