[SOLVED] Cyanogenmod 11 created a bug in my phone?

Search This thread

vinte007

Dec 20, 2013
Dear XDA Developers and @temasek

I installed your CM 11 on my Samsung Galaxy S III I9300. I love it. But the only problem is that when I install it, it says that my phone has only 4GB free space left. And now after installing some apps and putting my music and pictures, the phone only has 432mb left >.<

I factory resetted the phone, cleared partition cache, cleared delvik cache but nothing changed this bug. How can the OS take like 12GB of my phone? I know that its a bug, so is there anyway I can fix this? :crying:

Thank you guys for developing these awesome ROM's and supporting us newbies. :)

Last edited:

Iqbal Ansari

Jun 6, 2012
Bhopal

I installed your CM 11 on my Samsung Galaxy S III I9300. I love it. But the only problem is that when I install it, it says that my phone has only 4GB free space left. And now after installing some apps and putting my music and pictures, the phone only has 432mb left >.<

I factory resetted the phone, cleared partition cache, cleared delvik cache but nothing changed this bug. How can the OS take like 12GB of my phone? I know that its a bug, so is there anyway I can fix this? :crying:

Its not possible at all.
Go into recovery and do a full wipe and install again.
Wipe system, data everything.

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013

I believe u came from stock or a 4.1.2 rom? Starting from 4.2 onwards, the folder structure changed. This link will help u. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274218

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you :)

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Its not possible at all.

Its not possible but why are u giving solutions he tried already?

Reactions: vinte007

Iqbal Ansari

Jun 6, 2012
Bhopal
I believe u came from stock or a 4.1.2 rom? Starting from 4.2 onwards, the folder structure changed. This link will help u. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274218

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Oh my bad..
Didnt read his full post. Thought it might be a bad flash.

vinte007

Dec 20, 2013
Exactly!

I am thinking tat it isnt. I think its the folder structure change from 4.1.2. Nvr heard a bad flash like this.

Yush, I came from the official 4.1.2 and that thread is speaking the truth. So, when I go to data folder, there is no other stuff there. But there was the media folder in the root folder (/) and that media folder had 4 other folders which are: emulated, sdcard0, sdcard1 and USBsd (something). The emulated folder has two more folders called 0 and legacy. 0 and legacy had same android OS folders as sdcard0. So I think it is these three folders (which have the same OS thingies) are taking up my storage space?

So what am I suppose to do in order to free all these spaces? I need them >.< Do I delete a folder or something?
I have the backups of the stuffs I need. Now, all I need is to recover the lost space. The other thread is speaking about some megawipe. Is this sorcery good on my phone and CM 11?

Once again, Thank you people for supporting me and all these people :).

Last edited:

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Yush, I came from the official 4.1.2 and that thread is speaking the truth. So, when I go to data folder, there is no other stuff there. But there was the media folder in the root folder (/) and that media folder had 4 other folders which are: emulated, sdcard0, sdcard1 and USBsd (something). The emulated folder has two more folders called 0 and legacy. 0 and legacy had same android OS folders as sdcard0. So I think it is these three folders (which have the same OS thingies) are taking up my storage space?

So what am I suppose to do in order to free all these spaces? I need them >.< Do I delete a folder or something?
I have the backups of the stuffs I need. Now, all I need is to recover the lost space. The other thread is speaking about some megawipe. Is this sorcery good on my phone and CM 11?

I previously sent a link to u. I will send it again. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274218

Reactions: vinte007

vinte007

Dec 20, 2013
Solved

The problem is now fixed. As JellyYogurt said, It was a problem with the folder structure. I fixed it by wiping all the data using megawipe and then installing the CM 11 ROM again. Now my storage stuff if back to normal and all the apps and everything is working fine.

Once again thanks to @JellyYogurt and all of you Developers. :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its not possible at all.

Oh my bad..
    Didnt read his full post. Thought it might be a bad flash.

I am thinking tat it isnt. I think its the folder structure change from 4.1.2. Nvr heard a bad flash like this.

I previously sent a link to u. I will send it again. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274218