Do I have to unlock sim Galaxy S4 to install cm10.2??

Search This thread

mattlou

May 2, 2014
I am new to all this and want to install cm10.2 but have no need to unlock my phone, is this totally necessary? Also what data, apps do I loose etc? Am i also able to install a different browser on the rom as i quite like zirco browser (does not have incognito ;) ). Many thanks

|>/\nte

I am new to all this and want to install cm10.2 but have no need to unlock my phone, is this totally necessary? Also what data, apps do I loose etc? Am i also able to install a different browser on the rom as i quite like zirco browser (does not have incognito ;) ). Many thanks

As long as you use the sim you had provided with the phone (e.g. if it's a at&t phone and you have an at&t sim), you don't have to sim unlock the phone. Also, I think c.m. 10.2 has no sim lock. Anyway, your apps and data (e.g. music, pictures) will all be deleted, so if you want to keep them, use a backup app like the titanium backup to keep them all, but if you do so, note that you have to install the app again after the c.m. setup, because as I said, all your apps and data will be deleted. As for the browser, of course you can install any other you want, although c.m. has already one.

mattlou

May 2, 2014
As long as you use the sim you had provided with the phone (e.g. if it's a at&t phone and you have an at&t sim), you don't have to sim unlock the phone. Also, I think c.m. 10.2 has no sim lock. Anyway, your apps and data (e.g. music, pictures) will all be deleted, so if you want to keep them, use a backup app like the titanium backup to keep them all, but if you do so, note that you have to install the app again after the c.m. setup, because as I said, all your apps and data will be deleted. As for the browser, of course you can install any other you want, although c.m. has already one.

Thank you so much, done the titanium backup already, I have my pictures etc on cloud so thats not a problem, can I just back up apps to the SD card? I am aware not all apps can be stored there but the majority of mine are. Sorry to ask loads I want to be 100% sure before I flash the rom lol

|>/\nte

Thank you so much, done the titanium backup already, I have my pictures etc on cloud so thats not a problem, can I just back up apps to the SD card? I am aware not all apps can be stored there but the majority of mine are. Sorry to ask loads I want to be 100% sure before I flash the rom lol

Don't feel sorry for asking "too much". That's what xda is for. Anyway, I think you can backup your apps in your external sd card but via a backup app (let's say the titanium backup as far as we've already mentioned it), because your phone doesn't have that option itself - as far as I know, I don't own a samsung phone. Check it out. If you can backup your stuff to the external sd card, I recommend you do it, so you'll be more sure for your precious apps' safety.

Last edited: