[Q] LCD + SIM Flex Cable Connectors Broken - Suggestions?

Search This thread

yarrrrr

Jan 24, 2014
First time poster here and wanted to start by saying thanks to the members on here who have spent countless hours teaching others how to root, unlock, flash custom ROMs, etc. Your guidance has provided lots of fun in the Android world. :)

Recently, the LCD glass screen had shattered on my HTC One, and I had purchased a replacement front and back. Upon transferring the motherboard + the secondary chip to the new housing, I accidentally broke off the flex cable connectors for the LCD screen and SIM card. Upon completion of reassembly, I crossed my fingers as I pressed the power button, only to be met with the initial power-on vibration and no image on the LCD. Unfortunately, I can't verify if the SIM slot is working without the LCD, but I'd assume it isn't.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my story. I've supplemented it with pictures indicating where I messed up. The first picture is the motherboard. Compare the two connectors contained in the red circle. The left one has the white tab, while the right is missing its white tab. The second picture is the SIM connector to the secondary board. As you may notice yet again, the white connector is missing. If anyone has legit/illegit solutions to this problem, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20140123_194806_resized.jpg
    20140123_194806_resized.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 443
  • 20140123_194943_resized.jpg
    20140123_194943_resized.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 427

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
First time poster here and wanted to start by saying thanks to the members on here who have spent countless hours teaching others how to root, unlock, flash custom ROMs, etc. Your guidance has provided lots of fun in the Android world. :)

Recently, the LCD glass screen had shattered on my HTC One, and I had purchased a replacement front and back. Upon transferring the motherboard + the secondary chip to the new housing, I accidentally broke off the flex cable connectors for the LCD screen and SIM card. Upon completion of reassembly, I crossed my fingers as I pressed the power button, only to be met with the initial power-on vibration and no image on the LCD. Unfortunately, I can't verify if the SIM slot is working without the LCD, but I'd assume it isn't.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my story. I've supplemented it with pictures indicating where I messed up. The first picture is the motherboard. Compare the two connectors contained in the red circle. The left one has the white tab, while the right is missing its white tab. The second picture is the SIM connector to the secondary board. As you may notice yet again, the white connector is missing. If anyone has legit/illegit solutions to this problem, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

unless you have high soldering skills, you should go to a repair shop to get these pcb connectors replaced or even send it to htc. I highly doubt htc will replace the connectors but may replace the entire main board which probably won't be cheap at all. :eek:

or the other solution if its to expensive, buy a ''for parts or not working'' M7 from ebay and remove the motherboard to service your phone. (i.e a unit that have a cracked screen but still able to boot) Don't forget it must have a clean imei.

btw I don't understand how you managed to broke that connector tab, it should unlock easily with delicate force with a precision screwdriver.. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: yarrrrr

yarrrrr

Jan 24, 2014
unless you have high soldering skills, you should go to a repair shop to get these pcb connectors replaced or even send it to htc. I highly doubt htc will replace the connectors but may replace the entire main board which probably won't be cheap at all. :eek:

or the other solution if its to expensive, buy a ''for parts or not working'' M7 from ebay and remove the motherboard to service your phone. (i.e a unit that have a cracked screen but still able to boot) Don't forget it must have a clean imei.

btw I don't understand how you managed to broke that connector tab, it should unlock easily with delicate force with a precision screwdriver.. :eek:

Thanks for the help, appreciate the honesty.

I'll chalk it up to inexperience, with this being my first attempt at phone surgery. Hopefully the second attempt will go much, much smoother. ;)

Will keep an eye out for HTC One's with a cracked screen!

sherbetllama

Aug 13, 2014
Thanks for the help, appreciate the honesty.

I'll chalk it up to inexperience, with this being my first attempt at phone surgery. Hopefully the second attempt will go much, much smoother. ;)

Will keep an eye out for HTC One's with a cracked screen!

I know exactly how you broke it off. There's four of those connectors and two of them have a different type of flip. It's silly. I have the exact same problem too. :(

Did you end up getting yours fixed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!