knock-on trouble

Search This thread

gonk24

Mar 7, 2011
I flashed back to stock twice using the ZVC tot and knock on wouldn't work either time. Thankfully I got the knock code update to ZVD and that did fix it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Jun 5, 2008
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467302

[VZW] HiddenMenu
Read the entire 7 page thread, and follow directions.
System app this should be with terminal instructions.
This did fix my knock on problem.

I flashed back to stock twice using the ZVC tot and knock on wouldn't work either time. Thankfully I got the knock code update to ZVD and that did fix it.

I had the opposite problem, ZVC was all fine and ZVD messed up the knock on feature,

kbow1

Apr 21, 2012
Michigan
Same for me.....

I had the opposite problem, ZVC was all fine and ZVD messed up the knock on feature,

I'm in the same boat, knock on worked flawlessly prior to the ZVD update, now it does not work at all. Knock Code is awesome, so if I had to choose one over the other, I'd take the code. I've tried some of the fixes previously mentioned to no avail. Any other fixes out there?

beezar

Oct 29, 2011
This doesn't work for me. I've replaced the HiddenMenu.apk properly, changed permissions, and rebooted. Once into the menu either by terminal or dialer code, there is no HW Device Test option to choose. It's giving me the same hidden menu that Sprint already has. Again, yes, I replaced the apk properly.

Stock rooted ZVC

Had the same problem for a while. I took the ZVD update, then tot back to ZVC, but knock on stopped working. Tried the HiddenMenu.apk but still the same limited menu.

Then I realized that the HiddenMenu.apk is deodexed and won't work on ZVC odexed. So i fixed it by flashing a deodexed ROM (SuperG2 in my case), installed the HiddenMenu.apk which worked, updated the touch firmware, then tot'd back to ZVC, and knock on works great now.

kbow1

Apr 21, 2012
Michigan
To Clarify even more:
If you tap your "Knock On Code" while the screen is off, it will wake up and unlock to desktop. The double tap to wake is not active while you have the knock code active.

I'll have to check that. Knock On works with Knock Code on my G3, figured it would be the same on the G2............maybe not.

Last edited:

trubadness

Jul 23, 2014
just sharing my experience: i updated to zvd, back to zvc, to cm11, back to zv7 and ota'd all the way back to zvd and my knock on still worked, it is now broken after i flashed the white lines fix after flashing the tmobile stock rom by novembre5. tried every fix in this thread and still no fix. knock off works flawlessly. im sure if i went back to zv7 and took all the ota's again ittl work but i need this rom to use my tmobile service.

jamaicamike

Sep 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
All you have to do is put your knock code in when screen is off and it will turn on knock on won't turn on the screen but if screen is off and knock code is used it will unlock the phone

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

xlnzee

Jun 16, 2011
just sharing my experience: i updated to zvd, back to zvc, to cm11, back to zv7 and ota'd all the way back to zvd and my knock on still worked, it is now broken after i flashed the white lines fix after flashing the tmobile stock rom by novembre5. tried every fix in this thread and still no fix. knock off works flawlessly. im sure if i went back to zv7 and took all the ota's again ittl work but i need this rom to use my tmobile service.

Did you try the Hidden Menu trick? that works for many if not all.

try 3845#*modelnumber# eg: 3845#*800# change model number 800 with your phones model number, then tap on "Settings" and scroll down to "Update Touch Firmware"

penone1130

Apr 3, 2010
I'm on a US Sprint LG-G2 and folllowing beezar's advise was able to get into the proper hidden menu. I went ahead and updated the Touch Firmware but still no go. 2 questions:

1. What is the correct firmware version that will fix the knock on issue?
2. Does the proximity sensor have any effect on knock-on? I just recently replaced my screen and think I may have damaged the proximity sensor. When I use one of the proximity sensor tests it never seems to work. Stays at 0cm.

Thanks for any help!

imekul

Aug 4, 2008
Illinois
I'm on a US Sprint LG-G2 and folllowing beezar's advise was able to get into the proper hidden menu. I went ahead and updated the Touch Firmware but still no go. 2 questions:

1. What is the correct firmware version that will fix the knock on issue?
2. Does the proximity sensor have any effect on knock-on? I just recently replaced my screen and think I may have damaged the proximity sensor. When I use one of the proximity sensor tests it never seems to work. Stays at 0cm.

Thanks for any help!

I think the proximity sensor DOES affect the knock-on feature. My knock-on works fine, but if I put one hand over the proximity sensor it won't wake on a double-tap (probably to avoid accidental wakes when the phone is in a pocket).

penone1130

Apr 3, 2010
Thanks.

I see now where the issue lies. When I put the screen on I must have had too much adhesive on the top portion because it does look a bit raised. If I push down on the left corner and then double tap phone turns on. Looks like I'm going to have to take the screen off and add more adhesive.

blakebaa

Aug 29, 2014
I'm having the exact same issue, and haven't found an easy way around it yet. There is the hard way, but I don't trust myself enough to do that! :p

cgedansk

Jun 23, 2014
I'm very surprised this is still a pervasive issue. My knock-on function disappeared when Kit Kat showed up and never came back. And, knock-off works just fine, so it can't be hardware.

I've tried the fixes using the proximity sensor. None are that responsive and they all eat battery life. Not sure if Sprint or LG will every solve this issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    anyone else having issues with knock on not working? knock off works perfect everytime, but knock on is not working at all.i am now stock zvc unrooted after .toting to test if i maybe deleted something i shouldn't have, however after .toting it is still not functioning?
    Just noticed that yesterday. I have stock zvc rooted. It did work shortly after i ran .tot. I just dont know why or when it stopped working. Knock off works just fine.

Apparently toggling it on and off, and recalibrating the screen in settings fixes the issue for many.
    Apparently toggling it on and off, and recalibrating the screen in settings fixes the issue for many.

Toggle on and off and calibrating did not resolve. What i did notice is that is will work eventually if you just keep tapping and timing yourself. I have tried lots of suggestions from other sources and nothing has worked consistently for me. The frustrating part is that it was working flawlessly not too long ago. I have not installed any new apps but some apps have updated. After about 50 tries, knockon did work but out of about 120 tries, i have only successfully got the phone to turn on twice by using knockon. Has anyone else had better luck?
    how to fix Knock on

First copy the apk to System/apps fix permission to rw- r- r-
    Them reboot
    Open dailer and put this. 5689#*980#
    Them go to
    hw device test/ Touch test/ touch firmware update.
    Exit out and done knock on is working