[Q] custom ROM boot problem!

Search This thread

goodzcrool

Feb 9, 2012
Hey everyone,

I'm a new-by to the tech world. I have a "google nexus s" running on ICS 4.0.4, I recently rooted my phone, flashed clockworkmod recovery and tried to install CM9 on my device. After the installation was completed through the clockworkmod, the boot image had showen up and continued to boot throughout the night and never showed up the home screen nor did the custom ROM open itself.
Can anyone give me a lil help as to about what this problem is or the reason why this is happening?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanx!

Last edited:

anglergab

Apr 14, 2012
Budapest
You have a bootloop, this appears because of kernel (boot.img) problems and/or inconsistent cache.
Please wipe/erase cache and Dalvik cache (this can be found in the Advanced menu). Wiping cache partition and Dalvik cache won't erase your personal data.
Make sure the previously flashed CM zip contained a boot.img file. If not, please flash a proper/recommended boot.img (kernel; which is in a zip file) or another rom (with boot.img).

Icecoldmeat

Oct 24, 2011
Almelo
When you flash a new rom over your stock.. first make a backup, then you need to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache..

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA app

goodzcrool

Feb 9, 2012
Got a backup and mods are running cool! Thanx for the help!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium